Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 5S won’t have a Pre-Order Period, A Move Hinting at Supply Constraints

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    and that's what I told him... And he said he's positive you can pre order the 5c but not the 5x from best buy... He said that is straight from his manager... I kept asking him if he meant the 5c and he said no he's positive it's the 5s...
    Best Buy, uses "pre-order" by their own definition. It's like a "reservation" for a phone in a particular Best Buy's stock. People who pre- order for Best Buy stock will still suffer lines that day along with all others who "pre-ordered". Pre-order at BB means "reserve store stock" just like you could do at Apple Store when 3GS came out.

What pre-order "doesn't mean" with Best Buy is that any phone will be arriving at your house via FedEx while you're at work on the 20th.. That's what an APPLE pre-order means. Pre-ordering with BB simply assures you of one of their stock in store on the 20th. Nothing more.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Best Buy (and no other store) is pre-ordering the 5S. Confirmed that this morning...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (2013-09-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Best Buy (and no other store) is pre-ordering the 5S. Confirmed that this morning...
    Pre-reserve "stock".. Not a true Pre-order where you get something in mail like with Apple.. You still have to go to store to get it and activate it in store before you leave. Confirmed all this this morning too.. ..

I know it's splitting hairs to parse the word "Pre-order".. But what BB is offering is very different than an Apple Pre-order. Nice "sales ploy" on their part though.. I'll give them that!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123