Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here's Why You Should Update to iOS 7.0.6 if You Haven't Already

Quote Originally Posted by 2moon View Post
    Many apps/tweaks I had on 7.0.4 don't seem to work on 7.0.6 or I can't even find on my sources (MultiIconMover+).
    Now did I miss something here or developers have to release a compatible version of their apps to work with 7.0.6?
    Uninstalled/reinstalled BigBoss repo and apps work, I knew I had seen something about it before...

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    hackers can look at my iphone all they want. I never put personal or critical info in my phone anyway. I don't have the patience to do everything all over again specially with 7.1 looming.
    Uhh, you don't seem to know what Man in the Middle attacks are capable of without functional SSL. Launch your banking app? Account stolen. Check your email? Login details stolen along with the everything needed to reset and access every other account you have associated with it. Don't play around with this one!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-02-27)

Quote Originally Posted by 2moon View Post
    Many apps/tweaks I had on 7.0.4 don't seem to work on 7.0.6 or I can't even find on my sources (MultiIconMover+).
    Now did I miss something here or developers have to release a compatible version of their apps to work with 7.0.6?
    All tweaks/apps work with iOS 7.0.6

Quote Originally Posted by xWalmartCandyx View Post
    All tweaks/apps work with iOS 7.0.6
    Yeah, I corrected myself on previous page.
    After I deleted/reinstalled BigBoss repo all was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Went smoothly. Wonder what 7.1 is going to be like.....
    Wish I could say the same. Did my back-up, my restore & update and my re-jailbreak, but I just can't seem to get it to do a backup restore. Keep getting a message "iTunes could not restore iPhone XXXX because not enough free space is available on the iPhone.". What gives? According to iTunes, I have 7.75Gb free on the phone. What do I do to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    The only glitch I ran into was, iTunes wouldn't do the download+update in one step. I had to choose the Download-only option, then update. Of course I backed up first on iTunes. I also have the Cydia app PKGBackup installed, so I used that too to save all my Cydia apps and settings.

After that the evasi0n jailbreak was easy and I first restored PKGBackup, then recovered all previous Cydia apps. To my surprise I didn't even have to provide any passwords again and everything, including my prior jailbreak icon configuration, was restored. So it was as easy as could be but still took a couple of hours waiting for the iTunes download, synching, backup, restore, etc. but well worth it to patch this serious security hole. Damn good thing this was fixed now and not in 7.1.

aigth so pkgbackup workin good rigth? im using it for 1st time hope i dont have issues..wish me luck lol.
    http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a623/SE_HoodGrapix/modmyicopy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Uhh, you don't seem to know what Man in the Middle attacks are capable of without functional SSL. Launch your banking app? Account stolen. Check your email? Login details stolen along with the everything needed to reset and access every other account you have associated with it. Don't play around with this one!
    I decided to update to 7.0.6 after all. It seems like there won't be a jailbreak for 7.1 for some time if any until 8.0. Also it seems that this firmware version is the most stable as well. It took a while but I'm happy I did it.

Also I never submit credit card info or do banking with my iphone for this very reason.
    Last edited by swifty7; 2014-03-06 at 03:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12