Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'LockSafety' Prevents the Power Off Slider From Appearing on the Lock Screen

Default 'LockSafety' Prevents the Power Off Slider From Appearing on the Lock Screen

When your iOS device gets misplaced, the last thing you want to worry about is a thief turning your iPhone off so you can't track it through services such as Find My iPhone.

With a new free jailbreak tweak called LockSafety by iOS developer nin9tyfour, you can prevent the power down screen from appearing on your Lock Screen, which would work as a great theft-deterrent for you if you had a passcode enabled.

After installing the tweak, you can be on the Lock Screen and hold down on the power button for as long as you want to, but the power down slider, shown above, will never appear. If you were to remove the tweak, the power down slider would appear on the Lock Screen again as usual.

LockSafety doesn't have any options to configure. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: LockSafety
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 6.0-7.0.5
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: nin9tyfour
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Genius tweak. Billion dollar idea!

No for iPad Air ����

Thanks

What about holding down the home and power button and then as soon as the screen goes blank, releasing both of them? The phone still turns off.

Yeah this is kind of useless, if you know hoe to use safemode, and if you hold the home button and the power button it shuts off and restarts so that okay.

activator can already do this, set the long press of the lock button, on the lockscreen, to Do Nothing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magoo657 View Post
    Yeah this is kind of useless, if you know hoe to use safemode, and if you hold the home button and the power button it shuts off and restarts so that okay.
    If you release the two buttons as soon as the screen goes blank instead of holding them the phone just shuts down like it normally would. It does not restart. You have to continue holding them after the screen goes blank to make it restart.

Default Useless tweak!
    Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    If you release the two buttons as soon as the screen goes blank instead of holding them the phone just shuts down like it normally would. It does not restart. You have to continue holding them after the screen goes blank to make it restart.
    I know right! I bet any thief would know that trick by now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket101 View Post
    activator can already do this, set the long press of the lock button, on the lockscreen, to Do Nothing
    You mean suppress original action?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's a good idea, but I can still do a hard reset. Which means the phone can be into DFU mode from the lockscreen. Disable that and it's golden.

Thanks

I'm still going to use it just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    Genius tweak. Billion dollar idea!
    No. It would only be "genius" if it faked a shutdown and went into a stealth "RAPE!" mode by connecting to any and all unfamiliar WiFi hotspots automatically and phoning home while doing other tricks to preserve the remaining battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by N17REX View Post
    I know right! I bet any thief would know that trick by now!
    Which is why faking a shutdown is an even better idea.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2014-02-19 at 02:22 AM.

Is there an app that fakes a shutdown ? Or that bypasses the the HOME-POWER combination button press?

Seems this would be dangerous to develop and use. If you get locked out you have no button combination to press to get into the phone again.

All in theory if there was an app that did this

Also thinking that an app like INCARCERAPP can lock both the home and the sleep buttons out is that possible for a security app?

Add in ISCHEDULER and you might be able to automate the running of some kind of stealth app too.
    Last edited by offroad1994; 2014-02-19 at 06:21 PM.

I'm not saying that it would stop you from a hard shutdown/reset by holding Lock or Lock + Home. If it presented the slider without resisting, a thief would seemingly have no reason to force it off. You'd still be able to force it off the same as before.