Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Your Instagram Feeds Will Soon Show You Video and Photo Ads

Default Your Instagram Feeds Will Soon Show You Video and Photo Ads

On Thursday, Instagram announced that soon all United States-based users’ photo and video feeds will begin showing ads from pages that the user does not follow. Being that the social networking service was acquired by Facebook last year, this isn't much of a surprise.

According to the social networking service, their plan is to make the ads seem as non-obtrusive as possible. The ads will appear just like any other picture or video in your feed whether you follow the page or not, and you can scroll right past them if you want to.

In addition, if a user sees an ad that they don't approve of, they'll be able to hide the ad and even offer feedback to Instagram.

But as any Instagram user knows, you can certainly tell what’s an ad and what’s not from a glance. Many people follow specific pages intended for a specific kind of hobby or theme. Others, just follow their friends.

So for now... just enjoy your ad-free Instagram feeds while you still have a chance. We'll see how it goes when the time comes.

Sources: Instagram

Sean Parker: "You don't want to ruin it with ads because ads aren't cool."
    Mark Zuckerberg: "Exactly."
    Sean Parker: "It's like you're throwing the greatest party on campus and someone saying it's gotta be over by eleven."

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This guy can't just retire already? You're a billionaire Mark..stop ruining our lives with pointless chit like ads

really this is not going to favor the Insta lovers and i am no different of other forum members expressing the similar concerns like mine are

And how is this supposed to get more people to use your software?
    The more they do the less I want to use it. I dont even have it installed anymore so I dont care but with ads I'm not going to bother installing it anymore. Might as well see if I can cancel my account as its not going to be used anymore. F! Them!

Same as Facebook. I hardly use it anymore as its all screwed up. I use the messenger part and thats about it. Thats probably as there are no ads but as soon as I get ads on messenger thats when I stop using it.

Thanks

I think I'll cancel my account. I can't stand the ad's as I NEVER find them useful.

That's where an Adblock tweak on cydia comes in

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xWalmartCandyx For This Useful Post:

nfsonofgod (2013-10-05)