Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iOS 7 Jailbreak Story

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Not anymore. Lone jail breakers are a thing of the past. It takes teams to jail break these days and forward. No more jailbreakme.coms... Relic of history. Fun while it lasted.
    It is a thing of the past because things move faster with a team. Even if a team came up with a Jailbreak they charged for another team would come out with a free one. Don't doubt individuals though. GeoHot is still around and I wouldn't be surprised if he released a free Jailbreak if a paid one came out. Maybe another young hacker surprises everyone with one. If someone released a real Jailbreak that cost money it would get ugly quickly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    That's an absurd statement. If you've ever used your phone to check your bank account or buy something on Amazon/Ebay (which A LOT of responsible phone users do) then there's quite a lot out there to be had by someone with questionable morals and access to the information.
    Don't take my word for it, ask ANYONE at your bank if it's a good idea to access your account via ANY wireless device. Likewise, you should be using paypal for online purchases, not your credit/debit card.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin6006 View Post
    It is a thing of the past because things move faster with a team. Even if a team came up with a Jailbreak they charged for another team would come out with a free one. Don't doubt individuals though. GeoHot is still around and I wouldn't be surprised if he released a free Jailbreak if a paid one came out. Maybe another young hacker surprises everyone with one. If someone released a real Jailbreak that cost money it would get ugly quickly.
    This is a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin6006 View Post
    A recorded phone call on reddit between geohot and another dev showed he wanted to charge per user for the jailbreak. The days of free or for the good of the community is long gone.

If it took a team of the 4-5 best devs we have 3-4 months, there is no one 1 person who could do it any quicker these days. Again, gone are the jailbreakme getting tossed up in 2 days.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stulaw11 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2013-12-23)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

That the team didn't say anything about all this until after the fact, that doesn't seem weird to anyone? The fact that Saurik told them months ago this Chinese taig or whatever was pirating apps and it was shady and they ignored him yes ignored him I mean c'mon man. People are like you should be happy yay jailbreak but dude any suspicion or whatever they get from us is their own fault. They could have easily diffused all this by telling everyone about it when the jailbreak dropped and not waiting until someone caught it...it just seems weird man.

Thanks for putting all the info together, Kyle. This week should be an interesting one to say the least.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Thanks for putting all the info together, Kyle. This week should be an interesting one to say the least.
    Holy crap, who is this guy? Long time no see King.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (2013-12-23)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Holy crap, who is this guy? Long time no see King.
    Ha! I lurk in the alleys but am always around. Just living the crazy life...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Nice to see you post, believe it or not... you've been missed my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Ha! I lurk in the alleys but am always around. Just living the crazy life...
    Likewise bro. How ya been & it's been a long time as well as said by blkcadi.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Nice to see you post, believe it or not... you've been missed my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by riassan View Post
    Likewise bro. How ya been & it's been a long time as well as said by blkcadi.
    Thanks guys! I've been good, life just caught up to me and haven't had a chance to post in a while. I'll make it a point to stop in more frequently in the future.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

^Good to hear, Peace brother... One love.

Wow. A lot of comments on this article.

Hey guys need some help here, I was waiting for a iOS7 JB from long ( idk why :P ) and when today i saw it came out i quickly jailbreaked my iPhone .. everything went smooth . Then after my iphone was jailbreaked I did'nt know what to do ? Nothing is really compatible with iOS7 ATM .. so i went to check what was working and came here and saw this .. all the comments about our information being shared with chinese company (or govt? did'nt read full comments ) is that true? moreover Saurik saying this is'nt final build of cydia .. Do you think i should keep the jailbreak or restore to 7.0.4 and wait till everything gets sorted? What do you suggest ?
    Thanks

The thing is they/evaders talked about apple and NSA could get your info. What they did is worse They did put a back door in. I don't care about the money what they did is Unforgivable
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sakyr's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys need to stop with your ignorance no data is being taken from your phone.... The only thing it install Ina Chinese computer or iPhone is a Chinese version on cydia/store.

I went to the process with my friends PC (he's Chinese) and I found no malicious code on the phone whatsoever and I work as a security IT nothing is taken from your phone I ran multiple tools and couldn't find anything wrong with this jailbreak so just stop it already...

You guys should just enjoy this and stop this meaningless drama. You don't like this jailbreak, here's an easy solution stay away from it and go bother some other forum about your conspiracy theories.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sakyr For This Useful Post:

bbrks (2013-12-23), LittleGod (2013-12-23)

Lol, and this is why I dont use twitter. Useless thing cant even put a message across, has to post 1012391823098 tweets.
    mod edit/links removed

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    The thing is they/evaders talked about apple and NSA could get your info. What they did is worse They did put a back door in. I don't care about the money what they did is Unforgivable
    Source please.

They didn't say that, and there is no backdoor.

Can anyone help me but all my tweeks stopped working after I rebooted my phone.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast