Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Now is the Time to Upgrade to iOS 7.0.6 if You Haven't Already

Default Now is the Time to Upgrade to iOS 7.0.6 if You Haven't Already

Apple is expected to release iOS 7.1 to the public "any day now," and if you want to make sure you're on the latest jailbreakable firmware, you should think seriously about upgrading to iOS 7.0.6 as soon as possible.

There are a number of reasons to upgrade to iOS 7.0.6 before iOS 7.1 drops:

• iOS 7.1 cannot be jailbroken with evasi0n7
    • When iOS 7.1 is released, Apple will no longer sign iOS 7.0.6
    • iOS 7.0.6 is the latest jailbreakable firmware with evasi0n7
    • iOS 7.0.6 is the most stable jailbreakable iOS 7 public release to date
    • iOS 7.0.6 natively includes a legitimate patch for the nasty SSL connection verification bug
    • Many jailbreak developers are developing on iOS 7.0.6 and not earlier firmwares
    • You can take advantage of this grace period to do a DFU restore and start fresh with a brand-new, clean jailbreak

If you're experiencing any bugginess on your jailbroken device, this is definitely a great time to take advantage of the situation and get yourself to a freshly-jailbroken iOS device with no problems at all. In addition, if you're not experiencing any bugs at all, but you just want to get to the latest jailbreakable version of iOS 7 with the least amount of bugs, then this is also a great time to get yourself to iOS 7.0.6 and re-jailbreak with evasi0n7.

You have the option after updating to iOS 7.0.6 to restore from a backup of your device, or to set up the device as a completely new, never-used device. Restoring from your backup will put all of your settings and application data back on your device, while setting the device up as new will make it feel like you just bought it again.

Since iOS 7.0.6 will no longer be signed by Apple once iOS 7.1 is released to the public, this means that once iOS 7.1 is released to the public, you will be forced to upgrade to iOS 7.1 and not iOS 7.0.6 if you ever need to restore. If you're jailbroken, this means you won't be able to jailbreak again until (and if) iOS 7.1 is publicly jailbroken.

Of course, we also can't stress enough the importance of iOS 7.0.6 being the most stable jailbreakable iOS public release to date. Since iOS 7.0, Apple has been releasing very tiny bug fixes with each release up to iOS 7.0.6, and with 7.0.6 being the latest, it's also the most secure and stable (especially after fixing that nasty SSL issue). So you'll get that peace of mind knowing that you have the most stable jailbreakable firmware to date jailbroken on your iOS device as well.

Upgrading is, of course, optional, but we certainly recommend it. If you do go through with the upgrade, we have guides on how to re-jailbreak once more at this link.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (2014-03-05)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks. I'll do that today. I've been having an error on mine that causes occasional resprings randomly on 7.0.4, I hope this fixed it.

Better do it before 1pm et. Apple usually pushes out updates at that time in the day. And they usually do big software releases on Wednesdays. Today is a good possibility at being the day.

Is there an app on Cydia that will warn/keep me from upgrading (to 7.1) ?

Quote Originally Posted by halexis View Post
    The jailbreak will keep the device from updating automatically. Just make sure that when you plug it into iTunes, it doesn't update.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    The jailbreak will keep the device from updating automatically. Just make sure that when you plug it into iTunes, it doesn't update.
    Never understood how people accidentally upgrade. Lol. Guess they want to see what has changed but don't want to admit it. Speaking of changes what are the changes for 7.1? Anyone have any info?

Thanks
    I've been away from the jailbreak scene for sometime, are there any tweaks that block Apple's ota updater that work with the 5S on 7.0.6?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Better do it before 1pm et. Apple usually pushes out updates at that time in the day. And they usually do big software releases on Wednesdays. Today is a good possibility at being the day.

If you are right then I just made it. I received a new ipad Air in the mail 30 min ago on 7.0.4. Updgraded and just finished jailbreaking it. Now I just have to make sure I don't screw anything up forcing a restore..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cir_osis View Post
    I've been away from the jailbreak scene for sometime, are there any tweaks that block Apple's ota updater that work with the 5S on 7.0.6?
    Disregard, the comments above did not load before I posted.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Did all my devices yesterday that was fun meh

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cir_osis View Post
    YES! I cleanerPro has the option to disable unnecessary LaunchDaemons. One option is the OTA update. Turn it off and it won't update to 7.1or give you that notification badge on Settings.app no matter how many times you press the 'software update' button!

happyslamdance
    Using iTunes & OpenBackup, this was a breeze for me to update my iPad/iPhone to 7.0.6.

You can not use iTunes and open backup to restore your apps. Not with any certainty of fixing all bugs.

Most reliable way to jailbreak is to do a full DFU restore to 7.0.6 with nothing else. Then jailbreak. Then individually install apps.
    Last edited by offroad1994; 2014-03-05 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Thanks Anthony .

Thanks

I thought they took the daemon function out of iCleaner...

Can't upgrade,I'm getting error code 2005 :-(

Thanks

Are u doing DFU mode restore to 7.0.6?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Done.

Ok I was just on the edge about updating to 7.1 but the new tweak vertex might just be the best tweak that's come out for iOS 7. Everyone should take a look at vertex. It's $1.50 but it totally worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by halexis View Post
    Install resetall killer and software update killer from cydia..It is a must have JB tweak..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast