Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile Substrate 0.9.5000 Released with Support for iOS 7 and ARM64

Restore from backup.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    iphone 4s on 5.1.1, planning to update to ios7 and JB with evasion, i have already back up to itunes,
    after jailbreaking should i restore from back-up or set as new phone?
    if restore from back-up & update to cydia substrate, will all my apps still work?
    if set as new phone will i still get my contacts back?
    thanks
    It is recommended that you should use a DFU restore and always setup as a new phone. Sync in iTunes before, update as new, then sync your data back to device.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Huh, I toggled mine off then on, now weather is working also.
    Installed poof and now weather is gone. The reduce motion trick doesn't seem to be working either.

It is recommended that you should use a DFU restore and always setup as a new phone. Sync in iTunes before, update as new, then sync your data back to device.
    dfu restore & setup as new, then jailbreak? or sync in itunes 1st??

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Installed poof and now weather is gone. The reduce motion trick doesn't seem to be working either.
    Which phone? Works ok on my I5 and I4 weather is there on both

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    dfu restore & setup as new, then jailbreak? or sync in itunes 1st??
    Sync first.

Sync in iTunes before, update as new, then sync your data back to device.

Sync first.
    thanks...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Which phone? Works ok on my I5 and I4 weather is there on both
    i5. It caused springboard to crash and wouldn't exit safe mode on a respring. Had to do the "reset all settings" to get weather back. This has happened to me several times. Normally I just restore and jailbreak again but I didn't have my computer so I did the reset.

I'm not touching this jailbreak with a 10ft pole. I've never seen 1 this bad. As much as I like themes and need mywi I think I'll just wait till something better or less buggy comes out. I've been doing this since the 3.
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

i5. It caused springboard to crash and wouldn't exit safe mode on a respring. Had to do the "reset all settings" to get weather back. This has happened to me several times. Normally I just restore and jailbreak again but I didn't have my computer so I did the reset.
    Hmm did you:
    back up
    download 7.0.4 ios and restore phone as new iphone
    JB
    start cydia ( sometimes twice) update complete with cydia then
    Restore from back up?

if you don't do this I think you risk instability

Mind you I had to do this twice on I4 for it to work right but only once on I5

Hmm don't know why you are having trouble

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Hmm did you:
    back up
    download 7.0.4 ios and restore phone as new iphone
    JB
    start cydia ( sometimes twice) update complete with cydia then
    Restore from back up?

if you don't do this I think you risk instability

Mind you I had to do this twice on I4 for it to work right but only once on I5

Hmm don't know why you are having trouble
    Yup I have done that process 6 or so times now. Everything is working again I just had to reset all settings. If it happens again I am going to use iFile to delete the preference file that contains the NC settings and respring to see if that works. Tried deleting some other preference files before but none of them did anything.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Uninstall BootStrap if it's still installed.
    Never installed it to begin with.
    For anything SB-HTML or Themeing based help feel free to MSG me!

the jb is fine ive no issues aside from the weather thing which is incrediby insignificant as i dont even care for it now that i have it

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

The weather thing is a bug in preference loader or the JB itself. When weather disappears just go into Settings-->General-->Accessibility and toggle off then on Less Motion. Your weather will come back on. Weird. But many have fixed it this way. I stumbled on it by accident.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The weather thing is a bug in preference loader or the JB itself. When weather disappears just go into Settings-->General-->Accessibility and toggle off then on Less Motion. Your weather will come back on. Weird. But many have fixed it this way. I stumbled on it by accident.
    Doesn't always work. I lost my weather again last night, did the toggle and still didn't come back. Woke this morning and it was working.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Doesn't always work. I lost my weather again last night, did the toggle and still didn't come back. Woke this morning and it was working.
    Not the same bug. There are "outages" in the Weather reporting properly even for people not jailbroken on 7.0.4. So I think we're dealing with two different things here.

I lost weather and notifications again last night after going into safe mode (messing with winterboard when I know I shouldn't). I tried using the toggle method and it didn't work for me either. I was hoping it would since the only way I know to fix weather is by doing a "reset all" in settings. Doing so is a real pain though. Almost every setting has to be re-adjusted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve11 View Post
    I lost weather and notifications again last night after going into safe mode (messing with winterboard when I know I shouldn't). I tried using the toggle method and it didn't work for me either. I was hoping it would since the only way I know to fix weather is by doing a "reset all" in settings. Doing so is a real pain though. Almost every setting has to be re-adjusted.
    It is a huge pain in the *** and I think it is related to going into safe mode. Tapping on the status bar to respring in safe mode does not work for me at all. I have to reboot the device. Upon reboot it is not really the weather that is gone, although that is part of it. It is the today and tomorrow summaries that no longer show up. Weather is part of the today summary.

Anybody getting an error message(error code 2) when trying to upgrade essential packages right after jailbreaking.......Verizon iPhone 5 7.0.4

It is a huge pain in the *** and I think it is related to going into safe mode. Tapping on the status bar to respring in safe mode does not work for me at all. I have to reboot the device. Upon reboot it is not really the weather that is gone, although that is part of it. It is the today and tomorrow summaries that no longer show up. Weather is part of the today summary.
    Yeah it's kinda annoying, Type "killall backboardd" in mobile terminal to respring in safe mode.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast