Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Developing Larger iPhones with Curved Screens and Enhanced Touch Sensors

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

that concept art is fugly. i'm all for a bigger screen as long as its both taller and wider!

Quote Originally Posted by 8lias View Post
    Samsung has already built one. Next rumor please.
    Samsung announces Galaxy Round with 5.7-inch curved display | Digital Trends

Images gotta be old, look at the iOS they're using. And what's the obsession with a bigger screen anyways? It's not going to change the experience much if the os isn't updated to better suit it. Why not make better use of the space with better menu systems available on all screens? I have a feeling a lot of you are going to get exactly what you asked for. A bigger iPhone 5s and nothing more. Then the complaints will come rolling in how it wasn't innovative enough...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd buy it. But I'd wait till iPhone 6S. The iPhone 5 I have is really an awesome device.

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    And let the rumors begin
    +1

Thanks

Yeah...that looks stupid..I wouldn't buy it!

I think the screen curve technology will be used on their new iwatch. But I'm definitely eagerly waiting for a larger phone.

If they do build a curved phone, it would be better if the screen was concave instead of convex.. like that Samsung phone. If it was curved like in the concept picture, my fingers would slide off the sides all the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I think the screen curve technology will be used on their new iwatch. But I'm definitely eagerly waiting for a larger phone.
    Your avatar freaks me out!!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    If they do build a curved phone, it would be better if the screen was concave instead of convex.. like that Samsung phone. If it was curved like in the concept picture, my fingers would slide off the sides all the time.
    Agreed! But now it'd just look like copying, despite its usefulness...

BTW, I bought a case last year that came in the same packaging design

Last edited by thazsar; 2013-11-11 at 02:37 PM.

I'm also patiently waiting for a larger iphone, although I don't know how a curved screen will play out especially for video, It . The G Note Is a nice medium between phone and tablet, Samsung sold 5 million note 3's in the first month. Apple Is missing out on that market.

Judging by the ridiculous prototype that will never EVER be mass-produced and the old iOS version, I’d say this is some old crappy Ps work someone made for fun a while back and now Bloomberg is using it to boost slumping pageviews or something.

All I can think is, why am I not trying to be a tech writer for some major news outlet? All they do is dream up ridiculous ideas for rumors, tag on “sources familiar with…” or something similar and you have yourself a story that will get tons of hits!

They’re like weathermen. They’re hardly ever right and when they are it’s mostly dumb luck and sheer amount of tries!

So someone else says they are making curved screens so now Apple have to do it. Pathetic. They dont have an original thought ever, everything they do is though of from someone else first then Apple steal their idea and sue the original creator.

It doesn't matter what they do with the hardware as now the software totally sucks and will rruin any hardware so the only people that will buy it are the Apple fanboys.
    The iPhone is now dead and no longer interesting. I dont know anyone with one anymore as nobody wants it and everyone that had one hates Apple now and are really happy with their Androids.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the idea of a 4.7" iphone

I literally just lmao! I can't believe these even get posted. Hilarious. That looks like the new iPhone flask! Ha! Stupid.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    So someone else says they are making curved screens so now Apple have to do it. Pathetic. They dont have an original thought ever, everything they do is though of from someone else first then Apple steal their idea and sue the original creator.

It doesn't matter what they do with the hardware as now the software totally sucks and will rruin any hardware so the only people that will buy it are the Apple fanboys.
    The iPhone is now dead and no longer interesting. I dont know anyone with one anymore as nobody wants it and everyone that had one hates Apple now and are really happy with their Androids.
    You seem to be way too emotionally invested in the phone choices of other people.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

But to have a screen size the same as the Samsung Galaxy would be a big step forward!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albut For This Useful Post:

hogcia (2013-11-11), pkmaximum (2013-11-11)

Curved displays are totally useless in my opinion, at least on a smartphone. Now if they could make a phone with a larger screen and an edge-to-edge display like the sharp phone then that would be sexy.

A curved display on a watch however would actually make a lot of sense just by the simple fact that the human wrist has a natural curvature to it.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    This is bs. Not only would apple not copy an unnecessary feature, but it's ridiculous that these writers believe sources saying apple is starting to develop for the next year NOW. You should realize how companies develop technology at least 3 years previous to its release. Also apple wouldn't risk a curved screen, first it's already been done, second it's an unnecessary risk of it's like-ability, and third it doesn't help at all. They would be attacked like crazy for copying someone with a needless feature.
    lol, so apple only copies useful features. lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post

+1
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 2013-11-11 at 06:43 PM.

I heard they took Steve jobs brain out of his body and hooked him up to a super iApple computer that is currently running the entire company Lol

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Judging by the ridiculous prototype that will never EVER be mass-produced and the old iOS version, I’d say this is some old crappy Ps work someone made for fun a while back and now Bloomberg is using it to boost slumping pageviews or something.

All I can think is, why am I not trying to be a tech writer for some major news outlet? All they do is dream up ridiculous ideas for rumors, tag on “sources familiar with…” or something similar and you have yourself a story that will get tons of hits!

They’re like weathermen. They’re hardly ever right and when they are it’s mostly dumb luck and sheer amount of tries!
    Ure funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    I won't believe this, there were reports that the iPhone 5 was supposed to be curved too. A generation after that and still no curved screen. I don't see the benefit to a curved screen.
    The benefit is that you can completely eliminate the bezel on the sides, exactly like you would have to do to market a larger screen as still being pocket-able. Rumors were already that there would be no/minimal bezel. This is confirmation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast