Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pfizer Backing Away from BlackBerry for iPhone and Android

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Pfizer Backing Away from BlackBerry for iPhone and Android

Despite a recent infusion of cash and a new interim CEO, BlackBerry continues to combat a seemingly endless barrage of bad news and the loss of loyalty among longtime BlackBerry customers.

The latest former BlackBerry-backer to back away from the Canadian smartphone maker is Pfizer.

One of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies has "told BlackBerry users to switch to an iPhone or Android handset when their wireless contract next permits an upgrade." According to AllThingsD, Pfizer cites BlackBerry’s “volatile state” as the reason for this encouragement.

“We simply recommended to colleagues who have BlackBerry's that they use their BlackBerry devices and … migrate to a new device at the normal contract expiration,” a representative for Pfizer tells AllThingsD.

Although it isn't known how many BlackBerry devices are used by Pfizer employs, the employees 90,000 people.

Source: AllThingsD

Considering the nearly $4 million they reported (How much did they not report?) spending on lobbying, 33% of revenue on SG&A, or sales, general and administrative expenses (that category includes lots more than sales spending, executive salaries, for instance) and a mere 14% on R&D I'm guessing that a gigantic percentage of those 90K people are sales/reps. I'm sure they do it all for the love of humanity, And they don't drop "less profitable" Research because of the fewer number of people that are dying from it every year And we all know this is capitalism, and the free-market, and whatever blah blah blah. 'Mericah!

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Considering the nearly $4 million they reported (How much did they not report?) spending on lobbying, 33% of revenue on SG&A, or sales, general and administrative expenses (that category includes lots more than sales spending, executive salaries, for instance) and a mere 14% on R&D I'm guessing that a gigantic percentage of those 90K people are sales/reps. I'm sure they do it all for the love of humanity, And they don't drop "less profitable" Research because of the fewer number of people that are dying from it every year And we all know this is capitalism, and the free-market, and whatever blah blah blah. 'Mericah!
    Hopefully they will one day invent a pill to help people grow a brain and stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    Hopefully they will one day invent a pill to help people grow a brain and stay on topic.
    Yah, sorry... Couldn't help it.