Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iH8sn0w: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 A5+ Untethered Jailbreak Tool Should Be Released This Week

  1. #1
    Default iH8sn0w: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 A5+ Untethered jailbreak Tool Should Be Released This Week


    Alongside the evad3rs' release of evasi0n7, an untethered jailbreak for iOS 7, another set of hackers, iH8sn0w and Winocm, were working on an untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3, iOS 6.1.4, and iOS 6.1.5.

    So far, they have released the p0sixspwn untether package for A4 devices and the iPhone 3GS that works with iOS 6.1.3-iOS 6.1.5, and can be installed on devices that are jailbroken tethered either with redsn0w or sn0wbreeze, but the hackers are also looking to release a separate tool that will offer an untethered jailbreak for A5 and later iOS devices.

    On Wednesday, iOS hacker iH8sn0w used Twitter to tell the jailbreak community that the hackers are busy spending time with their families right now, but they are hoping to have their jailbreak tool ready by the end of this week. The tool will jailbreak A5 and later iOS devices running iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4. On Sunday, the hackers teased the untethered jailbreak running on an iPod touch 5g, which is an A5 device.

    It's important that the hackers take all of the time that they need so they can fine-tune the jailbreak to be as bug-free as possible. A buggy jailbreak would mean chaos for users, and the potential loss of their iOS 6 jailbreak, which could force them to upgrade to iOS 7 (which can be jailbroken also, but due to the major user interface change, many don't wish to upgrade to it).

    If you're waiting on the iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 untethered jailbreak for your A5 or later iOS device, our best advice to you is to just remain patient. We will keep you updated on the latest.

    Sources: iH8sn0w

  2. #2
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Coopersville, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Didn't Apple stop signing 6.1.3?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrassmid View Post
    Didn't Apple stop signing 6.1.3?
    Not for the 3gs

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Not for the 3gs
    If you are at 6.1.3 then you can get untethered. If you are not , then restore to 6.1.5 and get untethered . Basically 3GS is pwned for life.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    LittleGod (2013-12-26)

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    If you are at 6.1.3 then you can get untethered. If you are not , then restore to 6.1.5 and get untethered . Basically 3GS is pwned for life.
    There is no 6.1.5 for he 3GS. 6.1.4 is only for the iPhone 5, and 6.1.5 is only for the 4th gen iPod touch. 6.1.5 was only a FaceTime fix and the 3GS doesn't support FaceTime.

  7. #6
    so there is no separate untethered jailbreak tool for 3GS? except using redsnow/snowbreeze (tethered) and then install untethered via cydia?

  8. #7
    The effort is great, but why spend it on 6? All new devices are iOS 7, iOS 6 is old school...

    I've had every iPhone,iPad made. Don't trust the new 7 jailbreak.

  9. #8
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    There is no 6.1.5 for he 3GS. 6.1.4 is only for the iPhone 5, and 6.1.5 is only for the 4th gen iPod touch. 6.1.5 was only a FaceTime fix and the 3GS doesn't support FaceTime.
    Then 6.1.3 which is the last firmware and forever being signed gets untethered for new bootrom.

  10. #9
    Super Moderator Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 945 Times in 709 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    so there is no separate untethered jailbreak tool for 3GS? except using redsnow/snowbreeze (tethered) and then install untethered via cydia?
    A new version of Sn0wbreeze is in the works, but there's still no ETA on that.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    A new version of Sn0wbreeze is in the works, but there's still no ETA on that.
    great!! then ill just wait for that one ... im still stuck with ios5 on my 3gs... its now act as my ipod since just recently bought the 5S ... wanna update my 3gs for good since its the last FW for it ... ty for all who contributed for this jailbreak tools!! im so happy!

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGBaD View Post
    The effort is great, but why spend it on 6? All new devices are iOS 7, iOS 6 is old school...

    I've had every iPhone,iPad made. Don't trust the new 7 jailbreak.
    Because apple won't patch the iOS 6 jailbreak and some devices that were on the later versions of iOS 6 can't be updated to 7.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

    WHUDS (2013-12-26)

  14. #12
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    When snowbreeze gets updated, millions with A4 chips will be happy. Great effort by this Canadian hacker from Toronto , iH8sn0w

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    When snowbreeze gets updated, millions with A4 chips will be happy. Great effort by this Canadian hacker from Toronto , iH8sn0w
    @iH8sn0w and @winocm...........whoever he is

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGBaD View Post
    The effort is great, but why spend it on 6? All new devices are iOS 7, iOS 6 is old school...

    I've had every iPhone,iPad made. Don't trust the new 7 jailbreak.
    Because iOS 7 is terrible?

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
    Because iOS 7 is terrible?
    I don't mind it. Funny that people moan when apple don't innovate then moan some more when they do!

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Because apple won't patch the iOS 6 jailbreak and some devices that were on the later versions of iOS 6 can't be updated to 7.
    If you have an old iPhone and are still using it, the data and rate plan is the same as a new one.

    In most cases you can sell you old phone and buy a new one with updated contract and make money if you don't wait too long. Might as well.

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    I don't mind it. Funny that people moan when apple don't innovate then moan some more when they do!
    That is true. I was wanting a phone overhaul, but got a software overhaul. I prefer the iOS 6 look. iOS 7, IMO, looks like a kid threw pastel crayons into the phone. Lol. iOS 7 will be better with the jailbreak. Hoping for bigger folder sizes. 9 per screen kills me.

  20. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
    That is true. I was wanting a phone overhaul, but got a software overhaul. I prefer the iOS 6 look. iOS 7, IMO, looks like a kid threw pastel crayons into the phone. Lol. iOS 7 will be better with the jailbreak. Hoping for bigger folder sizes. 9 per screen kills me.
    You realize you don't need a jailbreak to increase don't size right?

  21. #19
    Untethered package works great. Free at last! Free at last! To all who worked on this thank you so much.

  22. #20
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGod View Post
    Untethered package works great. Free at last! Free at last! To all who worked on this thank you so much.
    Consider a small donation to the one who put in their effort as a token of thanks .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •