Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Discreet' Lets You Tell From Your Pocket if You Have Pending Notifications or Not

Default 'Discreet' Lets You Tell From Your Pocket if You Have Pending Notifications or Not

When you're in the middle of class or out with friends or family and you don't want to be rude by pulling your iPhone out of your pocket to look at it and see if you have anything new going on, a new free jailbreak tweak called Discreet by iOS developer drewsdunne can come in handy.

This tweak is an add-on for Activator that lets you easily see if you have any pending notifications waiting for you or not. When you have an Activator action assigned to Discreet, you can invoke that Activator action, and if you do have any pending notifications, then your iOS device will vibrate, but if you don't have any pending notifications, then nothing will happen.

Since the tweak is designed with being discreet in mind, the tweak is best assigned a hardware button Activator action, such as long-holding on the lock button. You want an Activator action that is easy to perform in your pocket that people won't notice you doing. You will find Discreet in the Activator preferences pane, as shown below:

If you wish to give Discreet a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. If you don't already have Activator installed, it will be installed along with Discreet. Discreet is an open source package and the tweak's source code can be viewed on Github.

Name: Discreet
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.2-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6, Activator
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: drewsdunne
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Can't we just put our phones on vibrate instead?
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

I don't always realize my phone vibrates so I'll check it every once and a while

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Can't we just put our phones on vibrate instead?
    The whole point is to be able to check if you have any missed notifications while your phone is in your pocket.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wish you could activate it with the screen off (activator only lets you do actions when screen is on) and this should give you feedback that the action has been inputed whether or not there are new notifications. This would be something like: one vibration when the activator action is triggered, a pause, and then a second vibration for new notifications (maybe vibe-short pause-vibe for this second vibration)
    At least that's how I'd like it to work, since my lock/wake button is a lot less accesible than volume buttons when in my pocket
    Last edited by malevo; 2014-02-26 at 01:48 AM. Reason: brain fart, meant to write 'lock button' instead of 'home button'