Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hacker iH8sn0w Discovers iBoot Exploit, His A5(X) Devices Now Jailbreakable for Life

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

THIS is why there should never ever be an "Open Source" jail break release- there are things like this which apple should never get their hands on

Thanks

Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    However Apple does not update iBoot on devices already made and sold (too risky I believe).
    What do you mean by "too risky"?

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    It's not. He said "his" devices are untethered and jail broken for life."
    It's a bold statement probably designed to get this kind of attention. Isn't he the same guy that recently burned a valuable exploit to release a jailbreak for iOS6? Thanks for that buddy.
    This here is exactly what I was thinking. He's just trying to find something to get back on the good side of the real JailBreaking community.

Just bought an iPad Mini Retina Cellular 128GB on T-Mobile (ONLY because it was jail-breakable... and feel just happy and grateful :-)

Apple products will always be that much more awesome and desirable because of exploits and jailbreaks.

Ideally, Apple employed engineers & developers leak iOS kernel code and/or build in exploits which will allow jailbreak freedom and choice to live on.

For so many but too few, if it is not jail-breakable they won't use it or buy it, even if it is from Apple.
    Last edited by zeppy; 2014-02-03 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    It's not. He said "his" devices are untethered and jail broken for life."
    It's a bold statement probably designed to get this kind of attention. Isn't he the same guy that recently burned a valuable exploit to release a jailbreak for iOS6? Thanks for that buddy.
    Who cares? iOS 6 was worth it. iOS 7 sucks donkey balls anyway so who the [email protected] cares. I am happily using the p0sixspwn jailbreak so stfu with your nonsense, it wasn't for nothing. And also if u do your research, you'll learn that that claim of using an exploit like that, was a mistake, and is in the end, false.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iH85CH001 For This Useful Post:

LittleGod (2014-02-08)

That for life time because apple will never update that firmware anymore....

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cswee7311 View Post
    What do you mean by "too risky"?
    As in too many things can go wrong if they tried.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    Who cares? iOS 6 was worth it. iOS 7 sucks donkey balls anyway so who the [email protected] cares. I am happily using the p0sixspwn jailbreak so stfu with your nonsense, it wasn't for nothing. And also if u do your research, you'll learn that that claim of using an exploit like that, was a mistake, and is in the end, false.
    He's a attention seeking little *****. You don't think the Eva3rs haven't found this exploit? Why just because they don't put their exploits all over twitter like he does for attention? You think that those exploits in his unstable iOS 6 jailbreak were all his? Haha Think again. After using IOS 7 iOS 6 feels extremely outdated and burning exploits for a out dated OS is foolish. Evasion7 is way more stable. Even sn0ws jailbreak tool sucks.

Thanks

Well, I don't really know much about iBoot or anything, but what I can say is I don't like how they are being selfish with this one. I am one of the users who really, really, REALLY, needs to restore here, and I'm having more and more issues each and every day. So to be honest, I could care less about iOS 7 or the future of that sh*t, I just want to be able to restore when necessary here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    Who wants an a5 device for a lifetime anyways?
    ummm... Me? and also he also stated that it should work on newer devices also, but it can't be confirmed at this moment.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I don't really know much about iBoot or anything, but what I can say is I don't like how they are being selfish with this one. I am one of the users who really, really, REALLY, needs to restore here, and I'm having more and more issues each and every day. So to be honest, I could care less about iOS 7 or the future of that sh*t, I just want to be able to restore when necessary here.

ummm... Me? and also he also stated that it should work on newer devices also, but it can't be confirmed at this moment.
    If you are having issues you should probably update and re-jailbreak while you still have time. Once Apple releases 7.1 you will be stuck with a device with issues or no jailbreak. He should of never opened his mouth about this iboot exploit if he didn't plan on releasing it. I'm not saying he should release it, just that he should keep his mouth shut like the Evad3rs do when it comes to exploits that will help the future of jailbreaking that people want now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    If you are having issues you should probably update and re-jailbreak while you still have time. Once Apple releases 7.1 you will be stuck with a device with issues or no jailbreak. He should of never opened his mouth about this iboot exploit if he didn't plan on releasing it. I'm not saying he should release it, just that he should keep his mouth shut like the Evad3rs do when it comes to exploits that will help the future of jailbreaking that people want now.
    As I've said many times over this forum, I do not want iOS 7 because I do not like it at all, if I am forced to update or restore to iOS 7, then I will sell my iPhone and go get myself a blackberry or htc one. Not Samsung because I had a Samsung phone and when I needed help, Samsung wouldnt/couldn't help me because their customer support is total bull so I don't wanna deal with that again.
    Last edited by Simon; 2014-02-06 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks

As I've said many times over this forum, I do not want iOS 7 because I do not like it at all, if I am forced to update or restore to iOS 7, then I will sell my iPhone and go get myself a blackberry or htc one. Not Samsung because I had a Samsung phone and when I needed help, Samsung wouldnt/couldn't help me because their customer support is total bull so I don't wanna deal with that again.
    Ummm, blackberry is dead
    Last edited by Simon; 2014-02-06 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Ummm, blackberry is dead
    Totally. Except in the government. Only platform they support in Secret Service and CIA.

Thanks

Ummm, blackberry is dead
    Maybe to you, however I find the Z10 to be a very good device... I would probably look into that first, if I can't do that then I would go to the htc one.

Thanks

Maybe to you, however I find the Z10 to be a very good device... I would probably look into that first, if I can't do that then I would go to the htc one.
    While that is a decent device most developers aren't developing for BB10 anymore because there just isn't the market share to recoup the development cost. It would be like buying a Power PC based Mac. While it might be a good machine, it is essentially dead.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-02-08)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

While that is a decent device most developers aren't developing for BB10 anymore because there just isn't the market share to recoup the development cost. It would be like buying a Power PC based Mac. While it might be a good machine, it is essentially dead.
    Agreed. No major OR minor development happening for Blackberry anymore.

Thanks

Yes, I would agree with that, however some applications still support it, for example, Kik. And also that is one of the applications I use a lot and so basically I wouldn't have many games or anything but really though, I think I would be ok with it because I do in fact like it, and I have an iPod 2, 3, 5, an iPad mini, a 2012 mac, dell inspiron 5100, and iphone 4 left to do other stuff with. So really I would be ok with adding a blackberry z10 to that family, even if I sell my iPhone 5. Because truly, If i have to restore to ios 7 because of these issues, then I would rather live with the blackberry, if that makes sense...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12