Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NoLSAlbumArt' Removes Album Art From the Lock Screen and Re-positions Media Controls

Default 'NoLSAlbumArt' Removes Album Art From the Lock Screen and Re-positions Media Controls

By default in iOS 7, when you are listening to music, either by way of Apple's pre-installed Music application, or via a third-party App Store music application, the album art is displayed on the Lock Screen, and media controls are displayed above the album artwork.

If you want to configure how the lock screen will look and behave when listening to music on your iOS device, you'll want to check out a new free jailbreak tweak called NoLSAlbumArt by iOS developer Aaron Thomas.

NoLSAlbumArt does a few things for you. Not only can you enable or disable the album artwork on your Lock Screen on demand, and enable or disable the media controls on the Lock Screen on demand, but you can also adjust the height of the media controls on the Lock Screen so that they show up where you want them to. You can configure all of the tweak's options from the new preferences pane that you'll find in the Settings application, pictured below:

The height and span of the media controls are adjusted by sliders, while everything else is adjusted with simple toggle switches. You can expand the height of the media controls to take up the whole Lock Screen, or you can just move the mass around to different positions on the Lock Screen The H position changes the span of the media controls, while the Y position changes the Lock Screen position of the media controls.

If you want to try NoLSAlbumArt, this tweak is available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: NoLSAlbumArt
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Aaron Thomas
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

A problem I emailed the dev about is this tweak causes you not to be able to interact with BiteSMS alerts properly (all I'm sure, but that's all I had come in and most important). You can't slide them to respond to a text...when you try to slide the message to the right to activate QR, it simply slides the entire screen and unlocks the phone. If you get more than one message, the second message usually works, but never the first.

I also have Forecast installed and don't know if it's an incompatibility between those two tweaks or a bug in NLSAA itself as I'm not willing to uninstall Forecast to test. Def sucks as I want to run this tweak, but want Forecast more. I hate having album art when I'm locked.

How's everyone else's results that uses this tweak?

I haven't tried the tweak, but I just renamed my ls album art folder in iFile so it doesn't show up. you could do that until the bugs are worked out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    I haven't tried the tweak, but I just renamed my ls album art folder in iFile so it doesn't show up. you could do that until the bugs are worked out.
    You ROCK! I love this site!