Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5C Could Be Huge for T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    AT&T grandfathered, so I'm stuck. Would not consider T-Mobile regardless, though, my boy had the i5 on it and in my area (SoCal) it just doesn't compare.

I did almost lose my grandfather just recently, though. Used TetherMe twice an they were already onto that ish, lol.
    They caught you using TetherMe?

Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    Be careful what you are expecting by switching to tmobile. I did and lot of times regret it cause their signal sucks. Numerous timeI had to ask people using att to lend me their phone to make a phone call.
    It also depends on your location.

I live in SoCal and in a particular good coverage area.

Besides, I'm not going to exactly cancel right when my contract ends.

I'm going to try T-Mobile out for some days and test their coverage, lte speeds, etc before finally deciding if I will switch, but it will be highly probable I will

Thanks

AT&T grandfathered, so I'm stuck. Would not consider T-Mobile regardless, though, my boy had the i5 on it and in my area (SoCal) it just doesn't compare.

I did almost lose my grandfather just recently, though. Used TetherMe twice an they were already onto that ish, lol.
    When using TetherMe were you using tons of data? TetherMe and MyWi both send all of the data through the mobile data APN and not the Tethering APN.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
    there's an old saying, "you get what you pay for." my 3 lines at at&t are roughly 60 bucks a month. T-mobile is a better value. Yes it is, there's no denying that. In the same respect, there is a reason why at&t and verizon are more expensive. Because you get what you pay for.

A phone that costs me $10 less per month is incredibly useless to me if i'm missing phone calls and don't have service. Whether it's $10/month or $2000/month, it's a waste of money if it's not functional where you need it to do what it was intended to do. I'll gladly spend $15 more per month and get "ripped off."

if t-mobile works where you need it to work, sign up. By all means, save where you can, when you can. If it doesn't, cough up the money and get something that works ! But don't tell people they're getting ripped off based off how much something costs. If you come to fort hood, tx, i'll tell you that you're getting ripped off by simply never being able to use your phone.
    not everyone has money to waste like your mod edit

Watch your language pal
    Last edited by EVO; 2013-09-10 at 05:32 AM.

You guys have absolutely no idea what a rip off is. I live in Lebanon and we don't have contracts with our carriers but we still pay 10$ for 150 mb or 20$ for 750 mb and each call is .49$

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    When using TetherMe were you using tons of data? TetherMe and MyWi both send all of the data through the mobile data APN and not the Tethering APN.
    My mistake, but my Tethering was still on while my buddies laptop downloaded the whole iOS update for his phone - which is about a Gb. So that probably did it right there. Other thing that I attempted using it on was my Xbox 360, just was curious to see if it would hop online smoothly or not. Took a few weeks but I finally got that letter in the mail, and a text message. Ended up calling them about another issue and it was notated on the account for them to speak with me about it. Of course I acted like a complete un-knowledgeable moron and denied knowing what they were talking about. Told them I stream music through Bluetooth to my car via my Bluetooth car stereo and the lady tried telling me that it was that (LMAO), I played along with it. But now I'm scared to even try touching the whole Tethering thing, as that apparently was my once and final warning before they boot me off my Unlimited.

Any stories of people playing dumb after they got their Unlimited stripped from them and was able to get it back? On AT&T that is.

Thanks

My mistake, but my Tethering was still on while my buddies laptop downloaded the whole iOS update for his phone - which is about a Gb. So that probably did it right there. Other thing that I attempted using it on was my Xbox 360, just was curious to see if it would hop online smoothly or not. Took a few weeks but I finally got that letter in the mail, and a text message. Ended up calling them about another issue and it was notated on the account for them to speak with me about it. Of course I acted like a complete un-knowledgeable moron and denied knowing what they were talking about. Told them I stream music through Bluetooth to my car via my Bluetooth car stereo and the lady tried telling me that it was that (LMAO), I played along with it. But now I'm scared to even try touching the whole Tethering thing, as that apparently was my once and final warning before they boot me off my Unlimited.

Any stories of people playing dumb after they got their Unlimited stripped from them and was able to get it back? On AT&T that is.
    I tethered while at the beach using flasharmyknife and downloaded an iOS 7 beta for my iPad. Didn't get caught but I hadn't used that much data that month otherwise. Guess you were just unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by sami4021 View Post
    not everyone has money to waste like your mod edit

Watch your language pal
    What are you talking about ? At what point did I insulate anything about wasting money ? You make it sound like it was a cheap shot at the less fortunate. I said if you had the money, and t-mobile didn't cover your area...spend the money. That's obvious, and that is all I was stating.

T-Mobile does not cover most military installations and their coverage is awful in Miami. So if I saved money by getting them, I'd never be able to use my phone. Now. THAT would be a waste of money. Paying for something you don't get...service. Be an adult and/or read peoples posts if you're going to comment.

I tethered while at the beach using flasharmyknife and downloaded an iOS 7 beta for my iPad. Didn't get caught but I hadn't used that much data that month otherwise. Guess you were just unlucky.
    That particular month I don't even believe I capped over 3Gb's either, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Very unlucky I suppose. Maybe I'll try calling them again using the knowledgeable persona and request that my warning be lifted as streaming via bluetooth like the lady was convicting me as tethering is in fact not tethering. If that was tethering apps like Pandora would never prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    In the UK I find T-Mobile to be a rip off as Three (3) is the network to be on, who're soon offering 4g LTE with unlimited data for no extra charge on top of your current bill, which I pay about £32 a month for an iPhone 5.
    Depends where you are. Three coverage in NI outside Belfast is dreadful. O2 & Vodafone are the only ones that are feasible. EE are fine, but not outstanding. Im going to wait and see what the three coverage is like

Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
    There's an old saying, "you get what you pay for." My 3 lines at AT&T are roughly 60 bucks a month. T-Mobile is a better VALUE. Yes it is, there's no denying that. In the same respect, there is a reason why AT&T and Verizon are more expensive. Because you get what you pay for.

A phone that costs me $10 less per month is incredibly useless to me if I'm missing phone calls and don't have service. Whether it's $10/month or $2000/month, it's a waste of money if it's not functional where you need it to do what it was intended to do. I'll gladly spend $15 more per month and get "ripped off."

If T-Mobile works where you need it to work, sign up. By all means, save where you can, when you can. If it doesn't, cough up the money and get something that works ! But don't tell people they're getting ripped off based off how much something costs. If you come to Fort Hood, TX, I'll tell you that you're getting ripped off by simply never being able to use your phone.
    Well, the post that I was replying to only spoke to the economics of AT&T versus T-Mobile. From a purely economic standpoint, I maintain that T-Mobile is (as you put it) a better value. Obviously, if you don't get coverage from them, or any carrier, then they aren't the right choice for you. In Washington, my reception has always been great. If not exactly as good as AT&T, then it's pretty darn close and definitely worth the savings.

Switch to Metro PCS…unlimited everything for $40 a month that includes all taxes and government fees. Also there are NO DATA CAPS…plus no contract and they use tmobile towers since being bought out by them. If you activate 2 or more phones the price drops to $35. If you bring your own phone and #, they send you a $100 visa gift card for each…NO BRAINER!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katheikia View Post
    Switch to Metro PCS…unlimited everything for $40 a month that includes all taxes and government fees. Also there are NO DATA CAPS…plus no contract and they use tmobile towers since being bought out by them. If you activate 2 or more phones the price drops to $35. If you bring your own phone and #, they send you a $100 visa gift card for each…NO BRAINER!!!
    You still have to pay full price for the phone. It works out to about $20 a month over a 2yr period.

You still have to pay full price for the phone. It works out to about $20 a month over a 2yr period.
    Yes but look at how much you save every month it's way more than $20 and no contract…and compare it to tmobile where you have to also pay full price for the phone.

Thanks

Yes but look at how much you save every month it's way more than $20 and no contract…and compare it to tmobile where you have to also pay full price for the phone.
    At $40 I would save $10 a month and at $35 I would save $15, neither of which are greater than the $20 a month cost of the phone.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 2013-09-10 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I'll be switching over to T-Mobile's Unlimited Nationwide 4G when my contact ends with AT&T ends at the end of this month..

I cant stand their $30 messaging plan

damn thats crazy i only pay 30 a month on tmo on my ip5 unlimited text, 5gb lte data , but only 100 talk minutes but talkatone fixes that problem.

i have an ip5 on tmo for 30 a month unlimited text 5gb lte data and 100 voice minutes but with talkatone i talk all i want

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nyyankees View Post
    damn thats crazy i only pay 30 a month on tmo on my ip5 unlimited text, 5gb lte data , but only 100 talk minutes but talkatone fixes that problem.

i have an ip5 on tmo for 30 a month unlimited text 5gb lte data and 100 voice minutes but with talkatone i talk all i want
    The $30 messaging plan is for a family plan and covers all phones on that plan (4 phones for me). It also gives you unlimited calling to any mobile on any carrier any time. It's really not that bad. Because of that and free nights and weekends between 4 phones we use about 150 mins a month. I just wish AT&T offered a family voice plan with less than 750 mins.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The $30 messaging plan is for a family plan and covers all phones on that plan (4 phones for me). It also gives you unlimited calling to any mobile on any carrier any time. It's really not that bad. Because of that and free nights and weekends between 4 phones we use about 150 mins a month. I just wish AT&T offered a family voice plan with less than 750 mins.
    When I was last on at&t, I had a family plan with 550 min, but it was only $10 less per month over the next rate plan and was limited to 3 total lines (vs 5 for all other Family plans). The pricing and limitations were probably why it never gained popularity.

I'm not even sure if it's promoted or offered currently.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

At $40 I would save $10 a month and at $35 I would save $15, neither of which are greater than the $20 a month cost of the phone.
    So you have an unlimited everything plan for $50 a month????

Thanks

So you have an unlimited everything plan for $50 a month????
    My bill is $200 for 4 iPhones with unlimited data on all of them, unlimited messaging, unlimited mobile to ANY mobile and 750 mobile to non mobile plus 6000 rollover minutes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast