Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n iOS 7 Untether Package Updated to Version 0.2

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Mobile Substrate on non-A7 phones will only work reasonably well after you've installed BootStrap. Then you'll have slightly more success with MobileSubstrate-based tweaks on 4, 4S, 5, 5C. Only f.lux, iFile, Mobile Terminal & OpenSSH work on 5S at this point.
    i took off bootstrap it was buggy and not working well, my battery was draining faster too

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    i took off bootstrap it was buggy and not working well, my battery was draining faster too
    Pretty sure it's mobile substrate itself that is draining the battery more. I don't have bootstrap installed on my 5S but just having mobile substrate installed on it has cut my battery power by 25%.

The first day I had my new 5S, before I jailbroke, I didn't have to plug it in once. From the store the battery was charged 80% and my phone lasted almost 18 hours of normal to high usage. Then yesterday I jailbroke it and loaded f.lux which requires mobile substrate to be on the phone. My battery only lasted about 8 hours of normal usage. So it has nothing at all to do with bootstrap - your battery usage issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bobnwako View Post
    If I use that won't I pay for the data? That's the reason why I jailbroke my phone in the first place?
    People used to get TetherMe and MyWi so they wouldn't have to pay for the tethering service fee itself at AT&T and other carriers. I don't think there's any tweak that can hide your usage of data from your carrier. I could be wrong… And I hope I am… So that I too can take advantage of what you're talking about; a tweak that hides your data usage when tethered from a tablet or computer.
    Last edited by NewD; 2013-12-28 at 08:33 PM.

People used to get TetherMe and MyWi so they wouldn't have to pay for the tethering service fee itself at AT&T and other carriers. I don't think there's any tweak that can hide your usage of data from your carrier. I could be wrong… And I hope I am… So that I too can take advantage of what you're talking about; a tweak that hides your data usage when tethered from a tablet or computer.
    There is nothing that I'm aware of that hides data usage.

Grant, if you used such a tweak that hid data usage, that would be stealing wouldn't it? I thought that you are against this kind of activity! How is it ok to screw the carriers by stealing data from them?

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    There is nothing that I'm aware of that hides data usage.

Grant, if you used such a tweak that hid data usage, that would be stealing wouldn't it? I thought that you are against this kind of activity! How is it ok to screw the carriers by stealing data from them?
    I was speaking figuratively, of course. I am fairly confident TetherMe and MyWi do not hide data usage. They only allow an open socket to your phone if you're not on a former tethering plan. Since Shared Data plans - all contracts are free tethering. (Free of an extra fee - you still use up your data).. I never used TetherMe even when it was available. I always paid my fees to AT&T - the right thing to do..
    Last edited by NewD; 2013-12-28 at 07:15 PM.

Why would you us MyWi on an iPhone 5S.. When personal hotspot is there and free no matter what plan you're on?
    No it is not free. I'm an unlimited data plan and I can't do it without calling and setting it up and they charge extra for that.

I was speaking figuratively, of course. I am fairly confident TetherMe and MyWi do not hide data usage. They only allow an open socket to your phone if you're not on a former tethering plan. Since Shared Data plans - all contracts are free tethering. (Free of an extra fee - you still use up your data).. I never used TetherMe even when it was available. I always paid my fees to AT&T - the right thing to do..
    I already pay 30 a month for data. Why should you have to pay another 30-50 a month extra for something you already pay for. That's bull.
    Last edited by towboattrash34; 2013-12-28 at 08:08 PM.
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

6. The Following User Says Thank You to towboattrash34 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2013-12-29)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    No it is not free. I'm an unlimited data plan and I can't do it without calling and setting it up and they charge extra for that.
    Yes. On the old grandfathered in Unlimited Plans (not truly unlimited, by the way) you have to pay a tethering fee..

I already pay 30 a month for data. Why should you have to pay another 30-50 a month extra for something you already pay for. That's bull.
    Because computers and tablets use HUGE AMOUNTS more of data than just surfing on your phone. AT&T never meant for people to download as much as 2-10MB per WEB PAGE refresh when you're on a laptop. That's why they created the new shared plans with free tethering. Because the data is always counting toward your max per month. I tether and use gobs of data - and never get anywhere near by 6GB for only $30/month too. But I don't need a tweak to get tethering.. and I pay the same as you do.

Am I the only that's getting awful battery life now? Me and my girlfriend has the 5s and mines jail broken and hers isn't and we use it equally and I have 19% while she has 82% we have the same settings apart from the jailbreak
    dont you hate it when someones signature looks like someones post?

what a game

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
    Am I the only that's getting awful battery life now? Me and my girlfriend has the 5s and mines jail broken and hers isn't and we use it equally and I have 19% while she has 82% we have the same settings apart from the jailbreak
    No - you're not alone..

if you have MobileSubstrate installed for any tweaks.. it's bogging you down - I'm pretty sure.. If you don't - then some other aspect of the jailbreak itself is definitely killing battery life...

That's the first thing I noticed since jailbreaking.. I bought my 5S on 12/26 at noon.. it was factory charged to 80%.. Used it as much as I usually do for that first day.. When I went to bed at 12am or so (after 12 hours of use/standby) battery was only at 41%. Only a 39% drop.. That's like iPhone, frickin'-4 day, in terms of battery power.. AMAZING!!! I jailbroke it yesterday and only added Cydia, iFile, f.lux (which loads Mobile Substrate, Substrate Safe Mode & preference loader). I'm only getting half that battery power now.. Very disappointing. I hope it has something to do with the bad MobileSubstrate.
    Last edited by NewD; 2013-12-28 at 08:34 PM.

No - you're not alone..

if you have MobileSubstrate installed for any tweaks.. it's bogging you down - I'm pretty sure.. If you don't - then some other aspect of the jailbreak itself is definitely killing battery life...

That's the first thing I noticed since jailbreaking.. I bought my 5S on 12/26 at noon.. it was factory charged to 80%.. Used it as much as I usually do for that first day.. When I went to bed at 12am or so (after 12 hours of use/standby) battery was only at 41%. Only a 39% drop.. That's like iPhone, frickin'-4 day, in terms of battery power.. AMAZING!!! I jailbroke it yesterday and only added Cydia, iFile, f.lux (which loads Mobile Substrate, Substrate Safe Mode & preference loader). I'm only getting half that battery power now.. Very disappointing. I hope it has something to do with the bad MobileSubstrate.
    Yes, I have some kind of mobile substrate but not the one that supports 5s because there's been no official release for mobile substrate for 64bit, but I'm glad that it's not only me if they fix it that's great but if nothing changes I think I'll just keep my iPad mini jail broke

what a game

Thanks

Yes, I have some kind of mobile substrate but not the one that supports 5s because there's been no official release for mobile substrate for 64bit, but I'm glad that it's not only me if they fix it that's great but if nothing changes I think I'll just keep my iPad mini jail broke
    Yeah.. if you use f.lux, one of the only tweaks working on 5S - it automatically loaded Mobile Substrate - even though Mobile Substrate isn't working on A7 devices. But I believe it's part of the battery life issue. Because when I was just running iFile - the battery seemed to be about the same.. As soon as I loaded f.lux (a tweak I'd never known about before last couple of days and now REALLY LIKE) the battery life went all to he11.. Now f.lux is in the background checking time of day to adjust its screen color and brightness actions.. It could be the tweak itself.. BUT 30% battery loss???? I think not.... Something else is wrong.. I'm getting ready to restore to stock on my iPhone 5S - and just wait for the fix to MS..

I've uninstalled every tweak to see if it's made a change but still the same I'm on 1% now so I got to go

what a game

*******!

Thanks

Well I restored my 5S to stock, then reloaded from BackUp to get my apps, etc back... During that period the battery recharged to 90%...

It's been in use for surfing and email checking (about 6-8x) in this last hour - and asleep the rest of the time.. Hasn't moved off 90%.

This is iPhone 4 battery life again.. I'm not too eager to give it up.. I know tweaks running will cause drain.. no prob.. But I don't want it JUST SIMPLY from the JAILBREAK untether and Mobile Substrate on my phone... with ZERO TWEAKS!!!! Uggh...

(PS - I always keep PUSH-off, BLUETOOTH-off, and all switches off, except Traffic, in Privacy-->Location Services-->System, and Brightness at 50% - as my phone's normal operating mode)
    Last edited by NewD; 2013-12-28 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks

Everyone is complaining about this and that. We were all warned before we decided to JB our devices. The Mobile Substrate has to be updated for most/all compatibilities to be worked out. No working around it. The jailbreak was one of the easiest to date besides jailbreakme. I have only one tweak at this time and im waiting patiently for the rest to come.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (2013-12-28), Sage I (2013-12-29)

I don't understand what you guys are running to do this? Do you run like max brightness, never turn off wifi, etc? IV been jailbroken since they day after the JB launch and have had no change in battery life aside from when I actually leave apps backgrounding which is normal. (And I too am on a 5S)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PokemonDesigner For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2013-12-29)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I don't understand what you guys are running to do this? Do you run like max brightness, never turn off wifi, etc? IV been jailbroken since they day after the JB launch and have had no change in battery life aside from when I actually leave apps backgrounding which is normal. (And I too am on a 5S)
    But you have "zero" tweaks loaded? Or only nothing that relies on Mobile Substrate?

Read carefully too.. He said his wife's and his phone were set up identically except for jailbreak. That clearly means that the jailbreak introduced battery life issues.

Mobile Substrate on non-A7 phones will only work reasonably well after you've installed BootStrap. Then you'll have slightly more success with MobileSubstrate-based tweaks on 4, 4S, 5, 5C. Only f.lux, iFile, Mobile Terminal & OpenSSH work on 5S at this point.
    I tried bootstrap, it didn't make a difference even after multiple resprings and reinstalls. Guess I'll wait for the 64 bit MS update even though I'm on an iPhone 5.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Well I restored my 5S to stock, then reloaded from BackUp to get my apps, etc back... During that period the battery recharged to 90%...

It's been in use for surfing and email checking (about 6-8x) in this last hour - and asleep the rest of the time.. Hasn't moved off 90%.

This is iPhone 4 battery life again.. I'm not too eager to give it up.. I know tweaks running will cause drain.. no prob.. But I don't want it JUST SIMPLY from the JAILBREAK untether and Mobile Substrate on my phone... with ZERO TWEAKS!!!! Uggh...

(PS - I always keep PUSH-off, BLUETOOTH-off, and all switches off, except Traffic, in Privacy-->Location Services-->System, and Brightness at 50% - as my phone's normal operating mode)
    Just wait for all the updates to come out first then. No biggie.

If MS is causing battery drain I'm sure that will be fixed when it gets updated
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    I tried bootstrap, it didn't make a difference even after multiple resprings and reinstalls. Guess I'll wait for the 64 bit MS update even though I'm on an iPhone 5.
    Strange.. it made my iPhone 4S tweaks run very smoothly from not working at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Just wait for all the updates to come out first then. No biggie.
    Of course you're right..

Quote Originally Posted by Trypt4mine View Post
    If MS is causing battery drain I'm sure that will be fixed when it gets updated
    Sure hoping so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast