Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5S Deliveries Delayed Until October in Several Countries

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Just call Apples Store, AT&T store, Verizon or Best Buy - they'll all tell you the same thing. Activation 'in store' - required. You'll see..

Maybe 3-5 months after initial release they relax this.. But not on launch day and in the first few weeks. 5S will all be in-store only.
    I work for AT&T....

And was working on launch day for the 5......

They can walk out the door,with the phone in the box and activate at home with NO issues. It's not recommended because of Apple strict warranty rules once the phone leaves the store though.
    Last edited by Evaded; 2013-09-20 at 03:06 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evaded View Post
    I work for AT&T....

And was working on launch day for the 5......

They can walk out the door,with the phone in the box and activate at home with NO issues. It's not recommended because of Apple strict warranty rules once the phone leaves the store though.
    Then your store manager was very loose with applying the rules from Apple and could have gotten his azz fired for it. Talked to two different ATT Store District Managers today - one a friend - the other I contacted via email.. Both told me since the iP5 - no box leaving stores without activation - period.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Well have to say I'm surprised! Came by a Corp ATT store and no line yet. So my mom and I are first ones here. She's getting her 1st iPhone and wants a gold 64GB. I'm debating in white or grey 64GB. Good to know that being first in line? If they do have a gold one for my mom, she'll be able to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Let me take a poll:

Who here is getting a 64GB Gold ip5S?
    If not, what are you getting?
    Debating on the Black or the White 64Gb.

Thanks

Why are people saying 'black' and 'white'?? I thought there was only Space Gray, Gold and Silver - ALL with a WHiTE front now.. I didn't think there was any all black and all white 5Ses.
    Last edited by NewD; 2013-09-20 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Why are people saying 'black' and 'white'?? I thought there was only Space Gray, Gold and Silver - ALL with a WHiTE front now.. I didn't think there was any all black and all white 5Ses.
    The space grey one is black front, it is almost same as current black i5 except the black on the back is a lighter shade of gray. The silver is the same as current white i5. Then there is the gold one which has a white front too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewD (2013-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The space grey one is black front, it is almost same as current black i5 except the black on the back is a lighter shade of gray. The silver is the same as current white i5. Then there is the gold one which has a white front too.
    Okay so the three 5S varieties for cases are:
    1)Gold side/back and white front
    2)Silver side/back and white front
    3)Space Grey side/back and black front..
    ....????

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Okay so the three 5S varieties for cases are:
    1)Gold side/back and white front
    2)Silver side/back and white front
    3)Space Grey side/back and black front..
    ....????
    Yes. You can go to iPhone 5s - Buy iPhone 5s in 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB - Apple Store (U.S.)
    click on each color.
    Basically color wise all they changed was making back lighter grey on black one and adding gold one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yes. You can go to iPhone 5s - Buy iPhone 5s in 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB - Apple Store (U.S.)
    click on each color.
    Basically color wise all they changed was making back lighter grey on black one and adding gold one.
    Yep.. Just after you wrote your first post to me - I decided just to go to the Apple Store.. I will FOR SURE be getting the 'black' one as I always do. Sets the theme stuff off better when we get jailbreak.. And my phone is always, always covered in case on the back and sides -- so I'd never get to see the gold or silver.. So I'll for sure be picking up a SpaceGrey 32GB when the 'scuttlebutt' dies does of supply problems..

Thx, Simon!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Returned my 64GB Space Grey and got my 64GB Gold today! Best Buy came through and it arrived today. I'm using a clear bumper with a matte front screen protector & (for now) the Apple back screen protector.

Lovin it so much better than the Black/Space Grey!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Simon (2013-09-22)

Thanks

Returned my 64GB Space Grey and got my 64GB Gold today! Best Buy came through and it arrived today. I'm using a clear bumper with a matte front screen protector & (for now) the Apple back screen protector.

Lovin it so much better than the Black/Space Grey!
    Hmm. I'd entirely forgotten about the Apple bumper cases. I love the feeling of a naked iPhone.. But was always too worried about screen breakage. I use InvisiShield by ZAGG for scratch protection and iFrogz Luxe cases.. But a bumper might be a nice change of pace AND solve the problem that many of these phone stands for your car, like GripGo, with a sticky surface, won't hold onto Silicone - which is what 90% of phone cases are made from. Hmmm..

So you think a bumper case provides ample protection from breakage and screen cracking, Thaz?

Thanks

Hmm. I'd entirely forgotten about the Apple bumper cases. I love the feeling of a naked iPhone.. But was always too worried about screen breakage. I use InvisiShield by ZAGG for scratch protection and iFrogz Luxe cases.. But a bumper might be a nice change of pace AND solve the problem that many of these phone stands for your car, like GripGo, with a sticky surface, won't hold onto Silicone - which is what 90% of phone cases are made from. Hmmm..

So you think a bumper case provides ample protection from breakage and screen cracking, Thaz?
    Kinda hard to say. I always use a Seidio holster for my phone so it doesn't fall out of my pocket since I'm usually wearing scrubs. I only recently cracked my first screen and I had a full case on it, at the time.

If you drop your phone a lot, then a bumper might not work for you. If you're cautious about your phone, then it should be sufficient.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

NewD (2013-09-23)

Thanks

Thaz,
    You've had a 5S in your hands several days now. What are the most significant "upgrades" for you over the 5 that make it indispensable for you? I spent 30 minutes with it at Apple Store last night and I'm no longer "in a rush".. But there's only so much you can test in store.

Thanks

Well...I'm pretty simple.

Is it faster than the ip5, yes. Does it 'feel' faster, a little. Camera is pretty cool and appears to take better shots but it's not going to blow your mind! I'm all about TouchID. I am required to have a Passcode so TouchID is huge for me.

Aside from that, I don't see an urgency in getting the 5S. The ip5 is a great phone! I'm sure it runs iOS 7 smoothly so you'd be fine if you waited.

I got the 5S cuz I upgrade annually, but more importantly, because my 4S was driving me nuts! Going back to a 4S after having the ip5 made me appreciate the ip5 a lot more.

Thanks

Well...I'm pretty simple.

Is it faster than the ip5, yes. Does it 'feel' faster, a little. Camera is pretty cool and appears to take better shots but it's not going to blow your mind! I'm all about TouchID. I am required to have a Passcode so TouchID is huge for me.

Aside from that, I don't see an urgency in getting the 5S. The ip5 is a great phone! I'm sure it runs iOS 7 smoothly so you'd be fine if you waited.

I got the 5S cuz I upgrade annually, but more importantly, because my 4S was driving me nuts! Going back to a 4S after having the ip5 made me appreciate the ip5 a lot more.
    Thanks!! I too JUST had our employer turn on that FRIGGING policy switch with Office365 that now REQUIRES me to use a pass code. AAAARGGH!! Having to click 4 numbers every single time I open my phone.. ABSOLUTELY UNTENABLE. Can't stand it. So the fingerprint thing will be awesome.. Though there is a jailbreak tweak called Exchange Policy Remover which is very effective - but it's been interfering with some other tweaks of mine..

One way to get around the Exchange policy is to just forward your work mail to a gmail address.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12