Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T CEO: Subsidized Smartphone Prices Will Have to Come to An End Some Day

They want to charge full price for the phone with a 2 year contract. That's what they want.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pepsolman For This Useful Post:

hemptation (2013-12-12)

No way on hell am I paying full price for a phone.

People just won't upgrade every year,apple will loose money

As long as there is competition he will not be able to do it. Too high risk move.

Ever try calling att to cancel your plan ? They drop their pants and bend over backwards to keep you.

I wouldn't take what he said to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by kosher1 View Post
    As long as there is competition he will not be able to do it. Too high risk move.

Ever try calling att to cancel your plan ? They drop their pants and bend over backwards to keep you.

I wouldn't take what he said to heart.
    I remember when I tried canceling. I was immediately hit across the face with sales tactics & discount offers.. It's a joke. They want business, I get it. IMO, that's just desperation.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrLingerLonger View Post
    No way on hell am I paying full price for a phone.
    You are already, you're paying your carrier $15 extra a month to pay off your "subsidiary". That's why you can't get a smartphone without a Data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by stolenpentium View Post
    If this happens, many subscribers will jump ship to tmobile/metro.
    Haha good joke. T-mobile uses AT&T towers in my area. I bet it's the same case for majority of the people in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    You are already, you're paying your carrier $15 extra a month to pay off your "subsidiary". That's why you can't get a smartphone without a Data plan.
    Yup. They force you to have a data plan. Even if you aren't under contract. It's extremely stupid because people like my grandma don't want to pay data because they have wifi to get their internet on.

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    This guy's an eff'n idiot! He'll tank AT&T b4 it's over with which I don't care about because I'm sure they'll end my grandfathered unlimited plan eventually. The coverage is crap when it's crap and it's crap in a lot more places than Verizon! I'm counting on Verizon not giving two [email protected] what this guy does and keeps the structure in place. I'm gone if that day comes.

I'm wondering if this guy's a victim of his own marketing department. Ridiculous!
    Verizon is doing the same exact thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12