Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beats Music Acknowledges Service Issues, Extends Trial Subscriptions as a Result

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Beats Music Acknowledges Service Issues, Extends Trial Subscriptions as a Result

Beats Music launched yesterday as an alternative to competitors such as Apple’s iTunes Radio, Pandora, Rdio and Spotify but the new music service is already having scaling issues. Due to an “extremely high volume of interest,” Beats Music has stopped adding new users until it can support the unexpected demand. The app is currently sitting in the number one position in the free chart of the App Store’s music category.

In a recent letter, Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers said that users who haven’t received confirmation emails upon registering will still have their names reserved. Until the confirmation email is in your inbox, the app won’t let you log in. The following was mentioned:

Due to the extremely high volume of interest in our service some users are experiencing issues. Most people are unaffected but our priority is to give everyone a great experience. We prepared for issues like these, have a plan, and are going to hold off on letting more people in while we put this plan in action.
    In an effort to help compensate for the inconvenience, everyone who signs up this week gets their free trial doubled from 7 to 14 days. For those of you who didn’t already know, Beats Music costs $9.99 per month and is available on the iPhone and the web with an iPad app rumored to be coming in the near future. It should be noted that AT&T customers get a special deal with a $14.99 per month plan that can be shared between up to 5 people.

Source: Beats Music (blog)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

$10 a month? What does this do that Pandora and iTunes don't do?

Unlimited skip tweak for iTunes Radio and Pandora downloader for Pandora are all I need. iTunes Radio is all I need actually.

a radio service as bad as the headphones

I know, I get Spotify through Sprint, iTunes Radio skip, then Pandora...Only thing I like about this are the Playlists

Hopefully there will b a jb tweak to get it free

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nyyankees View Post
    a radio service as bad as the headphones
    The headphones are bad? In what way?
    Both of my pairs have killer sound. Is it the best? No but they are far from being bad as described by you.
    But to each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    The headphones are bad? In what way?
    Both of my pairs have killer sound. Is it the best? No but they are far from being bad as described by you.
    But to each their own I guess.
    For what you paid for them theres plenty other options that are far better then these headsets

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried Beats Music because one of my friends said he loved it. So far with my experience, it's a mess and doesn't work for hours on end. I'm going to just stick with Pandora and Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Nyyankees View Post
    For what you paid for them theres plenty other options that are far better then these headsets
    I have beats studios and the sound quality is just incredible. Just my opinion though.