Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Stores With ZERO iPhone 5S in Gold or Silver, Carriers Same Story

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Default Apple Stores With ZERO iPhone 5S in Gold or Silver, Carriers Same Story

We arrived at the International Mall Apple store here in Tampa, FL at 11pm tonight, to be 31st in line.

A little after midnight, the Apple store manager addressed the line saying they have ZERO gold or silver iPhones in stock. He stated they have plenty of space grey 5S', and all 5C models in stock. No reasons were given for the shortage, although he did say they get shipments in daily and hope to have gold and silver in stock soon.

Rumors have suggested a heavy 5S shortage, explaining the lack of pre-orders for the 5S. Thoughts have pointed to the fingerprint sensor, although the two not in stock are the white ones. Possibly issues there? Tonight's chatter and events seem to confirm the shortages.

Our carrier sources have told similar stories - one of the Tampa corporate ATT stores here had only TEN iPhone 5S TOTAL. At 7pm, three people were already in line. We've seen the same story on Twitter across the country, and other countries have even seen delays up to October for deliveries of iPhone 5S.

Online ordering of the 5S start at midnight PST, both on Apple.com and wireless.att.com. Expect delays there for shipping, as it seems supply is well under demand for this launch.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2013-09-20 at 07:06 AM.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

got my 5S in Japan and they said the same thing. Also 1 month wait for 16GB models. Only Grey available in 32 and 64 GB opening day......

I'm sitting outside Verizon right now in MN, currently I see a ton of 5s' inside on the ground and a ton of 5c's. Can't tell which color 5s' although I'll be extremely upset if there is no gold here especially in 64 gb... So far I'm the only one in line so if there is I'll definitely be getting it

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Further info suggests Apple corporate stores may have 10 or less gold/silver in stock. Consumers can buy two per person. First few people in the line may have a chance.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    Further info suggests Apple corporate stores may have 10 or less gold/silver in stock. Consumers can buy two per person. First few people in the line may have a chance.
    Great... If this was to be the case apple should have waited to launch phone until they had more stock, or Atleast not launched in so many countries right away

I see what they are doing. They are trying to force the iPhone 5Crap onto people as that's all that's available. So be happy with being sucked into buying the same device again just a new colour.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Great... If this was to be the case apple should have waited to launch phone until they had more stock, or Atleast not launched in so many countries right away
    Ya totally agree!!! or shouldn't sent what seems like a large quantity of the inventory to China. I know its a big deal, but feel like were getting screwed.

So is it one particular apple store or all apple stores? The titled is a little misleading.

At least Apple will be able to show that the 5S is the most popular iPhone ever by selling out on the first day

Does anybody else notice BestBuy is letting you order 5S and 5C right now and choose store pickup? Ordered mine about 30 mins ago!.

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Nothing towards you at all but isn't that a marketing ploy. They give you just a little bit to keep you hungry for more?

I'm currently standing in the line at the Aberdeen Apple Store (UK) and they're handing out cards so that you know you're getting a phone.
    He said the 'only have space gray left'. When I asked if they ever had other colours, they had a small number of both silver and gold - which the people at the front of the queue snapped up!
    I wanted grey / black anyway, so I'm not fussed.

JUST PAID for my 16 gig gold 5s!!!!!!

Just placed an order for the 5s via apple store app. Will get it between sep 27- oct 1.

And somehow an unlocked 64gb was only $649.

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha! I just ordered my gold 64gb iPhone with Apple online in less than 5 minutes... lines are for suckers!
    The downside is a 19 to 22 day wait for it to get here.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 2013-09-20 at 09:17 AM.

Yawn.... Ya, I just purchased 2 iPhone 5S models, i5s black 32gb & i5s gold 16gb. Both will be sold on eBay, woke up at 3am back in bed by 3:15am. Good night folks. Z Z Z Z z z z . . . .

Undoubtedly the most anti-climactic launch of the most anti-climactic iPhone ever - I'd imagine past or future. Apple will pay for this .... unless they do something remarkable with the i-6, like introducing a range of size options. One cruddy upgrade (i-5) you can get away with, but two in succession ?
    You'd better make the i-6 something very special or you're gunna get laughed at and dumped in a hurry, Apple.

I was waiting at 3am Eastern time and kept hitting refresh. It finally went to the store around 3:04am and it did say 1-3 days. I chose the Gold 64gb and within a minute going to the next screen to put my credit card info in, that changed to 7-10 days. Oct. 8-11 delivery date. I ordered 2 of the gold. 64 and 32gb by 3:12am. I don't understand why people wait in line for days and some will have to get colors they don't even have yet. I am waiting to activate them anyway. I love the jailbreak features way to much on my iPhone 5.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justin9825 View Post
    Does anybody else notice BestBuy is letting you order 5S and 5C right now and choose store pickup? Ordered mine about 30 mins ago!.
    Yep! I just ordered a Gold 5S 64GB which says I can pick it up at a BB store in FORT WORTH by my work! Fingers-crossed this actually happens! Patiently waiting for an email, now....

How many in line at international mall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast