Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 7.1 Beta 4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can anyone tell if this release patches the evasi0n iOS 7 exploit?

It does. Check @ih8sn0w on twitter

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Theoretically, you should be able to downgrade back to 7.0.4 as Apple is still signing and allowing 7.0.4 baseband. Try putting in dfu mode .

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Theoretically, you should be able to downgrade back to 7.0.4 as Apple is still signing and allowing 7.0.4 baseband. Try putting in dfu mode .
    You can from dfu or just by hitting restore in iTunes. I did it both ways (plus the "black screen" dfu mode) several times trying to get beta 3 to reboot while jailbroken without a boot loop. I'm now back on 7.0.4 though. Boot loop aside, some tweaks wouldn't install because they didn't recognize the 7.1 OS version, so it wasn't worth it.

Anyone tried any of the 7.1 beta versions on a 4S device? Is the wifi working or greyed out?

Quote Originally Posted by John_723 View Post
    Can anyone tell if this release patches the evasi0n iOS 7 exploit?
    seriously? that was answered three times before you asked. yes, it kills evasi0n.

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Sure...as long as Apple is still signing it..which they will until public 7.1 comes out..

But!!! I don't believe you can restore a backup from beta in 7.0.4...

I never restore from backup so someone else needs to validate that, that has...

I've got confirmation from 1 person that can't restore a 7.1 beta backup to 7.0.4...
    You actually can your backup has to be on your Computer not icloud. Just make sure you have a 7.0.4 backup on your computer then go ahead and update to beta firmware if you wish. If you make a new backup of the beta firmware over the 7.0.4 all you need to do is:

This thread is for all the people that updated to ios 7.1 beta 2 and aren't devs and can't get iTunes to restore their backup onto ios 7.0.4. (This includes me )

1. Find the iTunes backup on your computer. ( on windows its located in CUsers\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup )

2. Find the backup you want to restore. (It should be the one that has the latest modified)

3. Download a free plist editor and go into the backup folder of the backup you wish to restore.

4. Find the info.plist and open it with plist editor.

5. Change the line "<key>Product Version</key>
    <string>7.1</string>"
    to
    <key>Product Version</key>
    <string>7.0.4</string>

6. Save the plist file and do the same with the status.plist file

7. successfully restore the ios 7.1 backup to a device running ios 7.0.4

Question Will this method work AFTER Apple STOPS signing 7.0.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by p1mpdog1 View Post
    You actually can your backup has to be on your Computer not icloud. Just make sure you have a 7.0.4 backup on your computer then go ahead and update to beta firmware if you wish. If you make a new backup of the beta firmware over the 7.0.4 all you need to do is:

This thread is for all the people that updated to ios 7.1 beta 2 and aren't devs and can't get iTunes to restore their backup onto ios 7.0.4. (This includes me )

1. Find the iTunes backup on your computer. ( on windows its located in CUsers\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup )

2. Find the backup you want to restore. (It should be the one that has the latest modified)

3. Download a free plist editor and go into the backup folder of the backup you wish to restore.

4. Find the info.plist and open it with plist editor.

5. Change the line "<key>Product Version</key>
    <string>7.1</string>"
    to
    <key>Product Version</key>
    <string>7.0.4</string>

6. Save the plist file and do the same with the status.plist file

7. successfully restore the ios 7.1 backup to a device running ios 7.0.4

Will the above method work AFTER Apple STOPS signing 7.0.4?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

That would be no...

Unless someone figures out a way to fake it out like back in the good old days with custom ipsw...
    Last edited by xboxbml; 2014-01-22 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks xboxbml

That is a nice ride you have in your avatar picture. Fixing to install an iPad Mini dashboard dock to be able to use my new iPad Mini for navigation and more in a similar vehicle to yours.

That would be no...

Unless someone figures out a way to fake it out like back in the good old days with custom ipsw...
    Why can't this be done? I know I don't have the skills to do so but if it was possible on previous models....

Thanks

All has to do with the way apple handles allowing restores...with newer hardware and software updates, it gets more difficult every time... I haven't seen a "re-restore" to lower firmware since around 5 something I think...on ip4 or 4s or lower...I don't remember exact details...a bit toasty right now... But it would take a lot of time, effort, and know how to do something like that, and I don't know if anyone has the time or resources to do it anymore...

All has to do with the way apple handles allowing restores...with newer hardware and software updates, it gets more difficult every time... I haven't seen a "re-restore" to lower firmware since around 5 something I think...on ip4 or 4s or lower...I don't remember exact details...a bit toasty right now... But it would take a lot of time, effort, and know how to do something like that, and I don't know if anyone has the time or resources to do it anymore...
    Any device above the 4 cannot be downgraded. I have 5.1 shsh's for my iPad 3 and it can't be downgraded. The iPad 2 is an exception and can be downgraded to 4.xx only with the appropriate shsh's.

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    You can from dfu or just by hitting restore in iTunes. I did it both ways (plus the "black screen" dfu mode) several times trying to get beta 3 to reboot while jailbroken without a boot loop. I'm now back on 7.0.4 though. Boot loop aside, some tweaks wouldn't install because they didn't recognize the 7.1 OS version, so it wasn't worth it.
    Since long ago I stopped fooling with development I never put Beta's on my phone anymore

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    Any device above the 4 cannot be downgraded. I have 5.1 shsh's for my iPad 3 and it can't be downgraded. The iPad 2 is an exception and can be downgraded to 4.xx only with the appropriate shsh's.
    Right...but I thought someone had a re-restore option that would work in a 4s at some point..as long as u had blobs...I thought it was redsn0w...anyway...I think those days r long gone...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12