Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Stores With ZERO iPhone 5S in Gold or Silver, Carriers Same Story

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

got my order in for the silver. ships in 1-3 days, be here sep 27 - oct 1. I'll take that over waiting in line all night and possibly not even getting the silver. ordering from apple online seems to be the way to go, checked at&t at the same time and it said ships in 7-14 days.

ordered my gold 32g tonight too. wont be here until oct 8th

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Nothing towards you at all but isn't that a marketing ploy. They give you just a little bit to keep you hungry for more?
    The problem is they have too little in stock, the sole fact that they barely have 2 out of the 3 colors says a lot. If they had it readily available to the first like 20 customers and then colors started to dwindle it would make sense, but by already have the wait times pushed back so far I can guarantee a lot of customers are going to cancel orders just because it is not worth the wait.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I'm sitting outside Verizon right now in MN, currently I see a ton of 5s' inside on the ground and a ton of 5c's. Can't tell which color 5s' although I'll be extremely upset if there is no gold here especially in 64 gb... So far I'm the only one in line so if there is I'll definitely be getting it
    I can warn people now that just like the iPhone 5 from day 1, you could not get a 64gb model ANYWHERE except online, some Apple stores, and ONLY carrier flagship stores. The only 64gb i5 (in black only, which is what I wanted) in ALL of Chicago was at the AT&T flagship store on Michigan Ave & Ontario (right smack downtown) and they only had 3 devices months after release. I called all around Chicago and suburbs to Apple stores, AT&T, Verizon, and sprint (which never had anything but 16gb models in mostly white) and they all told me the same thing. They don't carry the 64gb and little 32gb.

Not exactly sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I can warn people now that just like the iPhone 5 from day 1, you could not get a 64gb model ANYWHERE except online, some Apple stores, and ONLY carrier flagship stores. The only 64gb i5 (in black only, which is what I wanted) in ALL of Chicago was at the AT&T flagship store on Michigan Ave & Ontario (right smack downtown) and they only had 3 devices months after release. I called all around Chicago and suburbs to Apple stores, AT&T, Verizon, and sprint (which never had anything but 16gb models in mostly white) and they all told me the same thing. They don't carry the 64gb and little 32gb.

Not exactly sure why.
    I'm at one of Verizon's flagship stores here in the twin cities. And I'm first in like so hopefully they have one. At this point it doesn't matter what color I just want a 64Gig 5s in any color. Do you think best buy would have them? Because there is a best buy about 200 yards from this Verizon store which currently does not have anyone in line over there either

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I'm at one of Verizon's flagship stores here in the twin cities. And I'm first in like so hopefully they have one. At this point it doesn't matter what color I just want a 64Gig 5s in any color. Do you think best buy would have them? Because there is a best buy about 200 yards from this Verizon store which currently does not have anyone in line over there either
    Best buy is said to be taking orders online with in store pick up.
    Last edited by Venom1234; 2013-09-20 at 11:09 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Best buy is said to be taking orders online with in store pick up.
    Exactly. Best Buy never had any of the 64gb phones either. My wife got a S4 and they only carried the 16gb models not 32 so I would think they wouldn't have any. IF you're actually at the flagship Verizon that'll be your best bet for your carrier or Apple itself. Good luck.

PS. After you purchase your iPhone take it to best but within 14 days of purchase and get the Geek Squad protection for 10$ a month instead of AT&T insurance. Apple devices are the ONLY devices best buy will let you bring in purchased from another retailer within 14 days of purchase and get the protection. IT LITERALLY COVERS A FULL REPLACEMENT FOR ANYTHING HAPPENING TO YOUR PHONE (even if you get pi$$ed and throw it and even tell them that you did lol).
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 2013-09-20 at 11:16 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Well have to say I'm surprised! Came by a Corp ATT store (11pm) and no line yet. So my mom and I are first ones here. She's getting her 1st iPhone and wants a gold 64GB. I'm debating in white or grey 64GB. Good to know that being first in line? If they do have a gold one for my mom, she'll be able to get it!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Me too, I'm the only one here at AT&T, color is not a big deal for me, but if they have it in gold, I'll get it.

My upgrade isn't until the second of November so hopefully by then Gold stock arrives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    My upgrade isn't until the second of November so hopefully by then Gold stock arrives.
    Prob safe bet by then

Still can't believe its 3:30am here and still the only ones here. No one else???

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

We are two here now, it's 5:40am

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Lol crazy! CNET is reporting that all 3 size of the gold 5S sold out online in 10 min!

http://m.cnet.com/news/gold-iphone-5...where/57603813

I'm the only one in line at a Verizon kiosk in Scranton Pa. They have 5s 16-64 in both space grey and silver.

Well the Verizon flagship store Im at opens in 30 minutes, I'm 1st In line so if there is any gold 64 I'll be sure to get it. I'll update my post when I find out which color I shall be receiving!

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Nobody showed up to the Verizon store I'm at until 6:30! But it was like everyone had planned on that because 9 people showed up within 10 minutes! Haha

Didn't think the gold model was gonna be a hit.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Didn't think the gold model was gonna be a hit.
    Probably a hit cus it's rare ATM and a new colour. Just like the white was when the 4 was released. ( I would say 3GS but I don't recall there being a huge demand for it on release ).

Also showed up at the AT&T store here in state college pa at 7:30. Was 8th in line. By 8 there was prolly another 40 behind me. Manager said they only got 30 5s in all "space gray" and mostly 16gb no 64gb.

from the Verizon store I was at, they had NO gold 5s in any size (16,32 or 64) you could of had the option to do 2 day overnight shipping. Instead I just went with the 64 gb in silver, which was the only 64 in silver they had in stock

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Has anybody on this thread actually said they're in possession of a gold one?

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh wow an article close to home, I was at the Apple store in the Brandon mall, they had a bunch but I arrived at 9:30 am and picked up the last 16gig space grey for sprint, all other carriers were sold out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast