Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'CyDelete7' Lets iOS 7 Users Delete Jailbreak Apps With App Store-style Jiggle Mode

Default 'CyDelete7' Lets iOS 7 Users Delete Jailbreak Apps With App Store-style Jiggle Mode

Many of you are probably familiar with CyDelete by iOS developer Dustin Howett, a popular jailbreak tweak that lets jailbroken iOS device users delete jailbreak applications in an App Store-style jiggle mode-like manner. With it, when you put your device in jiggle mode, jailbreak applications that appear on your home screen can be deleted from the home screen with the 'X' button without needing to open Cydia and uninstall the application through Cydia.

CyDelete7 has been released in Cydia by iOS developer Ryan Burke, and as you can probably gather from the tweak's name, CyDelete7 supports iOS 7.

Just like the older version of the tweak, you can put your device into jiggle mode and all the jailbreak applications on your home screen will display an 'X' on them, allowing you to delete those applications in this way.

CyDelete7 adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can choose to protect Cydia or not. It is recommended that you leave Cydia protected so that you don't accidentally delete it from your home screen:

CyDelete7 fully supports 64-bit devices, as well as 32-bit devices. If you want to grab it, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for free.

Name: CyDelete7
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.7-13
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ryan Burke
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Just installed it

Does this fully delete he tweak? Or just delete the app icon? Does it require a respring to finish the delete? It seems to good to be true just by watching the uninstaller in cydia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

how come i dont have that cydia icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Does this fully delete he tweak? Or just delete the app icon? Does it require a respring to finish the delete? It seems to good to be true just by watching the uninstaller in cydia.
    I had CyDelete back on iOS 5. It fully uninstalls the homebrew, but depending on what you uninstall, you may have to respring. Considering this is a free tweak, I don't see why you wouldn't get it, as it makes uninstalling apps from Cydia much easier. I wish they would make it for iOS 6, but apparently it's hazardous to install on 6.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    how come i dont have that cydia icon?
    Because I added that to my devices manually

Quote Originally Posted by fowlerd11 View Post
    I had CyDelete back on iOS 5. It fully uninstalls the homebrew, but depending on what you uninstall, you may have to respring.

I wonder if it would not be possible to update the tweak in a way it can detect the need of a respring and ask the user consequently...

Quote Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
    I wonder if it would not be possible to update the tweak in a way it can detect the need of a respring and ask the user consequently...
    That's funny. I was just wondering if it WOULD be possible to create such an update to the tweak. Oh well, to each their own.

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

I like this App, because the ONLY Way to remove these Apps was to Go into Cydia and then Go into The Manage Settings & Then Packages to Remove the Tweak.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872