Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Controls 42% U.S. Smartphone Share

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple Now Controls 42% U.S. Smartphone Share

Apple continues to claim a bigger piece of the smartphone pie here in the United States.

Notwithstanding Android's ongoing march to global dominance, Americans have never before had a greater appetite for iOS.

According to freshly published data from comScore, key trends in the U.S. smartphone industry during the three month average period ending January 2014 reveal a positive growth cycle for Apple.

159.8 million people in the U.S. owned smartphones (66.8 percent mobile market penetration) during the three months ending in January, up 7 percent since October. Apple ranked as the top OEM with 41.6 percent of U.S. smartphone subscribers (up 1 percentage point from October).

Although Android still ranked as the top smartphone platform in January with 51.7 percent market share, Google's little green robot gave up market share to Apple over the last three months.

In distant third and fourth places are Microsoft with a 3.2 percent market share and BlackBerry with 3.1 percent share, respectively.

To learn more about the latest data from comScore, click here.

Source: comScore

When I go out To malls/shopping I'll see about 3-4 iPhones to 1 android. I live out in the PA area. Anyway guess it's all about what works better for ya.

Depend on area some place iphone more than android and some android more than iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    When I go out To malls/shopping I'll see about 3-4 iPhones to 1 android. I live out in the PA area. Anyway guess it's all about what works better for ya.
    Agreed. I work in retail so when I'm working down one of the aisles and a text tone goes off there's atleast 5 people who take out their iPhones.

iPhones are overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    iPhones are overrated
    Androids are overclocked.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneProfile For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (2014-03-08)

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    Androids are overclocked.
    Lol.

Hmm don't know if I believe this, in my area Android is 2:1 iphone

May be skewed stats

androids are free and with new At&t plans you have to buy a phone retail