Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Working on iPhones with 4.7- and 5.7-inch Displays

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    For me, I can only hope this happens. A 4.7 would make my day. Bring it on Apple.
    Same here. Bring it on.
    I Like Eletronics

Quote Originally Posted by ecofrankenstein View Post
    One of the many reasons that I continue to purchase Apple instead of Samsung is because of the phone's screen size. I want a phone, not a tablet. A 4-inch display is as far as it should go, without it looking completely tacky. If you want something larger, try the iPad or iPad Mini.
    I agree but i would like to see it a little bit wider not taller so the keys are a little bit bigger but thats just me .

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    In other news....I am reportedly going to win the lottery on Tuesday.

I'll believe this when I see more concrete evidence of it.
    Agreed. Anyone remember the rumors of the "iPhone 5" that turned out to be the 4s? The days in 2011 when we expect edge to edge screen.
    http://gizmodo.com/5811488/what-you-might-not-know-about-ios-5-and-the-next-iphone

http://gizmodo.com/5801931/leaked-iphone-5-case-shows-edge+to+edge-screen-displaced-camera-flash
    Until apple announces anything. I wouldn't get excited or worked up about it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to okitsugu For This Useful Post:

fredHD (2014-01-06)

I always find it interesting that people who don't want a certain iteration of a product, also don't want others to have it.

If we buy apple for screen size over Samsung, why not buy the small screened Samsung phones?

If no one needs a big phone, why is the note selling?

Reminds me of: Who is going to want an iPad?

On the practical side of things, the screen size fragmentation seems like the biggest issue. As long as any new phones all scale at the same rate, I would think that would minimize the hassle, but someone who knows more about screens can help me out there.

I would think at least a 4.7 would be needed to keep up with the increasing sizes of all other flagships. That said, I would be hard pressed to argue they shouldn't continue to make the current size of phone.

I think now that I have come to the end of this post that I might just be too old to be reading internet comments. Once in a while there are constructive conversations on MMi, so I continue to scroll down here, but man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    Then all apps will have to be updated again for each screen size. It's rather annoying.
    It would work like the iPad and the iPad mini did

Bet. This will happen. In may. Watch. They already began the trend of releasing two new phones. They are going to switch it up. They have done it before.

I am reportedly gonna win the Mega Millions too, stay posted for further updates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    It would work like the iPad and the iPad mini did
    I thought that at first but I think higher resolution images will at least have to be made.

Hmmm... A 4.7 inch size would be ok for me I guess and I love the 4 inch display right now. I'll be looking forward to the 4.7 inch iPhone screen.

If Apple Drops a Handset w/a larger screen it's game over.... I for one am so hoping that they do.... I'll be able to shut my Android friends up!!!!

I was planning on going to android later this year but this will keep me with apple for sure!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Since the forthcoming Galaxy S5 supposedly packs 2560x1440 into a 5" screen, I see no reason why Apple can't pack 2072x1280 (4" Retina x4) into a 4.8" display. Doing so, and keeping the same aspect ratio, means no current apps will appear distorted.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Hopefully it's not by making it taller and taller, and keeping the width the same.

I'm not purchasing another iPhone if they go that big.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Good, just in time when I'm looking for a new plasma TV... thanks Apple

Can't wait! I have Note 3 now.. iPhone is too small for my hands and it was hard to do my work.. So I switched.. I don't understand people who like android.. I really don't.. I don't like it.. And about the size.. After 1 week using it you will stop noticing the size.. So 5.7 for me is GREAT, but even with 4.7 I will go back to Apple.. One advice from me.. DON'T make mistake to switch to android.. Phones are garbage (Samsung, Htc).. Nothing can beat Apple's quality... Updates are disgusting.. Apple releases them in the same day.. With android you will wait 3-8 months for update.. My Note 3 is the best Android phone right now.. Still on 4.3.. Maybe will have 4.4 after 2 3 months.. Nexus will be with Android 5.. Whole android thing is just one big JOKE for me.. And people who keep saying "ooo it's so big.. I will quit from Apple".. Stop talking BS.. Try to use it for a day and you will be in love.. 4'7 is not big at all :-)
    Last edited by sladyrko; 2014-01-06 at 02:56 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sladyrko For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (2014-01-06)

Quote Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
    Same here. Bring it on.
    This will be great if the rumors are true we shall see come September 2014

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sladyrko View Post
    Can't wait! I have Note 3 now.. iPhone is too small for my hands and it was hard to do my work.. So I switched.. I don't understand people who like android.. I really don't.. I don't like it.. And about the size.. After 1 week using it you will stop noticing the size.. So 5.7 for me is GREAT, but even with 4.7 I will go back to Apple.. One advice from me.. DON'T make mistake to switch to android.. Phones are garbage (Samsung, Htc).. Nothing can beat Apple's quality... Updates are disgusting.. Apple releases them in the same day.. With android you will wait 3-8 months for update.. My Note 3 is the best Android phone right now.. Still on 4.3.. Maybe will have 4.4 after 2 3 months.. Nexus will be with Android 5.. Whole android thing is just one big JOKE for me.. And people who keep saying "ooo it's so big.. I will quit from Apple".. Stop talking BS.. Try to use it for a day and you will be in love.. 4'7 is not big at all :-)
    What you mean with, Apple release the updates the same day...?

All phone models get the update in the same day.. In Android you will wait your carrier to release the update.. In USA if you have the update today... In my country (Bulgaria) will be after 2/3 or maybe more months :-))

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sladyrko For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2014-01-06)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sladyrko View Post
    All phone models get the update in the same day.. In Android you will wait your carrier to release the update.. In USA if you have the update today... In my country (Bulgaria) will be after 2/3 or maybe more months :-))
    Not to mention that you get maybe 2 updates in the lifetime of the phone.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2014-01-06)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast