Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Confirms it is Working on a Fix for the Random iOS 7 Crashing Issue

Thanks

I haven't had any of these issues since 7.0.4 it seems like. I thought they already fixed it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    It did this before I jailbroke my iphone 5s. But now I can't even tell if it's a jailbroken app or just the firmware.
    Yeah, same thought here but on my iphone 5.

No Apple doesn't have to do anything.

He's saying if a major bug like this black/white screen of death or another lock screen bypass type bug is discovered around the time a new jailbreak is released that Apple will patch the JB exploits first and push an incremental update, e.g. iOS 7.0.5, befor a minor revision, e.g. iOS 7.1 so that the JB is patched before a major bug is patched.

So now the ~5% of iPhone owners who JB have more incentive to update to iOS 7.1 to patch the major bug and to skip iOS 7.0.5 since that would fix the JB exploits and not the Bl/WSOD bug.

All apple has to do is stall on the Bl/WSOD patch and not include it in the same Firmware Update as the JB Exploit Patches. Nothing devious about Apple needing more time to investigate the Bl/WSOD bug; or did everyone forget how long it took Apple to comment on the iPhone 4 Antenna Gate BS???

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    What purpose would this serve?

So Apple would purposely release faulty firmware so that 2-3% of its users/customers will be stuck with it in the event that after the exploits are patched, a new JB won't be released?

Now that's reaching a little far for such a small payoff.

This has happened to my iPod (iOS 5) and my Android sometimes. I don't see what a big deal this is unless it's more frequent.

This iOS 7 messed my Siri up bad won't work at all
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirbebe View Post
    This iOS 7 messed my Siri up bad won't work at all
    Turn it off then back on. And reboot. That did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Something is VERY wrong with your phone then if it's a 5S. Stock unjailbroken 5S on 7.0.4 is the best battery life since iPhone 4. I sometimes get 18 hours into the next day before I have to recharge. Jail breaking makes it more like 12 hours.. Not sure why I lose that much battery with just a jail break - but I've tested quite thoroughly.

Always practice sensible battery conservation.
    1)Turn off Bluetooth if you don't use it - HUGE battery hog
    2) Brightness 60%
    3) In Privacy/Location Services/System - turn of every switch in there except Traffic. You don't need ANY of the others. And they're battery hogs
    4) Turn Push Mail off except for work email if you must have it. Remember all mail updates immediately the moment you open the mail app. Push Mail is mostly a gimmick. And a huge battery hog.

I get all the way thru my day - 12 hours - with no charge necessary - doing moderate to heavy use: text, email, forums, calls.
    I have a regular iPhone 5. When i had iOS 6 my battery was great, would last me all day. I love iOS 7 but battery life is horrible!! I know ive seen many many people complain about it too because its so bad. I hope that Apple addresses battery in 7.1 because they know about it and im surprised it hasnt been fixed already.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    I have a regular iPhone 5. When i had iOS 6 my battery was great, would last me all day. I love iOS 7 but battery life is horrible!! I know ive seen many many people complain about it too because its so bad. I hope that Apple addresses battery in 7.1 because they know about it and im surprised it hasnt been fixed already.
    It's most likely your usage, or if you restored from a back up it could be a corrupted back up. Only known issue was already addressed. If you didn't get an email then you were not affected by it. You can also go into an apple store and have them run a diagnostic on your battery to see if it is hardware.

My iPhone 5 32GB has been shutting off such that I have to plug it in and charge it, even with 30% and even 40% battery remaining. I was on either 7.0 or 7.0.1 before and it never happened, but since putting 7.0.4 on it's been doing it at least once or twice a week. Seems to happen when I'm out and and about, not on wi-fi. If I'm at home on wi-fi I can run the battery all the way down to dead 0%.

I sure hope 7.1 fixes it. I haven't done the JB thing since 3.1.x so I don't care about that.

And yes usually my phone lasts me all day with anywhere from 20% to 50% to spare, even with location services and push email turned on.

[QUOTE=mmaboi21;6992782]It's most likely your usage, or if you restored from a back up it could be a corrupted back up. Only known issue was already addressed. If you didn't get an email then you were not affected by it. You can also go into an apple store and have them run a diagnostic on your battery to see if it is hardware.[/QUOTE

I wish I could boot you off ModMyi....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to magoo657 For This Useful Post:

xWalmartCandyx (2014-01-25)

Thanks

[QUOTE=magoo657;6994123]
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    It's most likely your usage, or if you restored from a back up it could be a corrupted back up. Only known issue was already addressed. If you didn't get an email then you were not affected by it. You can also go into an apple store and have them run a diagnostic on your battery to see if it is hardware.[/QUOTE

I wish I could boot you off ModMyi....
    Well you can't, anything else I can help you with?

iPhones that are going to a black screen (turning off without rebooting) when the battery percentage is in the range of 37% or less will do this power off under high processor usage especially when accessing cellular data.

The culprit is the battery nearing the end of it's useful life. ie, the battery no longer has the ability to deliver proper voltages even though the "charge state of the battery ... 5% to 36% ..." would make you think the battery has enough of a charge to deliver required voltages to the main logic board.

In every case a new quality replacement battery being installed solved these types of shutdowns whether it was on an older 3Gs or a newer 5.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zeppy For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (2014-01-28)

Quote Originally Posted by xWalmartCandyx View Post
    My iPhone is already jailbroken, and i have experienced this problem twice. Is it possible to create a tweak to fix this once the software update is out so i dont have to rejailbreak?
    Don't update, you will not be able to JB

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Something is VERY wrong with your phone then if it's a 5S. Stock unjailbroken 5S on 7.0.4 is the best battery life since iPhone 4. I sometimes get 18 hours into the next day before I have to recharge. Jail breaking makes it more like 12 hours.. Not sure why I lose that much battery with just a jail break - but I've tested quite thoroughly.

Always practice sensible battery conservation.
    1)Turn off Bluetooth if you don't use it - HUGE battery hog
    2) Brightness 60%
    3) In Privacy/Location Services/System - turn of every switch in there except Traffic. You don't need ANY of the others. And they're battery hogs
    4) Turn Push Mail off except for work email if you must have it. Remember all mail updates immediately the moment you open the mail app. Push Mail is mostly a gimmick. And a huge battery hog.

I get all the way thru my day - 12 hours - with no charge necessary - doing moderate to heavy use: text, email, forums, calls.
    my 3gs with bluetooth on still has 70% battery end of day when I used 4 hours listening to bluetooth
    Last edited by WHUDS; 2014-01-28 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Don't update, you will not be able to JB

my 3gs with bluetooth on still has 70% battery end of day when I used 4 hours listening to bluetooth
    I find this really hard to believe.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Irrelevant. Wasn't what we were talking about. My iPhone 4 I could leave on for 3 DAYS of use before I'd need a recharge. 3, 3GS and 4 were amazing phones. My list was for people 4S and beyond - in response to a person who had a newer phone, WHUDS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12