Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Switcher Blur' Blurs Your Wallpaper Behind the App Preview Cards in the App Switcher

Default 'Switcher Blur' Blurs Your Wallpaper Behind the App Preview Cards in the App Switcher

Switcher Blur is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Brogan Miner that blurs the wallpaper behind the application preview cards in the iOS 7 App Switcher for a new aesthetically-pleasing effect, as shown above.

The blur can be configured to your liking from the new preferences pane, which is added to your Settings application:

You can enable or disable the blur effect on demand, choose a blur amount with a slider, choose a blur color, and even choose a color alpha level with another slider. The blur colors you have to choose from include:

• None
    • Black
    • Dark gray
    • Light gray
    • White
    • Gray
    • Red
    • Green
    • Blue
    • Cyan
    • Yellow
    • Magenta
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Brown

Changing settings is instantaneous and doesn't require a respring.

Switcher Blur's effect is 100% aesthetic, so this tweak is intended for customization purposes only. Notably, it's different from the SwitcherBlur tweak that we showed you last month. Although the names are similar, this tweak (Switcher Blur) applies a blur to the wallpaper behind your application preview cards, while SwitcherBlur (one word) blurs the application icon cards for security.

Switcher Blur is compatible with all iOS 7 devices, and if you want to give it a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for 99.

Name: Switcher Blur
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.1-6
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.5
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Brogan Miner
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

I'm really tempted to buy this one. It's such a good, simple tweak. It even comes with a lot of good options. It's just that, well, I'm only every going to use one of those options (Blur Color: None) - is it really worth a dollar just for that? It seems like that alone would be a free tweak along the lines of FolderBoard (another great tweak).

I don't blame the author for selling this - it's hard to tell what will sell until you go ahead and put it up for sale - but personally I think Mr. Miner should have made this free and used it as advertising for a larger, more complex mod that he's surely capable of.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

wardever (2014-02-16)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

As of the latest release, this was causing an instant safe mode crash on my phone. The developer was trying to fix it and upon looking at the crash log said the culprit for the crash was LockHTML3. The thing is, before I installed Switcher Blur, no crashes. Afterwards, instant crash. After uninstall, crashes stopped. Haven't heard back since.

Thanks

Blur this blur that lol

There's a free version called SwitcherBlur with some different settings and it also blurs the app cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    As of the latest release, this was causing an instant safe mode crash on my phone. The developer was trying to fix it and upon looking at the crash log said the culprit for the crash was LockHTML3. The thing is, before I installed Switcher Blur, no crashes. Afterwards, instant crash. After uninstall, crashes stopped. Haven't heard back since.
    As of 1.0.1-6 this has been fixed. Was released last night.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broganminer View Post
    As of 1.0.1-6 this has been fixed. Was released last night.
    You're right, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be compatible with the Forecast tweak.

As someone mentioned previously, the SwitcherBlur app does the same thing as this app plus it blurs the actual apps in the switcher and has a blacklist feature and is free.
    Last edited by Padgoi; 2014-02-17 at 05:25 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Is there anyway to un blur the effect while making a call so i can see the caller ID picture? I can't seem to find away to undo it.