Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your iOS 7.x iDevice with evasi0n 7

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Can someone confirm Zephyr? Thanks
    Not ready. Nothing is.

So far the only thing I got to kind of work is bytafont. And it only changes the font in older apps like this one and the web browser and Facebook. Haven't really seen too many others it has worked with. No other tweak or cydia app has worked for the 5s.
    It's a phone, let's talk about guns.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    Anyone know what tether app will work on a 5s. iTether says its not compatible.
    They all say that, or more precisely, they're not for the iOS version installed. But that's different from saying they definitely are incompatible and won't work. MyWi, for instance, does seem to work and no charge from the 6.0 version I bought before.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Not ready. Nothing is.
    Really, you tried every JB app with every iDev? Some do work, the majority probably not.
    Last edited by buggsy2; 2013-12-23 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    They all say that, or more precisely, they're not for the iOS version installed. But that's different from saying they definitely are incompatible and won't work. MyWi, for instance, does seem to work and no charge from the 6.0 version I bought before.

Really, you tried every JB app with every iDev? Some do work, the majority probably not.
    I've tried about half of them listed at iDeviceBlogger. as compatible.. None are. And if a tweak doesn't work on 1 device it won't work on any. Tweaks are by and large firmware specific - not device specific.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Can someone confirm Zephyr? Thanks
    Zephyr will not work as you can't upgrade the essentials .

I got ifile working, it wont register though but sure works.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    iPhone 5 GSM worked fine (Had to do it twice as first time Cydia had some issues - 2nd time perfect)

iPad 2 Wifi 16GB Not working. Tried 3 times with restore from iTunes and all. Does everything, gets to the Reading kernel etc and then goes into a boot loop.

I gave up trying to JB my iPad 2. Will wait for an update to Evasi0n.
    iPhone 5 (iOS 7 JB) - Macbook PRO 13.3 10.9 - Core2Quad Windows 7

Anybody having problems opening evasion on Mac OS X 10.6.8 ???

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Zephyr will not work as you can't upgrade the essentials .
    Oh really? It will never work?? I'd hate to have to start double clicking for app switcher

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

I've tried about half of them listed at iDeviceBlogger. as compatible.. None are. And if a tweak doesn't work on 1 device it won't work on any. Tweaks are by and large firmware specific - not device specific.
    You tried half, so therefore "none work" LOL. and you're simply wrong about the many combinations of devices. MyWi works on my AT&T i5, but doesn't on this guy's Verizon phone. To say "nothing is [ready]" is flat wrong and just spreads more FUD.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    Tetherme says not compatible. and MyWi didn't seem to work for me on verizon.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Same here, only one I found that works is "ReSpring". mrp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Same here, only one I found that works is "ReSpring". mrp
    I heard iFile works. Haven't tested. Thx for report!

EDITED- iFile works.. Just don't hit Register. That's dead.
    Last edited by NewD; 2013-12-23 at 07:42 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2013-12-24)

Default not able to restore my iphone after ios 7 jailbreak
    Hello, I have an iphone 4 gsm running ios 7.0.4 i recently jailbroke my iphone uing the evasi0n 7 jailbreak. i tried to open cydia but it wouldnt so i powered down my iphone and restarted it to see if that would help. it didnt help. Now i dont have most of my apps. what i mean by this is all the apps i have purchased are still on my iphone but the apps like settings and music and imessage etc are all gone. i tried to restore it through itunes but it keeps saying i have to turn off "find my iphone". I cant do that on my iphone because there is no settings app. So i went to find my iphone online and tried to remove my iphone from "find my iphone", but the link wasnt there. Is there any way that i can backup my iphone or at least get my apps back? Please help.

The mods might want to edit out iPhone 3GS from the above post. I think 6.1.3 was the last version for the 3GS.
    Besides... iOS7 works like s**t on the iPhone 4... very slow... I hope someone sues apple for that!! lol

Gonna be upgrading my 4S to 7.0.4 tonight. Thank you so much JB Team.

Hello, I have an iphone 4 gsm running ios 7.0.4 i recently jailbroke my iphone uing the evasi0n 7 jailbreak. i tried to open cydia but it wouldnt so i powered down my iphone and restarted it to see if that would help. it didnt help. Now i dont have most of my apps. what i mean by this is all the apps i have purchased are still on my iphone but the apps like settings and music and imessage etc are all gone. i tried to restore it through itunes but it keeps saying i have to turn off "find my iphone". I cant do that on my iphone because there is no settings app. So i went to find my iphone online and tried to remove my iphone from "find my iphone", but the link wasnt there. Is there any way that i can backup my iphone or at least get my apps back? Please help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dougal22 View Post
    iPhone 5 GSM worked fine (Had to do it twice as first time Cydia had some issues - 2nd time perfect)

iPad 2 Wifi 16GB Not working. Tried 3 times with restore from iTunes and all. Does everything, gets to the Reading kernel etc and then goes into a boot loop.

I gave up trying to JB my iPad 2. Will wait for an update to Evasi0n.
    I guess I won't bother trying again with my iPad 2. Did a restore on Sunday night but really don't want to go through all the hassle of restoring the device again.

iPhone 5S on 7.0.4

FYI: took almost an hour to go past "configure 2/2." But with patience, it completed. No OTA ever on this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by danman2_2999 View Post
    iPhone 5S on 7.0.4

FYI: took almost an hour to go past "configure 2/2." But with patience, it completed. No OTA ever on this phone.
    how's it running on the 5s?

I'm going to wait until the bugs are fixed, but I wanted to ask an iphone 5s' owner's opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by joe2075 View Post
    Anybody having problems opening evasion on Mac OS X 10.6.8 ???
    If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can't be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose 'Open.' On the ensuing dialogue box, choose 'Open' as well.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2013-12-24)

f.lux works fine and so does FolderCloser. Icon Renamer works, but it resprings to safe mode every time. Then you respring out of safe mode and your icon is renamed. A pain, but it works. Haven't tried much of anything else.

edit: forgot -- SwipeSelection works, too, thank god. Can't live without it.
    Last edited by novadam; 2013-12-23 at 11:35 AM.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast