Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Metal Version of the Pebble Smartwatch Leaked, Dubbed Pebble Steel

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Metal Version of the Pebble Smartwatch Leaked, Dubbed Pebble Steel

Those of you who like the functionality of the Pebble smart watch but are less keen on the plastic finish won’t have to wait much longer. It appears that Pebble’s next big announcement was a metal version of their increasingly popular smart watch. A few leaks of the “Pebble Steel,” were released and contain seemingly the same exact specs as the existing Pebble watch but with a stainless steel casing and Gorilla Glass.

Currently there are said to be two versions of the watch, one in brushed stainless steel and another in a matte black finish. The Pebble Steel is expected to come with a choice of metal and leather straps along with the waterproofing found in the original plastic model. It’s likely that the company will unveil the watch officially sometime this week at CES 2014.

The last thing to note is that the Pebble Steel is said to be priced at $240, which is $100 more expensive than the original, with availability beginning at the end of the month.

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Nasty looking.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kosher1 For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (2014-01-06)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kosher1 View Post
    Nasty looking.
    Agreed, those designs look really dated. The one on the left looks like an old Casio calculator watch with a new face.

Nasty looking.
    It looks a heck of a lot better than the plastic one. The main problem with the plastic one is that the Watch face does not nearly fill the device's face, which this new design hides well.

It is overpriced though. I'd consider a Martian Smart Watch at that price, though I think those are ugly too.

I love using my pebble watch over my galaxy gear for a daily driver, but i sure was expecting a bigger announcement than this. At least up the specs to help justify the $100 increase.

Nasty looking.
    Agreed

I would like to get a Pebble but I think I'll wait to see if Fapple actually makes an iWatch this year. If they do, I may buy one. Or if Pebble steps up their game and makes a new Pebble that'd be able to win me much faster.

The whole smart watch idea to me is lame but thats just me

Does it have binary time?