Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your iOS 7.x iDevice with evasi0n 7

If this TaiG rumor deal whatever is true this won't be good for the jailbreak community especially if piracy is involved, just one more reason for Apple to make it illegal
    dont you hate it when someones signature looks like someones post?

what a game

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cookbenj For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2013-12-24)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanymACK View Post
    Jailbreak on my iPad 3 on 7.0.4 was successful, Thanks!
    Save your SHSH blobs, you should be good

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Not from what I'm reading. Check with Jato.. He doesn't think so either. I know the literature at evasi0n says 7.x.. but that's likely a typo.. Should have said 7.0.x.. Hope I'm wrong... But Apple will surely patch the exploits from this JB before they release the GM of 7.1.
    According to iClarified yes, for now it is possible to jailbreak the latest betas 7.1

From iClarified...

"evasi0n 7 as it is called, supports all iOS devices running iOS 7 (including the latest 7.1 betas). All iOS 6 users are free to upgrade to iOS 7 now, however this release has even caught saurik (Jay Freeman) the maintainer of Cydia off guard as he claims Cydia has not been tested thoroughly and Mobile Substrate do not work correctly. So all of our favorite tweaks probably do not work yet. As always, please backup your device first."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2013-12-24)

I'm staying on 6.1.2 until I actually need a new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by alexwallis View Post
    Hi, although this release is welcome,
    has nobody stopped to wonder why now? your all so keen to get your hands on the jailbreak, with the release of 7.1 coming soon it seems very strange that the jailbreak is out now.
    I can think of two possible reasons for the release at this time, either the community has put so much pressure on the team they have decided to release now, and burn there exploits.
    It seems obvious to me that this means there will be no jailbreak for 7.1, which is a shame, I would have been quite happy to wait for 7.1 but it seems to me the community is greedy and keeps saying I want this now without thinking why it is better to wait.
    Either way I am quite sure we won't be getting a release for 7.1 and who knows maybe the release now means this is the last jailbreak for ios we will see.
    The second reason I can think of is maybe some or all of the team has been hired by apple in which case again no more jailbreak.
    Stop being a drama queen. No we might not get a 7.1 JB but we've got one now. Yeah, they probably burnt an exploit putting this out but if they wait for 7.1 then what? You or someone else complain that they should of waited till 7.1.1? They released it, stop complaining and be happy that the new devices are finally JB'd.

And your comment about this being the last jailbreak EVER FOREVER THAT THE WHOLE WORLD WILL EVER SEE FOR EVER AND EVER AND EVER(!!!) chillax bro.

Here's a third reason for release at this time: to give the community a damn good Christmas present. We've gotten so used to the idea that they've got exploits but they're holding out till this release or that release hit that there really isn't a perfect time to release it ever.

Anyways, happy holidays bro, just relax.

Just donated $15

Quote Originally Posted by excelite View Post
    was about to post the same....

here are some links:

saurik quote:
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6950300

and the followup with pics of the chinese part in it:
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6950619

would be nice to have the main article updated with a warning about the chinese code included!
    This is screwdup.
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been in the jailbreaking scene since firmware 1.0.2 and I never seen so many people crying because Evad3rs in this case, released the jailbreak too soon and didnt wait for the next iOS. I guess because now we have lots of new users that don't know what they are talking about. It's just crazy.

app doenst open on my mac ;/ says i need curl v7 how do i even update that?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    This is screwdup.
    Guess we're safe in America ..

says i got version 6.0 -_-

Why worry about 7.1 ? The readme says it works on 7.1b so some comments about 7.1 patching the exploit seem wrong. At leadt for the beta verion. Enjoy everyone, and happy new year.

i bought iPhone 4s from someone and now i updated to io7 and it say Apple ID and Password.i cannot install jailbreak until i dont Bypass this Apple ID shiit.Please tell me if there is any way arround ?

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Guess we're safe in America ..
    Well seems like your wrong...

People on reddit report that the chinese stuff gets installed anyway, it just doesnt' show up on the screen...

Btw, here is the official statement:

Letter to the Community

In short: they released an unfinished jb just to be ahead of saurik and his guys and cash in on the chinese...

However, i' ll stay away from evader software from now on and wait for the "clean" jb to be released...

Thanks

when you read the evad3rs explanation you get the sense to release was a business move. Either way, hopefully their good friend Suraik can get Cydia caught up and all of us can reap what others have sowed.

Quote Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
    Stuck at Apple logo after it was completed....
    *Same. It would do that and restart, never getting to log in. This was on an iPad 2 wifi. Anyhow, i put it in DFU and am in the process of restoring/updating. I'll give it antoher go at 7.0.4, if that doesnt work, **** it, its not like there are many functional tweaks yet anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    I have been in the jailbreaking scene since firmware 1.0.2 and I never seen so many people crying because Evad3rs in this case, released the jailbreak too soon and didnt wait for the next iOS. I guess because now we have lots of new users that don't know what they are talking about. It's just crazy.
    I don't care about that, but if it's sending data from my phone to some Chinese company, I'd like to know (1) what it's sending, and (2) why it's doing that.

ModMyI has been noticeably silent on this. I would have expected an article by now, given that any time a JB dev farts, they write an article about it. But nothing on this so far.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Jailbreak's pretty useless at this point.. But it will get better.. May just take a while.. Hang in there..

Cydia disappeared in my iPhone 4 after I clicked in it for first time.. Anyone have this happen?

I'm going to preface this comment by admitting that I don't know a whole lot about programming, coding, etc. I've been jailbreaking my iPhones for about 3 years now.

That said, I was STAY AWAY FROM THIS JAILBREAK! I'm reading a shitload of sketchy things about this Chinese company evasi0n is in cahoots with. Go to iOS Jailbreak (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch!). Even if you are jailbreaking an English device, the Chinese components are still installed and there is strong speculation that it is uploading users' private data to iphonespirit.com. Not only that but piracy of some sort has also been found in this new jailbreak...which the evad3rs specified to the Chinese group NOT to include. If they lied about this part, what else are they lying about? In my opinion, they've already shown they cannot be trusted.

This scares the crap out of me...and I'm glad I read all 10 pages on modmyi.com before jailbreaking. This just seems uber-sketchy to me.

Editing in some more links:
    Evad3rs Letter to the Community
    Last edited by AUZambo; 2013-12-22 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Jailbreak's pretty useless at this point.. But it will get better.. May just take a while.. Hang in there..

Cydia disappeared in my iPhone 4 after I clicked in it for first time.. Anyone have this happen?
    same thing happened to my son's 4S. had to restore and rejailbreak.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast