Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: P0sixspwn Untether Package Updated With LTE/iMessage Bug Fixes, Apple TV 2 Support

Default P0sixspwn Untether Package Updated With LTE/iMessage Bug Fixes, Apple TV 2 Support

iOS hackers iH8sn0w and Winocm released the p0sixspwn jailbreak tool for Mac OS X yesterday, but those with an A4 device or iPhone 3GS have had access to an untethered jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3-iOS 6.1.5 by way of an untether package in Cydia for a little over a week, as long as it was installed after running a tethered jailbreak via sn0wbreeze or redsn0w.

The p0sixspwn untether package has been updated, bringing the package up to version 1.3-2. iOS hacker iH8sn0w notes on Twitter that the update for the package fixes problems with 4G LTE and iMessage on some devices, and that it also adds support for the Apple TV 2:

For those that have the p0sixspwn untether package installed on their iOS 6 device already, this update is recommended to you. You will find the update under the Changes tab in Cydia.

Those on iOS 7 will have to get their jailbreak by means of evasi0n7, as p0sixspwn is not intended for iOS 7.

Sources: iH8sn0w

Any future jailbreak for Apple TV 3?

I must say that their **** up has caused too much in the community for forgiveness from most of it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've jailbreaked my iPhone 4 on 6.1.3 yesterday but I don't see this update on cydia. What is it called and which repo? Thanks

Edit: Never mind I found the repo on the other post but I can't seem to add it.
    Last edited by Crazyfreak; 2013-12-31 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks

For some reason the package wasn't installed when I jailbroke? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to install it or what.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-01-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I must say that their **** up has caused too much in the community for forgiveness from most of it.
    It was all "drama" as usual. No f-up at all. The exploit 6.13-6.15 JB came from had already been patched in Firmware 7.1 betas for quite some time. Pod2 was just wrong this time with his worry. Get caught up, Pokemon.. old news...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-01-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    It was all "drama" as usual. No f-up at all. The exploit 6.13-6.15 JB came from had already been patched in Firmware 7.1 betas for quite some time. Pod2 was just wrong this time with his worry. Get caught up, Pokemon.. old news...
    +1

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-01-02)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    For some reason the package wasn't installed when I jailbroke? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to install it or what.
    Same here. I've looked through cydia's installed packages list and found nothing to do with the jailbreak but installed it anyways. BTW it is in boss's repo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't find it.

So does that mean there a untethered jb for Apple TV 2??

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    Any future jailbreak for Apple TV 3?
    Thats what I was going to ask. Looks like the Apple TV v3 is the only unjailbreakable device there is as its never been jailbroken and it sounds like nobody is trying to jailbreak it.

My Apple TV 2 shows Apple TV Software 5.2 (6010.96) under "about." I guess this is iOS 6, but not sure about which version. What does this jailbreak tool cover for the Apple TV 2? I'd like to update but am unsure what is covered-and don't want to lose my NAS functionality.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    My Apple TV 2 shows Apple TV Software 5.2 (6010.96) under "about." I guess this is iOS 6, but not sure about which version. What does this jailbreak tool cover for the Apple TV 2? I'd like to update but am unsure what is covered-and don't want to lose my NAS functionality.
    The firmware marketed as "5.3" (essentially an alternate 6.1.4, build 10B809) can be untethered with the new p0sixspwn jailbreak package.

"6.0" through "6.0.2" (or rather, 7.0 through 7.0.4) are currently unsupported for an untethered jailbreak, even from evasi0n7 (to the best of my knowledge).

Don't update if you've got a working system, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The firmware marketed as "5.3" (essentially an alternate 6.1.4, build 10B809) can be untethered with the new p0sixspwn jailbreak package.

"6.0" through "6.0.2" (or rather, 7.0 through 7.0.4) are currently unsupported for an untethered jailbreak, even from evasi0n7 (to the best of my knowledge).

Don't update if you've got a working system, frankly.
    My system is buggy and I was interested in some features added after mine. Am I able to update to 5.3 rather than 6? Also (on a side note), is there a tethered jailbreak for 7?

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

edit - my question has been answered.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 2014-01-01 at 07:47 AM.

My system is buggy and I was interested in some features added after mine. Am I able to update to 5.3 rather than 6? Also (on a side note), is there a tethered jailbreak for 7?
    Untethered for IOS7

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Untethered for IOS7
    This is for Apple TV 2.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    +1
    There is always those with drama and agendas, don't believe everything you read

Green Apple
    Thanks

im having an issue here. running mountain lion stock no updates on 60gb ssd, application crashes unexpectedly right after the iphone 4s restarts after the restore.running 6.1.3 i didnt yet achieve the jb process to run smoothly. i had to reinstall the ML, cos i have run out of space on system drive, as these crashes leave all the data hanging there, no way to find them and remove by hand.
    am i doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

No tethered jailbreak yet for 7 for Apple TV .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast