Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 107

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Pod2g: p0sixspwn Burns Valuable Exploit that Could Have Been Used for Future Jailbreaks

  1. #61
    It wasn't for 6.1 it was for 6.1.3 to 6.1.5 loads of people have been stuck on these firmwares without a jb some foolishly updated (their own fault) some people's got the phone with those phones on.

    I was jb on 6.1 from beginning of this year my phone got stolen a few months back and my new one came on 6.1.4.

    Why am I not on ios7 you ask?
    Main reason is because its **** ugly second is the themeing capabilities on ios7 jb are greatly reduced.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  2. #62
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
    Is there some reason 6.1 needed a Jailbreak to begin with?

    Are certain iOS devices stuck on 6.1? If not, why would anyone not be using the latest-greatest jailbreakable iOS? (aka 7.0.4)?
    There are almost no tweaks ready for 7.0.4 yet. And those that are don't work on Apple's latest iPhone 5S. And these tweaks may not be ready for quite some time. Many people lost their jailbreaks while Apple was still signing 6.1.3-6.1.5 - and when they restored they were stuck with an unjailbreakable firmware. NOW -- those people can jailbreak and have access to all the best tweaks while still waiting for things to be usable on the 7.0.4 jailbreak. Some others just hate iOS7.. I can't imagine that - as iOS7 is the only 'real' updated firmware in quite a while. It's a game changer for Apple in my opinion. And I can't wait until I can use my 5S jailbroken to its fullest extent. But for now I put my SIM card back in my iPhone 5 because an iPhone without tweaks is virtually useless to me.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    7.1 is supposedly coming out in March. I can't wait that long!!!
    Agreed, they'll probably release 7.0.5 before then with "bug fixes" as the description before 7.1, but I hope they'll be able to JB 7.1 also. It's probably going to be a good upgrade to have. I wouldn't give my jailbreak for it though.

  4. #64
    Exactly why evaders should of waited imo
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  5. #65
    Still on 6.0 here, any way to update my 5 to 6.1.x? I feel I already know the answer.... :-/

  6. #66
    Unfortunately no
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    Azjonnyg (2013-12-30)

  8. #67
    Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,146
    Thanks
    3,488
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Maybe because Apple builds quality products and iPod 4 and 3GS are still running fine and will be running fine for years. (my 2G is still in active duty on 3.1.3!!!).
    iOS 6.1.3 is the end of the firmware line for them. To have a JB for that firmware is invaluable, as it allows endless restores.
    Not everybody has money to burn and needs to have to latest Apple product in order to put it into a cupboard for month until a JB has been found.
    This jailbreak is unnecessary. For such old devices it really doesn't matter if you use iOS 6.1.2 or 6.1.5.

  9. #68
    Not unnecessary for me my phone was on 6.1.4.

    Doesn't matter now anyway as we know the bug is pretty much unusable and doesn't affect future jailbreaks
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  10. #69
    iPhoneaholic iH85CH001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    I have my iPhone 5 jailbroken on 6.1.4 now, it has a few glitches, but I trust them to fix those though. But, I could care less about the future of jailbreaking now because I hate iOS 7 UI, and to be honest, I don't see them getting rid of that very soon. I don't think I'm gonna like iOS 8, or anything else like that, and if I do, well then we'll just have to wait for a jailbreak then. But quit complaining now people, because as of right now, it's not affecting anything, everything is jailbroken now, just shut up and go enjoy what you've got. Remember, nobody ever said that these people HAVE to build a jailbreak for you. They do it for free in their own time. So quit complaining, and just sit back, relax, nd enjoy your jailbreak now.

  11. #70
    6.1.4 jailbreak really.......how pointless is that my iPhone 4 is still jailbroken on 6.0 collecting dust in a drawer.

    People on the 6.1.4 bandwagon are a little late to the party id say shoulda chucked those firmwares up as a loss

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fate1121 For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (2013-12-30)

  13. #71
    Have you not read anything above? Loads of reasons why it was an important jb for loads of people
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  14. #72
    While I'm very thankful to them for releasing this jailbreak, it is indeed true that, with an untethered jailbreak already out for iOS 7, there was absolutely no need to burn this "valuable exploit", unless they weren't aware. However, if they were aware, then it's a tiny bit messed up as it might have crippled future jailbreaks. Those of you complaining about iOS 7's look, grow up and stop being a baby, if you don't like how it looks, then download winterboard and theme it to look like iOS 6. What is more important to you, the way it looks or a future jailbreak? My god, people's common sense is severely scarce nowadays.

  15. #73
    Yeah I did and chances are if there on that old of firmware they don't care about the "newest firmware".

    What was there 2 devices that came with 6.1.4 on it 2 years later?

    maybe in this forum they "care" seeing as how this is jailbreak forum, kudos for all the people it helped I guess

  16. #74
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Get caught up people. Pod2 was wrong. No future exploits burnt. The main exploit they used to get 6.1.4 working was already patched in 7.1. End of story. More drama about nothing.

  17. #75
    My i5 came on 6.1.4 I never updated to it

    I'm sure I already said that up there somewhere lol
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  18. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ras, I can't agree with you here.. There is no such thing as endless restores to 6.1.3.. since it's no longer being signed by Apple. Even SHSH blobs won't help you from what I understand. Is there something I'm missing in your point? If you're referring to a tethered JB possible because of the bootrom exploit in 3GS and 4.. well that's pretty useless to most. And why would you ever want to restore to ios6 on those devices when iOS 4 and 5 were so much more stable and fast on them with loads of tweaks available.

    Correct my thinking here..if I'm missing something.
    iPhone 3G can only be restored to 6.1.3 forever! They can't run any higher firmware so it is a JB forever!

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Simon (2013-12-30)

  20. #77
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    iPhone 3G can only be restored to 6.1.3 forever! They can't run any higher firmware so it is a JB forever!
    yeah. Ras sorted me out a couple posts later in post #51. Thanks, King.. Makes total sense.
    Last edited by NewD; 2013-12-30 at 10:00 PM.

  21. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Evad3rs made hundreds of thousands off the deal with China from all reliable sources I've read.
    According to the Evad3rs, they never took a dime from TaiG!

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    And TaiG store is alive and well.. Just not in our 1.0.1 tool anymore (thank goodness and good riddance).
    Yes it is alive and well and available from Chinese websites that we can't even access outside of china.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  22. #79
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    According to the Evad3rs, they never took a dime from TaiG!
    Yes it is alive and well and available from Chinese websites that we can't even access outside of china.
    You're responding as you go, bro. Already dealt with these issues in later posts.

    But I still believe there's more to the story than we're reading from them. They're in 'image protect' mode now.
    Last edited by NewD; 2013-12-30 at 10:03 PM.

  23. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You're responding as you go, bro. Already dealt with these issues in later posts.
    Sorry, when I came in it was on page 2 then I just realized its on page 4.

    Never mind.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •