Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Now is the Time to Upgrade to iOS 7.0.6 if You Haven't Already

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Just finished backing up, restoring and rejailbreaking my 2 5's, 5s and iPad mini as well as several for customers from my shop. That was horrible. Lol
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

how i can upgrade my 5S and recover all my tweacks ? and well another thing..im always jailbreak my iphones with a mac but is a lil bit old. andevasion dont support my OS .. theres a prob if i JB 7.0.6 with windows? ...im always a lil bit affraid of that,,,i just wish i have a new iMac lol

Thanks

Fun. Love having to back everything up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

7.0.4 and 7.0.6 Jailbreak work(ed) great on my 5s. 7.0.4 Jailbreak worked fine on my Cellular iPad air but now the cydia apps keep disappearing on 7.0.6. I have to install or reinstall a app or tweak to make them show back up. Anyone know what the deal is with this? Thnx in advance!

Thanks

Question for all who might know!
    How can I save all the stuff I have in var/documents of ifile? I have a ton of widgets, docks, icons, and iconomatic themes. I really don't want to lose them

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll stick with my Jailbroken iPhone; but I've upgraded my iPad. Works well.

Quote Originally Posted by rjr1124 View Post
    Question for all who might know!
    How can I save all the stuff I have in var/documents of ifile? I have a ton of widgets, docks, icons, and iconomatic themes. I really don't want to lose them
    SSH or Dropbox

oh well...it makes me think about upgrade my 5s to 7.0.4 i dont have issues on mine running 7.0.4 jb just the normal when i install a wrong tweak
    Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    7.0.4 and 7.0.6 Jailbreak work(ed) great on my 5s. 7.0.4 Jailbreak worked fine on my Cellular iPad air but now the cydia apps keep disappearing on 7.0.6. I have to install or reinstall a app or tweak to make them show back up. Anyone know what the deal is with this? Thnx in advance!
    just like that? im backin up my stuff with pkgbackup.. is that tweak good enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by menard_00 View Post
    SSH or Dropbox
    Last edited by ogkikz; 2014-03-05 at 10:41 PM.
    http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a623/SE_HoodGrapix/modmyicopy.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone rukavuda's Avatar
    Thanks

So correct me if I'm wrong
    All my devices are on 7.0.6 evasi0n, new updates 7.x will not auto download while I'm asleep and cause me to launch all my jail broken devices ?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9020/gagaxq.jpg

i have a question so i have a question im on 7.0.4 and im on a jailbreak so i wondering if there was a way to upgrade to 7.0.6 without restoring and losing all of my jailbreak stuff

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

mmh. iOS 7.0.5 was only because of issues with Chinese iPhones and 7.0.6 fixed the ssl problem. As there is Cydia fix available it makes no sense for me to update from 7.0.4

I decided to wait for a hopefully 7.1 jailbreak.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I recall reading about some kind of app that allows users to revert their 7.0.X devices to a "fresh" state some time ago. Was this vaporware, or something that actually exists?

I'm trying to figure out if I should spend the evening flattening my 5S and reloading since the window will likely close very soon.

People still have time. The GM hasn't been pushed to developers YET. So hopefully apple gives everybody a couple more days.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    mmh. iOS 7.0.5 was only because of issues with Chinese iPhones and 7.0.6 fixed the ssl problem. As there is Cydia fix available it makes no sense for me to update from 7.0.4

I decided to wait for a hopefully 7.1 jailbreak.
    so the ssl problem didnt affect US iphones?

Quote Originally Posted by IPhone-Tech-Guy View Post
    so the ssl problem didnt affect US iphones?
    It affected all users. If you don't connect to public (unsecure) wifi networks then don't worry. Either way there is a cydia patch available. If you don't want to update, it's not necessary.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneProfile For This Useful Post:

IPhone-Tech-Guy (2014-03-06)

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    It affected all users. If you don't connect to public (unsecure) wifi networks then don't worry. Either way there is a cydia patch available. If you don't want to update, it's not necessary.
    thx. do you know what the the tweak is called

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

^ "SSLPatch" in Cydia

Should we be jailbroken with the latest evasion jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

^If you move up to 7.1 the window to jailbreak will be gone. Jailbreak now. Yes, the latest evasi0n.

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    Just finished backing up, restoring and rejailbreaking my 2 5's, 5s and iPad mini as well as several for customers from my shop. That was horrible. Lol
    Did mine Monday & yes; it was a major pain in tha butt. Wasn't able to do a restore after backing up & re-jailbreaking my 5s. Kept getting some message about not enough memory (had 7.7Gb showing though ) to do it. I've been able to rember most of what I'd had done, though for some reason Eclipse is expecting a payment even though I'm pretty sure it's what I had on my phone. Whatever: I've found a bunch of other cool tweaks to replace it. I've since added OpenBackup so hopefully I won't have to go thru this again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast