Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g: p0sixspwn Burns Valuable Exploit that Could Have Been Used for Future Jailbreaks

Thanks

Maybe they coulda shoulda woulda used a different exploit... I don't know what exploit was used, what exploits could've been used, but I'm glad they made it happen for those rockin older generation idevices... There will always be a hole somewhere, more exploits will always be found... And to think that these Devs do all of this outta fun, in their spare time and with no pay other than donations...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    They are perpetuating the rift just fine all by themselves. Story here isn't going to change that or what happens because of it. There are a lot more people watching them on twitter than there are that will read this story. If this was just back and forth bickering I would agree with you that it shouldn't be news worthy. The burning of possible future exploits is most definitely news worthy though on a site dedicated to jailbreaking.
    Simon your points are valid, I have a different perspective and am still disappointed. I understand where you are coming from but I personally disagree.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (2013-12-30)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    Simon your points are valid, I have a different perspective and am still disappointed. I understand where you are coming from but I personally disagree.
    All good, is what it is. I have no control over news stories that get posted here. I believe this one to be a valid one, I can certainly see where you are coming from though.

It's one thing when it's i0nic who retired from the community before he really started to dig at the devs. When it's active devs feuding, it makes me nervous...

I guess my question to all of this is are the exploits used in the iOS 7 jailbreak not in iOS 6.1.5 and later versions?
    I am going to say they aren't thats why they didn't release evasi0n for earlier iOS versions. With that being said why didn't they all just use comex's exploits and get all 6.1.3-7.0.4 and save the other exploits used for the evasi0n iOS 7 unlock and use them at a later date?
    Feel like that would of made a lot more sense on both parties behalf's.

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Too late, you're already rallied up.
    u mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by JPili View Post
    So the people responsible will be known around as utter fools and then maybe next time they'll think more carefully before doing such a detrimental thing like this. By releasing this 6.1.5 JB, they helped SOME people but ultimately hurt the majority of us.

utter fools? do you realize how utterly ungrateful you sound? these guys work hard so YOU can enjoy a jailbreak for the devices you love, and they work for donations! if I was these guys, I would say
    "sc*ew you, you ungrateful pukes, i'll jailbreak for me and my friends, and you can fend for yourself!!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to liverjello For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (2013-12-30)

Thanks

I think it would be best for the community if the Evad3rs talked to the others about their software ahead of time.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I think it would be best for the community if the Evad3rs talked to the others about their software ahead of time.
    Agreed. Evad3rs made some calculated moves this time that were only in their interest… With much less consideration for the jailbreak community. Though I understand the financial motive they really really really messed up by not seeding a copy of the jailbreak to Saurik early enough for mobile substrate to get ready. They just plain blew it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2013-12-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The same argument could be used against Pod2g and the Evad3rs. They released an ios 7.0.4 jailbreak when they could have saved their exploits and used them on a future ios 7.1 jailbreak when it drops.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babyydaveyy For This Useful Post:

Feanor64 (2013-12-30)

Agreed, 100%, but still, I am enjoying these jailbreaks more and more and more, it has become such a good fun over the years

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Agreed. Evad3rs made some calculated moves this time that were only in their interest… With much less consideration for the jailbreak community. Though I understand the financial motive they really really really messed up by not seeding a copy of the jailbreak to Saurik early enough for mobile substrate to get ready. They just plain blew it.
    At least they dumped that filthy piracy-laden "store" after a couple days and we'll probably have Substrate within a week or so. The real damage done is in the relationships between Saurik and the hackers (though I do feel bad for the confused first-time jailbreakers). Saurik probably makes more off the jailbreaks than they do, so I can see why they might go after some money. Unfortunately the Chinese deal was worthless and they might get less donations this time because of how the community views all this.

In the end, though, I wouldn't be too worried about jailbreaking suffering a total collapse as long as there's money to be made from making the jailbreak tools and having packages sold on Cydia. Saurik relies financially on Mobile Substrate too.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 2013-12-30 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks

At least they dumped that filthy piracy-laden "store" after a couple days
    Only in the 1.0.1 version. The store is still available to Chinese end users. Be assured of that.
    and we'll probably have Substrate within a week or so.
    That's dreaming. But I'd love to be proved wrong and will happily admit it if I am..
    Saurik probably makes more off the jailbreaks than they do, so I can see why they might go after some money. Unfortunately the Chinese deal was worthless and they might get less donations this time because of how the community views all this.
    Saurik indeed makes good money... but you're pretty far off in your last statement.. Evad3rs made hundreds of thousands off the deal with China from all reliable sources I've read. And TaiG store is alive and well.. Just not in our 1.0.1 tool anymore (thank goodness and good riddance).

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Maybe the evaders should've made the jailbreak. They could've used the same exploits that they used for iOS 7.
    there are only a handful of hackers

Thanks

Saurik indeed makes good money... but you're pretty far off in your last statement.. Evad3rs made hundreds of thousands off the deal with China from all reliable sources I've read. And TaiG store is alive and well.. Just not in our 1.0.1 tool anymore (thank goodness and good riddance).
    They didn't have to give anything back after they fully denounced TaiG and removed it from Evasi0n?

That's dreaming. But I'd love to be proved wrong and will happily admit it if I am..
    I said "or so" so it would hard to prove me wrong
    Last edited by Zokunei; 2013-12-30 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post
    The same argument could be used against Pod2g and the Evad3rs. They released an ios 7.0.4 jailbreak when they could have saved their exploits and used them on a future ios 7.1 jailbreak when it drops.
    7.1 is supposedly coming out in March. I can't wait that long!!!

Thanks

They didn't have to give anything back after they fully denounced TaiG and removed it from Evasi0n?
    Where did you read they 'denounced' it? And where did you read they had to give back money?

All they did was take it out of the 1.0.1 package. Chinese users still TOTALLY have access in 1.0.0.

https://twitter.com/qwertyoruiop/sta...15292635410432

Seems to indicate that the exploit pod2g is all upset about got fixed in 7.1 anyhow. If that's true (and qwertyoruiop certainly appears to be anti-evad3rs and a pal of Ion1c), then either pod2g didn't know this or did and is just doing this to make others look bad.

Too damn much ego all around leads to lack of communication and problems like this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by td1439 View Post
    https://twitter.com/qwertyoruiop/sta...15292635410432

Seems to indicate that the exploit pod2g is all upset about got fixed in 7.1 anyhow. If that's true (and qwertyoruiop certainly appears to be anti-evad3rs and a pal of Ion1c), then either pod2g didn't know this or did and is just doing this to make others look bad.

Too damn much ego all around leads to lack of communication and problems like this.
    I would totally bet this is another 'manufactured drama'.. just like the first week of the jailbreak with people worrying about Chinese spying on our jailbroken phones.. What a crock that was?! So laughable. People love the drama though.. makes for good reading...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 906 Posts

Where did you read they 'denounced' it? And where did you read they had to give back money?

All they did was take it out of the 1.0.1 package. Chinese users still TOTALLY have access in 1.0.0.
    Read the last statement from Evavd3rs.

Also it seems TiaG have released their own version. Not the way to do business.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast