Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Working on iPhones with 4.7- and 5.7-inch Displays

Quote Originally Posted by sladyrko View Post
    Can't wait! I have Note 3 now.. iPhone is too small for my hands and it was hard to do my work.. So I switched.. I don't understand people who like android.. I really don't.. I don't like it.. And about the size.. After 1 week using it you will stop noticing the size.. So 5.7 for me is GREAT, but even with 4.7 I will go back to Apple.. One advice from me.. DON'T make mistake to switch to android.. Phones are garbage (Samsung, Htc).. Nothing can beat Apple's quality... Updates are disgusting.. Apple releases them in the same day.. With android you will wait 3-8 months for update.. My Note 3 is the best Android phone right now.. Still on 4.3.. Maybe will have 4.4 after 2 3 months.. Nexus will be with Android 5.. Whole android thing is just one big JOKE for me.. And people who keep saying "ooo it's so big.. I will quit from Apple".. Stop talking BS.. Try to use it for a day and you will be in love.. 4'7 is not big at all :-)
    The wait for updates isn't a fault with "Android". Its the carriers.

Thanks

Apple has realized that choices are the spice of life. They did it first with the two iPad options. Then with the two iPhone options. If they come with two larger sized phones, there will be three choices for the consumer. Its called trying to please everyone. Other companies have done it with much success. In some cases its the only way the other companies are competing with Apple. Its been a long running rumor that is gaining ground..we shall see.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I'm not purchasing another iPhone if they go that big.
    That's fine. For the one you don't purchase I'll be buying 3.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

4,7 - 5 inches is a great size. 5,7 is TOO much!!

my phone is 4,97" with the navbar on the screen. sometimes i use my ex i5 and it's uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by ecofrankenstein View Post
    One of the many reasons that I continue to purchase Apple instead of Samsung is because of the phone's screen size. I want a phone, not a tablet. A 4-inch display is as far as it should go, without it looking completely tacky. If you want something larger, try the iPad or iPad Mini.
    I really hate this argument. I don't want a god damn iPad. I want a phone that doesn't have a little baby display. The 5 and 5S have the most retarded screen size ever. 5 inches is perfect so the 4.7 would be a nice touch and Apple needs to offer a bigger screen if they want to keep up with the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So is the understanding that as they go wider - they'll also go 'taller' and keep the aspect ration the same? Or would a move to 4.7 screw up our aspect ratio back to 4:3 if they leave the current height?
    Rumors are that it'll have a warped aspect as some of the extra size will wrap around the side (curved display). I think it will stay 16:9 since most software is easy to tolerate warped edges (ads and sidebars on browsers, navigation controls in most apps) and movies are usually wider (won't be distorted). If it does change the logical aspect to be less wide the extra real estate will probably be used by a persistent UI element that remains visible in most/all apps (software Volume/rotation keys on one side, a scroll bar or status notification on the other). A scroll bar that doesn't risk registering an accidental tap on a UI element could be really handy, like a touch sensitive bezel they patented long ago but never used.

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Or you can buy the Google Play Edition of some of the phones and get the updates almost immediately... The Nexus 5 is a solid phone as well... But frankly, if you aren't rooting an android device then you're definitely selling yourself short. The variety of custom ROMs to choose from completely makes up for the lack of updates provided by Samsung. There certainly are qualities of the iPhone that I miss, but after having the larger screen I won't even consider going back to an iPhone until they release a larger model.

I'm still sticking with the iPads for the foreseeable future though as I haven't been able to find an android tablet that even compares.
    Though they often go together, rooting and custom ROMS are not really related. On most phones a locked bootloader prevents custom ROMs regardless of your root status. If I so much as use my root status to install a custom recovery my Note 3 will show Knox Warranty Status 0x1 (void; 0x0 is default). Before the Note 3 I went two years with Gingerbread and no updates for my Xperia PLAY 4G thanks to a locked bootloader and a broken promise from Sony Ericsson (promised all 2011 Xperia phones would get Ice Cream Sandwich).
    Last edited by CZroe; 2014-01-06 at 05:04 PM.

A 4.7 inch phone is not a big phone. I own a Nexus 4 and it actually is a good fit. I do a lot of web browsing on my phone and I really enjoy the increase in screen real estate.

Plus it would be nice for Apple to copy samsung's innovations for once...

Add me to the list of those completely satisfied w/ the current screen size. Won't be interested in a mega-phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

I love how people try to guess the design of the iPhone right away. Kind of like the design of iPhone 4. We knew everything right away before it even came out it wasnt even exciting to get the hands on iPhone 4 and explore it. You cant be happy and look froward to any excitement these days due to noisiness and stupid recreation of what the next iDevice might look like. Let us envision ourselves what it may looks like. They dont have to ruin every single excitement of the upcoming model. It is so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by sladyrko View Post
    Can't wait! I have Note 3 now.. iPhone is too small for my hands and it was hard to do my work.. So I switched.. I don't understand people who like android.. I really don't.. I don't like it.. And about the size.. After 1 week using it you will stop noticing the size.. So 5.7 for me is GREAT, but even with 4.7 I will go back to Apple.. One advice from me.. DON'T make mistake to switch to android.. Phones are garbage (Samsung, Htc).. Nothing can beat Apple's quality... Updates are disgusting.. Apple releases them in the same day.. With android you will wait 3-8 months for update.. My Note 3 is the best Android phone right now.. Still on 4.3.. Maybe will have 4.4 after 2 3 months.. Nexus will be with Android 5.. Whole android thing is just one big JOKE for me.. And people who keep saying "ooo it's so big.. I will quit from Apple".. Stop talking BS.. Try to use it for a day and you will be in love.. 4'7 is not big at all :-)

what an useless post... smh

Your Note 3 and all Samsung devices and software are the biggest S**t on Android. when you try the REAL android experience (Nexus) you'll understand why people like it.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
    what an useless post... smh

Your Note 3 and all Samsung devices and software are the biggest S**t on Android. when you try the REAL android experience (Nexus) you'll understand why people like it.
    But the 'software' whether running on Nexus or the other two - is the same, Schnedi. Android is Android. Right? There is no special version of Android for Nexus.

And GREAT TO SEE YOU, BRO!!!!!

Android on the Nexus is pure android no skin etc google it

Also to the guy above with the Note3.

Htc one is a gorgeous phone. Shame about os and size imo
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks

I tried the Google skin and Touchwiz on Android 4.2 and I hardly saw a difference. Maybe there's differences beyond the launcher because that was pretty similar.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 2014-01-06 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    But the 'software' whether running on Nexus or the other two - is the same, Schnedi. Android is Android. Right? There is no special version of Android for Nexus.

And GREAT TO SEE YOU, BRO!!!!!

it's called Android but touchwiz (samsung's personalization) is more like a beta version, very slow and laggy.

i have a Nexus5 (pure android) and it's faster than my iPhone5.

nice to read you too

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I love all these rumors... They've been saying this for years.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234