Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile Substrate 0.9.5000 Released with Support for iOS 7 and ARM64

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    But this is NOT ready for A7 yet.. Just checked.
    Ditto, now even the biteSMS icon is gone from the springboard.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Ditto, now even the biteSMS icon is gone from the springboard.
    The test repo everyone's been using with version 8.0 on it was the test repo for bite SMS on iOS 6. It really has nothing at all to do with iOS 7 per my reading. I never even got the biteSMS icon to appear on my 5S.

My problem is initially everything works fine, then after a while no tweaks are functioning and I have to uninstall/reinstall cydia substrate and all my tweaks for them to work again. What am I doing wrong?

Not for me on 4, 4S phones. Please be more specific.
    How did you get it working on Iphone4??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The test repo everyone's been using with version 8.0 on it was the test repo for bite SMS on iOS 6. It really has nothing at all to do with iOS 7 per my reading. I never even got the biteSMS icon to appear on my 5S.
    No, it works (with quite a few bugs) but it is not 64bit ready. Martin of Delicious Inc. (developer) said it's going to take a while longer for even beta support of 64bit devices.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Not for me on 4, 4S phones. Please be more specific.
    Could be just me. I have i5. Had the same issues until I removed WB.
    Mors Ab Alto

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    I'm glad I never updated to iOS 7, seems like total chaos.
    In other words like most other jailbreaks. People who want total order shouldn't jb or own a windows PC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    My problem is initially everything works fine, then after a while no tweaks are functioning and I have to uninstall/reinstall cydia substrate and all my tweaks for them to work again. What am I doing wrong?
    Before the Cydia Substrate update came through, had you installed Bootstrap on your phone? Which phone are you using? What tweaks do you currently have installed on it?

We're so early in this testing process and people have so little installed on their phones… so it won't take forever… What I would do in your shoes, and have three times already, is simply restore my phone to 7.04 and re-jailbreak and start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by prymeh View Post
    Could be just me. I have i5. Had the same issues until I removed WB.
    I have heard of problems unique to the iPhone 5. Can't understand why that would be the main cause of the instabilities but there is a different processor in the iPhone 5 than in the 4 and the 4S. But the 4 and the 4S also have different processors in them and yet there don't seem to be any unique problems between the 4 and the 4S in regards to tweak compatibility.

So in short, things are going to be a little weird these first few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    No, it works (with quite a few bugs) but it is not 64bit ready. Martin of Delicious Inc. (developer) said it's going to take a while longer for even beta support of 64bit devices.
    It doesn't really matter for me… As the new updates in Apple iOS Mail that are stock in iOS 7 cover pretty much everything biteSMS offered us. I don't really feel I need biteSMS anymore.
    Last edited by NewD; 2013-12-31 at 09:24 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dwizurd View Post
    Barrel works flawlessly for me
    Normally I disdain what I consider cosmetic tweaks, but I gotta admit Barrel is a hoot. Why isn't this on the normal App Sore?

Thanks

iPad 2 is OLD. its almost 3 iPads back now. I have my iPad 2 running 5.0.1 and its flawless all hacks work. Not broke so no need to fix it. I am very happy that I can now tweak my 5s..WOOHOO!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    iPad 2 is OLD. its almost 3 iPads back now. I have my iPad 2 running 5.0.1 and its flawless all hacks work. Not broke so no need to fix it. I am very happy that I can now tweak my 5s..WOOHOO!
    ..With only three or four tweaks that are ready for 5S. Will still take quite some time for the tweak developers to recompile their code to the A7 processor format. It's not like going from iOS 5 to iOS 6 where as soon as we had mobile substrate working on day 1 of jailbreak most tweaks worked. We're still quite some time away from having anything really usable on 5S. And so many people on the form here are mixing up their terminology so that you'll hear something is "ready for iOS 7" and that does NOT mean it's ready for the 5S even after this fix to mobile substrate.

I'm glad I never updated to iOS 7, seems like total chaos. I'd honestly stay away from this jailbreak for awhile till Saurik and Co. get more bugs out of it.
    Not really any chaos, all that's happening is that the tweaks need to be updated, that's about it. Most of the chaos, from what I've been reading, comes from impatient people who couldn't wait for a proper Mobile Substrate update and thus installed bootstrap and the sort. It's perfectly ok to jailbreak now, just, again, waiting for devs to update their tweaks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2013-12-31)

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone kindly point me to the Google docs URL that has the updated tweaks? I've looked thru the Evasi0n related articles but I seem to be overlooking it. Thanks

..With only three or four tweaks that are ready for 5S. Will still take quite some time for the tweak developers to recompile their code to the A7 processor format. It's not like going from iOS 5 to iOS 6 where as soon as we had mobile substrate working on day 1 of jailbreak most tweaks worked. We're still quite some time away from having anything really usable on 5S. And so many people on the form here are mixing up their terminology so that you'll hear something is "ready for iOS 7" and that does NOT mean it's ready for the 5S even after this fix to mobile substrate.
    NewdestinyX you hit the nail on the head with this post. Folks are seeing ios7 ready and are not realizing "under the hood" the tweaks for the folks such as myself with the newer devices(5s, mini retina, etc) need the tweaks recompiled with the arm64 branch of coding. Yes ios7 prep'd, but not recompiled for certain devices to utilize the functionality correctly.

My i5 works great. Now to c about battery drain. Can't wait for stuff to b updated

Thanks to everybody involved in each and every jailbreak.

Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by RoloDiva13 View Post
    Can someone kindly point me to the Google docs URL that has the updated tweaks? I've looked thru the Evasi0n related articles but I seem to be overlooking it. Thanks
    Hello my friend,

This is a very useful link as it contains everything you need:

http://www.idesigntimes.com/articles...ible-cydia.htm

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-02)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riassan View Post
    NewdestinyX you hit the nail on the head with this post. Folks are seeing ios7 ready and are not realizing "under the hood" the tweaks for the folks such as myself with the newer devices(5s, mini retina, etc) need the tweaks recompiled with the arm64 branch of coding. Yes ios7 prep'd, but not recompiled for certain devices to utilize the functionality correctly.
    Yep. Exactly. Our (A7 owners) day will come.. But not 'real soon'. . That's why every other day or so - I put my SIM card back in my iPhone 5, fully decked out with tweaks and themes and set up perfectly the way I like it... just to get my 'fix on'.. while I'm waiting. The good thing is that I like iOS7 SO MUCH - that even without it tweaked out yet I LOVE its functionality and text window and calendars and the 3D effect. So my 5S LOOKS like a 'tweaked out theme' in a way.. So I'm happy moving my SIM card back and forth for the time being. Today was an ALL 5S day.. Tomorrow - will be back to my iP5 6.1.2 running NextGenUI theme... LOVE IT!!

Having a problem since cydia substrate was installed. I go to settings and click on any tweak and I get an error of saying "there was an error loading preference bundle" followed by whatever tweak, doesn't matter what tweak it is. Only thing that is working is locallApStore that I can click and see the settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yep. Exactly. Our (A7 owners) day will come.. But not 'real soon'. . That's why every other day or so - I put my SIM card back in my iPhone 5, fully decked out with tweaks and themes and set up perfectly the way I like it... just to get my 'fix on'.. while I'm waiting. The good thing is that I like iOS7 SO MUCH - that even without it tweaked out yet I LOVE its functionality and text window and calendars and the 3D effect. So my 5S LOOKS like a 'tweaked out theme' in a way.. So I'm happy moving my SIM card back and forth for the time being. Today was an ALL 5S day.. Tomorrow - will be back to my iP5 6.1.2 running NextGenUI theme... LOVE IT!!
    Just like anything that deals with a device tree and source compiling, things need tested and ran through ADB to monitor what it's doing to make sure it's not causing other task issues and keep end users in a lower issue ratio for a smoother experience. I look at a logcat to see what's running on a device in real time to see if something isn't jiving right. I have watched over the years tweaks we had from 2g, 3G and so on make it into official Ipsw's. 🍎 OS has come a long way. jb's now are a hell of a lot less involving then back then, when you had to have a bit of knowledge to perform them.

I'm glad I never updated to iOS 7, seems like total chaos. I'd honestly stay away from this jailbreak for awhile till Saurik and Co. get more bugs out of it.
    Everyone complaining about IOS 7 because of JB, but hey wait, If I was a developer and wanted to Develop a tweak for IOS 7 Why would I without a JB? Did any of you ever think of that? No You all just Complain and complain and whine

I have had 0 issues on I5 and I4 so far even after Updates

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-01-01), fredHD (2014-01-01)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast