Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile Substrate 0.9.5000 Released with Support for iOS 7 and ARM64

Thanks

It's strange that I installed PreferenceLoader and Mobile Substrate before they were even updated and never removed them and I've never had an issue with NC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    It's strange that I installed PreferenceLoader and Mobile Substrate before they were even updated and never removed them and I've never had an issue with NC.
    The issue with NC seems to be more associated with safemode caused by tweaks that aren't compatible with iOS 7. PreferenceLoader was installed with those tweaks. Since the tweaks I was installing have been updated for iOS 7 I haven't had any issues.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (2014-01-04)

I had to restore and re JB my I5 after mail app kept crashing. I think it was after trying Ifunbox 2014 sticking to older ifunbox its working fine

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Default New Thread about RAM use on iOS7
    Started a new thread HERE that begins a conversation about possible major RAM issues with iOS7. I know a bunch of you for whom that's a big issue. Please join the discussion and offer your thoughts about my early experiences now that we have a tweak (StatusModifier) that can show us RAM again (even on 5S).

Thanks!

Thanks

Found a quick fix for the notification center issues caused by safe mode.

Using iFile or iFunbox go to /var/mobile/library/BulletinBoard. Then rename the SectionInfo.plist file. Reboot and everything should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Found a quick fix for the notification center issues caused by safe mode.

Using iFile or iFunbox go to /var/mobile/library/BulletinBoard. Then rename the SectionInfo.plist file. Reboot and everything should be fine.
    Rename it to what?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    Rename it to what?
    Doesn't matter. You can delete it later once the new file is created. I typically just rename it to SectioninfoBROKEN.plist.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Werty12 (2014-01-14)

Doesn't matter. You can delete it later once the new file is created. I typically just rename it to SectioninfoBROKEN.plist.
    Worked!! Thanks

Thanks

Worked!! Thanks
    Every time it goes into safe mode you will have to do it again but it sure beats restoring or erasing all settings.

Every time it goes into safe mode you will have to do it again but it sure beats restoring or erasing all settings.
    Hopefully that won't happen to much. It's on my daughters phone and she only has one tweak on it.

Thanks

Hopefully that won't happen to much. It's on my daughters phone and she only has one tweak on it.
    Good news, after the safe mode update today it no longer seems to be an issue and tapping the status bar to get out of safe mode also works now.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-16), Zokunei (2014-01-15)

Thanks

before update winterboard worked with changing icons just fine, after update my 5S got a lot of chrashes, had to set it up as a new phone and now wintherboard is not working, when i try to turn on summerboard it goes in safe mode.
    what to do now ??
    have tryet to remove all tweeks but same resultat.

Found a deb file with winterboard and now it works, funny i did not get the updated winterboard from cydia but now it works great
    Last edited by sju; 2014-01-16 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    before update winterboard worked with changing icons just fine, after update my 5S got a lot of chrashes, had to set it up as a new phone and now wintherboard is not working, when i try to turn on summerboard it goes in safe mode.
    what to do now ??
    have tryet to remove all tweeks but same resultat.
    I'd recommend NOT using WinterBoard with SummerBoard compatibility mode toggled on. SummerBoard isn't very non-English language friendly anyway
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

Good news, after the safe mode update today it no longer seems to be an issue and tapping the status bar to get out of safe mode also works now.
    Just happened again. Guess the update didn't help.

Thanks

Just happened again. Guess the update didn't help.
    Weird, I haven't had any issues with it since the update. I have gone into safe mode several times too.

Weird, I haven't had any issues with it since the update. I have gone into safe mode several times too.
    Definitely. I can't figure it out. I told her to stay on 6.1.2 but she refused to listen now she has nothing but problems. I told her to just keep renaming it. Well see what happens. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Still a LOT of crashiness out there now. Lots of tweaks 'partially' updated. The Devs have been VERY hurt by iOS7's upgrade in terms of compatibility. So they're releasing things with MINIMAL compatibility to try and get some cash flow goin' again. I feel for them.. And then poor Saurik - who was thrown a curve ball by the early release of the jailbreak. No time with no advance copy.. So no matter what I uninstall and test - I still have safe mode crashing left and right. At least now Substrate Safe Mode works properly. It will take a couple more months before things get really stable.

Let's just hope 7.1 is either jailbreakable or far enough off - that we'll have time to do one more 'restore/rejailbreak' before the window closes.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Werty12 (2014-01-17)

I'm having a problem with winterboard (I think)
    I've installed "rebars" I think it's called, supposed to replace signal and wifi dots to space saving rounded bars.
    Once applied and resprung with winterboard, bars are still dots; except when I open cydia and the dots have been replaced by what the theme should be doing in normal springboard. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought cydia disabled the application of tweaks to reduce something bad happening while installing other tweaks?
    I've also tried another signal strength change dot to something else theme and none of then have any effect on springboard status bar but like I said, they seem to be applied when I open cydia and revert back to default ios 7 dots the minute I press home button to exit cydia.
    iPhone 5 7.0.4
    PLEASE HELP.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789