Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Changes Simple Choice Plans, Adds More Data, and International Texting

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default T-Mobile Changes Simple Choice Plans, Adds More Data, and International Texting

T-Mobile recently announced that it would be making some changes to its existing Simple Choice plans. All of the plan options will now include more data and unlimited international texting from the US in addition to domestic talk, text and data. The pricing tiers will start at $50 per month, except now you’ll get a full 1 GB of LTE data at this price instead of just 500 MB, with the tiers increasing from there. Users will now be offered 3 GB of unthrottled LTE data for $60 per month instead of 2.5 GB and 5 GB for $70 per month.

The company’s press release states the following:

"Today, we’re doubling down on Simple Choice. With these announcements, we’re delivering even more high-speed data to Simple Choice customers. Every existing Simple Choice customer will automatically get more and not a single existing customer will have to pay more – that’s Un-Carrier. I’d love to see our competitors try that.

Simple Choice plans still start with one line at $50 per month for unlimited data, talk and text on the T-Mobile network. You only have to decide how much high speed 4G LTE data you want. And now on the core plan, you’ll get a full 1GB of 4G LTE data and tethering – double the previous amounts. Additional lines continue to be $30 for the second line and $10 for up to three additional lines for unlimited data talk and text, and now 1GB of 4G LTE data.

If you want more 4G LTE data on any of your lines, you can opt for getting 3 GB of 4G LTE data including tethering for an extra $10 a month per line (that’s up from 2.5 GB before). Or you can get 5 GB of 4G LTE data including tethering for an extra $20 a month per line (a new offer). And you power users also still have the option to get totally unlimited 4G LTE data, now with 5 GB of 4G LTE tethering , double the previous amount for an extra $30 a month per line (unlimited 4G LTE plans with 2.5GB of tethering were previously an extra $20 per month).
    One thing to note is that the final tier, the one that includes unlimited 4G LTE data, is actually going up in price from an extra $20 per month to an extra $30. The good news is that customers who have the current unlimited LTE plan for an extra $20 will be grandfathered in.

In addition to the data plan changes, T-Mobile will be adding unlimited international texting from the United States at no extra cost to all of its Simple Choice plans. The data changes take effect on March 23 and the international texting will begin in early April.

How do you T-Mobile users feel about the changes?

Source: T-Mobile (Press Release)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Lol and ATT brought their share value plan down $15 to what it used to be before they took away unlimited data.

I love it! I'm a $50 simple plan customer and I always consume my 500MB data usually 8 days before it renews. So this will suite me just fine

No wonder why AT&T is dropping some of their pricing. I love competition.

That great. I have 4 lines - two have the regular 500mb and 2 are unlimited. For 140 a month I thought it was a great deal and now it's even better. I like the 5 gigs of tethering.

AT&T charges for tethering. Hate it.

I pay $89 a month for 400 minutes unlimited data and texting. TetherMe jailbreak app helps with tethering

T-mobile is winning rite now inhave a ipad air from them and what i didnt know is after i use my 4.5gb i have 2.5gb of tethering free they are really winning rite now what keeps you at att or any of others they service will get better watch

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I pay $89 a month for 400 minutes unlimited data and texting. TetherMe jailbreak app helps with tethering
    You'll get a text message from them (if you tether a lot) about upgrading your plan sooner or later.

Truly loving T-Mobile. I switched to T-Mobile from AT&T, I am saving $150+ every month compared to what I was paying AT&T and not to mention true unlimited data is amazing.
    I did a speed test at home, T-Mobile was downloading at 19Mbps and AT&T at about 15mbps. Seems like I will be a T-Mobile customer for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    You'll get a text message from them (if you tether a lot) about upgrading your plan sooner or later.
    true, but what about tether with mobile share? Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    true, but what about tether with mobile share? Hmm
    And? I hope you can tether with mobile share being you're paying $70 for 4 gigs.

I def don't tether at a lot. Good to have for free though