Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iOS 7 Jailbreak Story

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by altoiddealer View Post
    I'm very thankful for the Jailbreak. However, it is unfortunate how clumsily it seems to have been released...
    I was thinking the same.

Hopefully they fix it before ios 7.1 rolls out. Im waiting on 6.1.2 jailbreak and im afraid ios 7.1 will be out soon

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

For sure.. Now is the time to buy your 5C or 5S if you've been waiting. Though it's probably quite some time before any new 5C's or 5S' will roll out with 7.1 on them stock… It's still the holiday season and stock will be getting very low today and tomorrow.

Get yer 5S soon..

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    For sure.. Now is the time to buy your 5C or 5S if you've been waiting. Though it's probably quite some time before any new 5C's or 5S' will roll out with 7.1 on them stock… It's still the holiday season and stock will be getting very low today and tomorrow.

Get yer 5S soon..
    I actually just got a 4s, but i still use my ipod 5 a lot because it has more storage than my 4s but once i jailbreak my iphone i probably wont use my iPod as much. Some people can't afford the latest and greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatstastic View Post
    don't say yes especially when you're not 100% sure you're just gonna scare people into thinking their private info on their phone is being accessed by people in china when in fact its not at all
    Are you 100% sure of that? The same principle applies to you as well. The best ANY of us can do is draw our own conclusions based on what we read.

The fact is that unless you are on the evad3rs team or work for TaiG, then none of us are sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainSmashR View Post
    Don't take my word for it, ask ANYONE at your bank if it's a good idea to access your account via ANY wireless device. Likewise, you should be using paypal for online purchases, not your credit/debit card.
    Why would PayPal be any safer than using your credit/debit card? PayPal DOES use either your checking account or your credit/debit card info...doesn't it? Is there another option with PayPal I'm not aware of.
    Last edited by AUZambo; 2013-12-23 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    Can anyone help me but all my tweeks stopped working after I rebooted my phone.
    yeah icon renamer stopped working after I rebooted this morning. also, my notification center doesn't work anymore -- no weather and it won't show calendar info for today or tomorrow.

Oh well, will probably restore and wait for the bugs to get ironed out.

Quote Originally Posted by xWalmartCandyx View Post
    Hopefully they fix it before ios 7.1 rolls out. Im waiting on 6.1.2 jailbreak and im afraid ios 7.1 will be out soon
    "@iH8sn0w: 6.1.3 + 6.1.5 3GS/A4 untether Cydia package is live! http://t.co/KfNUtxpKUN (Thanks to @saurik for hosting!)" Just read this

I have read a lot of bashing and hateful tweets to the Jailbreak Team, I'm at a loss on what happened. I do not think they ever intended for this mess

Don't fool yourselves. Want they did to saurik shows they are money driven *******.

....but then again who isn't !!

I'm cautious about evasi0n7 right now. Even if you're in the US (and not using the Chinese-language version), you're sending encrypted data from your iPhone to China:

https://twitter.com/spangborn/status/414971414874050560

pod2g has admitted that right now he doesn't know what's being sent. Very sketchy :-(
    That and the piracy. This has to be jailbreaking's saddest day.
    Last edited by csglinux; 2013-12-23 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I'm cautious about evasi0n7 right now. Even if you're in the US (and not using the Chinese-language version), you're sending encrypted data from your iPhone to China:

https://twitter.com/spangborn/status/414971414874050560

pod2g has admitted that right now he doesn't know what's being sent. Very sketchy :-(
    That and the piracy. This has to be jailbreaking's saddest day.
    From what I read the whole team is not in on it 100% it may be one member and a big mistake, until the JB is reported clean and working I too say stay away, A lot of things in cydia do not work anyway

The TaiG app this whole mess is probably because TaiG knows it can make 10's of millions with the Apple China deal that just happened there is a potential 500,000,000 customers at least for them
    Last edited by WHUDS; 2013-12-23 at 04:51 PM.

Why are people blaming ModMyI???

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Why would PayPal be any safer than using your credit/debit card? PayPal DOES use either your checking account or your credit/debit card info...doesn't it? Is there another option with PayPal I'm not aware of.
    Because Paypal only has access to the funds you put into their account, not the funds you have in your checking/savings account. Get a clue, man, people don't issue these warning for their safety, it's for YOUR safety.
    As you can see in the image below, paypal doesn't save your banking information, thus hacking paypal doesn't give the "thief" access to your banking information. End of argument
    modmyi.jpg
    Last edited by BrainSmashR; 2013-12-23 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added image

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsquaredson View Post
    I was holding on to 6.1.4 hoping winocm and ih8sn0w would release soon, but when I read this morning I immediately updated and jailbroke. This day just got more confusing and I restored to a clean 7.0.4. While jailbroken I plugged into iExplorer and didn't see root access and I got skeptical. I'm sure it's legit, but I think I'll hold out on the JB to see what Saurik says.
    Paul, you have to install afc2add from Cydia to be able to see your root files with a PC or a Mac...
    Just do a search for it in Cydia.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsquaredson View Post
    While jailbroken I plugged into iExplorer and didn't see root access and I got skeptical.
    You need to install AFC2 from Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    The thing is they/evaders talked about apple and NSA could get your info. What they did is worse They did put a back door in. I don't care about the money what they did is Unforgivable
    See below.

Quote Originally Posted by taliezin View Post
    Source please.

They didn't say that, and there is no backdoor.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

So will we have to download a new version of evasion jailbreak or will they release it through cydia.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinds90 View Post
    So will we have to download a new version of evasion jailbreak or will they release it through cydia.
    Evasi0n is only available through their site. Not from Cydia. The evasi0n untether tool will auto update thru Cydia but not the jailbreak tool itself.

Quote Originally Posted by taliezin View Post
    Source please.

They didn't say that, and there is no backdoor.
    After evasi0n7, your iPhone has a two-way ssh link to China. You just trust the Chinese mafia?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

what I do not understand is how people are upset with ModMyI when they have nothing to do with it? Also there have been people that have been complaining about not getting the jailbreak and complaining it has been taking too long but are now saying "why did they roll it out now? they should have waited until 7.1 release". the conspiracy theory about data being taken from our phones? I will leave that to those people that can prove it because I have always thought that the data can be taken from my phone anytime someone wants to. In this day of hacking into peoples computers and how easy it seems to be, I just assumed the phone would be easier as it is always on line for someone to hack into. Just my 2 cents worth.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bookem15 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2013-12-23)

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

That's the nature of the beast...people want what they can't have and when they finally do get it, it's never good enough.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BrainSmashR For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2013-12-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Ha, now it is the Chinese mafia. People are so funny. The calm truth is these are assumptions made by people who simply don't know the real truth. There may be a shady backdoor or it may just be a killswitch like they said. People are so worried about their phones but I don't think people responded this way when the government has and does look at our data and records.

Don't want to use the jailbreak then don't but all this Chinese mafia stealing data crap is ridiculous. People last jailbreak were upset because they put up the website almost a week ahead of time to generate ad revenue. Who cares if they make money, they should. We leverage our skills all the time to secure a job or get a raise and I don't see how this is any different. Even Apple just announced a deal with China this weekend, where is the public outcry and accusations of Apple being in bed with the Chinese Mafia. lol
    Last edited by Krima; 2013-12-23 at 06:12 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

bbrks (2013-12-23), buggsy2 (2013-12-23), NewD (2013-12-23)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast