Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Working on iPhones with 4.7- and 5.7-inch Displays

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I'm not purchasing another iPhone if they go that big.
    I buy every 2 years anyway, instead of this I want flexible display, what if you could have a 6 inch phone display that rolled up? Wow that would be small and cool. The tech has been developed time to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I'm not purchasing another iPhone if they go that big.
    So what flagship android are you planning to get? Android phones of today are now 5 inches and bigger lol

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    So what flagship android are you planning to get? Android phones of today are now 5 inches and bigger lol
    I was just gonna ask them the same question. If Apple goes that big - it's not like there's any other phone company that will provide a 4" phone. Though i thought the rumor was that Apple would ADD this to their line and not REPLACE the 4".

My wife tells me I don't look good wide, yet most of you like wide !!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecofrankenstein View Post
    One of the many reasons that I continue to purchase Apple instead of Samsung is because of the phone's screen size. I want a phone, not a tablet. A 4-inch display is as far as it should go, without it looking completely tacky. If you want something larger, try the iPad or iPad Mini.
    Try the ipad or ipad mini? Neither of those devices are capable of placing or receiving calls. Some people want a bigger "phone" not a bigger screen to surf the web. Basically you want me to walk around with my iPhone in my pocket and when I want to use a bigger screen (for whatever reason) I'm suppose to whip out an ipad? Ipad mini is 7.9 inches. This purported new iPhone will be anywhere from 4.7-5.7. Just in between phone and tablet size. A bit exaggerative much?

If This happens I'll go back to a iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sladyrko View Post
    Can't wait! I have Note 3 now.. iPhone is too small for my hands and it was hard to do my work.. So I switched.. I don't understand people who like android.. I really don't.. I don't like it.. And about the size.. After 1 week using it you will stop noticing the size.. So 5.7 for me is GREAT, but even with 4.7 I will go back to Apple.. One advice from me.. DON'T make mistake to switch to android.. Phones are garbage (Samsung, Htc).. Nothing can beat Apple's quality... Updates are disgusting.. Apple releases them in the same day.. With android you will wait 3-8 months for update.. My Note 3 is the best Android phone right now.. Still on 4.3.. Maybe will have 4.4 after 2 3 months.. Nexus will be with Android 5.. Whole android thing is just one big JOKE for me.. And people who keep saying "ooo it's so big.. I will quit from Apple".. Stop talking BS.. Try to use it for a day and you will be in love.. 4'7 is not big at all :-)
    Or you can buy the Google Play Edition of some of the phones and get the updates almost immediately... The Nexus 5 is a solid phone as well... But frankly, if you aren't rooting an android device then you're definitely selling yourself short. The variety of custom ROMs to choose from completely makes up for the lack of updates provided by Samsung. There certainly are qualities of the iPhone that I miss, but after having the larger screen I won't even consider going back to an iPhone until they release a larger model.

I'm still sticking with the iPads for the foreseeable future though as I haven't been able to find an android tablet that even compares.

I'll stick with the 5S.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That really is pointless for iPhones. The fact that they'll never have widgets and such things means anything bigger than the current 4" is not needed. 5" iPhone with a chit load of icons...just as boring and bland as an iPad. Apple needs to implement widgets on the springboard to use up the empty space. We are bored of rows and rows of icons. I currently have an 5S JB and am really considering switching over to a Nexus 5. Bored of these icons. More importantly I'm sick of being handicapped by iTunes. Can't drag and drop. It would be nice if there was a way to DL a song on the go and use it in iMovie. I'm out and record something. I have a song in mind. I can't put them together right then and there? No I don't want to purchase it off of iTunes. Hence why I jail broke.

Agreed, I hope Apple does both

4" display
    4.7" display

Quote Originally Posted by big poops View Post
    Try the ipad or ipad mini? Neither of those devices are capable of placing or receiving calls. Some people want a bigger "phone" not a bigger screen to surf the web. Basically you want me to walk around with my iPhone in my pocket and when I want to use a bigger screen (for whatever reason) I'm suppose to whip out an ipad? Ipad mini is 7.9 inches. This purported new iPhone will be anywhere from 4.7-5.7. Just in between phone and tablet size. A bit exaggerative much?
    What??
    Can I just ask you, what benefit would there be of just having a bigger phone then, (with the same sized screen)? I would suggest none.

A bigger screen, now that has a benefit.

Bigger is better... In the beginning we all wanted smaller phones. But as time evolved and phones could do a lot more bigger is the way. And we don't need no curvy designs. Just bigger and better. Better speakers. Just better. Samsung has pulled ahead a bit. Time to get apple back.

We'll bigger only if screen is bigger. We need a bigger screen.

As I keep reading I see more. Widgets definitely. It is getting boring to just see rows of apps. That's why I jailbreak and use themes.

Sorry. I want bigger. I'll do the 5'7. The note is selling great. Why not. And better speakers. Maybe a micro ad slot. But if you want fun screen. Jailbreak it. I never got that crappy iphone 5. Who's stupid idea was to just make a longer phone.
    Last edited by rayrod354; 2014-01-06 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    In other news....I am reportedly going to win the lottery on Tuesday.

I'll believe this when I see more concrete evidence of it.
    I so agree with you. We all know apple will do what it pleases.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

oh Apple, please do this! two of my coworkers have the S4 and the screen is brilliant! there's so much more room for everything. when I compared it to my 5 i wanted to cry

4.7 is a nice size like on the htc one ( i own an iphone 5 and a htc one ) the 4 jnch is too small , nice for kids but 4.7 is a perfect size , makes watching video's better , the only thing the iphone needs is stereo sound like the htc on the front as it does sound better and being left handed i block the speaker woth my small finger something that does not happen on the htc one , also the so called retina screen is way behind 100 pixels less than the htc one , a proper 16,9 screen would also be nice rather than apples wierd size , but if there are going to be bigger screens it will show the competition that apple is worried , plus another new version of ios would be needed as the current version would look crap on a bigger screen , like my ipad does ( wish it had real osx )

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Not to mention that you get maybe 2 updates in the lifetime of the phone.
    I think this is a misconception of android. The S3 has had between 10 and 15 updates (possibly more) since its first release. I can't speak for other manufacturers but I imagine it's similar, the version number only bumps up when Google adds new features or something has changed behind the scenes. An update that Samsung releases that fixes something doesn't get an incremental rise.

Again I can only talk for the S3 but possibly over 15 updates and going up 2 versions (and should definitely get 4.4) of Android isn't all that bad.

Edit: Just checked and, including leaked versions, there have been 29 updates.
    Last edited by yatezy; 2014-01-06 at 12:37 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to yatezy For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (2014-01-06)

Thanks

I'd like a 4.7" iphone .

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rayrod354 View Post

Sorry. I want bigger. I'll do the 5'7. The note is selling great. Why not. And better speakers. Maybe a micro ad slot. But if you want fun screen. Jailbreak it. I never got that crappy iphone 5. Who's stupid idea was to just make a longer phone.
    A micro sd slot would be awesome but knowing Apple's past , it may never happen.
    I didn't updated to the 5/5C/5S b/c I wanted a wider screen not just taller.
    I'll def get a 4.7 as I'm still on a 4S😜

Thanks

If they do... Devs will have to update their apps all over again but not just for one device but two!
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

I have been patiently sticking with iPhone and hoping they bring us a larger screen for a while now. The iOS platform is simply the best, I had an S4 for a week and returned it.

I think 2014 is going to be a huge year for Apple.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast