Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Filippo Bigarella Speaks Out About Springtomize 3

Default Filippo Bigarella Speaks Out About Springtomize 3

Springtomize is a highly regarded tweak in the iOS jailbreak community, because it adds so much customization to iOS in one package. The developer behind the tweak, Filippo Bigarella, has spoken out about the future of Springtomize.

With iOS 7 being another major release of Apple's iOS operating system, this means that Springtomize will need to be completely re-written from scratch. Bigarella is working on Springtomize 3, the next major upgrade to the jailbreak tweak, so that users can start customizing just about every aspect of their iOS 7 device(s).

Bigarella notes that the evasi0n7 jailbreak for iOS 7.0-7.0.4 came without any warning, so this means he hasn't had the proper amount of time to start preparing the update, but he also notes that he has been working on Springtomize 3 and estimates that he's anywhere from 35-40% done with coding it – most of the tweak's foundation and hooks have been implemented already.

Since when it was released, I have been working on updating my tweaks, even though I had an exam and I went on holidays to Miami (I’m actually typing this on my phone while sitting on a bus heading back to North Beach, after spending the whole day in Key West). I’ll submit an update for CleverPin as soon as I get home on Friday, featuring iOS 7 and ARM64 support, among other general improvements (sorry - I didn’t manage to push it tonight ).

As most of you know, I had already been working on Springtomize 3 before the release of evasi0n7: unfortunately, while I managed to get a lot of work done, I can’t really say I got much farther than 35-40%.

This is mainly because of the fact that it’s not an update, at all; it’s a complete rewrite, based on a completely new structure designed to solve many of the technical challenges that a big project like Springtomize brings to the game (and if you’ve ever developed an iOS tweak, you may be able to guess some of them).

From that 35-40%, I think I can safely say that, as of now, it’s at least half percent done: the “foundation” on which everything is based is nearly complete, many “hooks” have been written (which means that it already has a lot of features). What’s missing right now is expanding even more the number of available features and… Settings.

Yep, settings are a big missing point when it comes to Springtomize, and require a lot of work and testing: oh, not even counting that they need to be designed to be as user friendly as possible, because I don’t want people to get lost.

Beta testers have been chosen and I’ve just let them know they’re part of the team; I feel like they’re all very competent people with the skills required to help me make Springtomize better.

I can’t really wait to show you Springtomize 3’s full potential, but please, bear with me while I try to do my best to build a product that people will enjoy. You will not be disappointed.
    Bigarella mentions that he has chosen his beta testers for the new Springtomize release and needs some more time from those waiting for the update.

Below, you can see Springtomize 3 working some magic on iOS 7:

We will continue to keep you updated on the progress of this benchmark jailbreak tweak. Stay tuned!

Sources: Filippo Bigarella
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-01-02 at 05:42 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (2014-01-03), Destan (2014-01-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Excited about this, love this tweak.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (2014-01-03), King_O_Hill (2014-01-02), PokemonDesigner (2014-01-02), Sage I (2014-01-02)

Thanks

Pretty sweet looking thus far. Can't wait for the finished product!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (2014-01-03), PokemonDesigner (2014-01-02)

I'm willing to pay for this tweak even if I already have springtomize 2. I know it's worth the buy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-01-02)

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

CleverPin is my second most valuable jb tweak. Something Apple should have done long ago.
    Last edited by buggsy2; 2014-01-02 at 08:49 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I need clear folders ......

This is one of the tweaks I am looking forward to the most...Hopefully we won't have to wait to long for this tweak.

That screenshot looks awesome !!!!!

I'd definitely buy this again.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    I need clear folders ......
    There's clear folders for inside of the folder right now...

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'd definitely buy this again.
    Me too! I was wondering what the status was for springtomize, now I know...

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

what about updating Springtomize2 in the meanwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    what about updating Springtomize2 in the meanwhile?
    This makes no sense if you actually read the article!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2014-01-02), Sage I (2014-01-03), Silverado1987 (2014-01-02)

Hmmm... I was so excited about a tweak called: Lockdown Pro iOS7 when I saw it. This tweak is one of my best tweaks for protecting your apps. Any apps you want to lock this tweak will get the job done for you and also when I install it -----> respiring -----> and it went on "SafeMode" and none of the other tweaks that I have installed is working properly. Oh well, just gonna wait until they updated it I guess.....

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BUcLAo69 For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (2014-01-03)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Excited about this, love this tweak.
    +1

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Will easy pay for this tweak. And the dev sure does deserve it to. They put a lot of hard work in it. And need to be payed for there time

Quote Originally Posted by BUcLAo69 View Post
    Hmmm... I was so excited about a tweak called: Lockdown Pro iOS7 when I saw it. This tweak is one of my best tweaks for protecting your apps. Any apps you want to lock this tweak will get the job done for you and also when I install it -----> respiring -----> and it went on "SafeMode" and none of the other tweaks that I have installed is working properly. Oh well, just gonna wait until they updated it I guess.....
    I'm using applocker and it's well tested with ios6. Just waiting to get it updated to ios7.

One of my favorite tweaks, ill buy it again if i have to..

I can say also I will buy it again if I got to. Springtomize rocks.

One of the best things available for jailbreak right here.

And hey where can I find that wallpaper lol

Oops wrong thread for the wallpaper
    Last edited by Owens65; 2014-01-03 at 07:43 AM.
    It's a phone, let's talk about guns.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Owens65 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-01-03)

Thanks
    Thanked 25,535 Times in 4,393 Posts

looking forward to this amazing tweak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast