Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Set to Unveil Next-Gen iPhone on September 10

So I'm thinking they will discontinue iPhone 4/4s and put iPhone 5c in place. And have iPhone 5 ect. Now remember they did buy out a fingerprint scanner under the home button. So I think it will be just like the 4s where Siri was the big feature that is all.

Sooo $490 is now considered cheap?

I'm not getting another iphone until they come out with at least a 5.5 inches screen.
    getting tired of the BS crap from apple!

Quote Originally Posted by koreanmasters99 View Post
    I'm not getting another iphone until they come out with at least a 5.5 inches screen.
    There's no bs. Just because they haven't made a 5.5" screen just like Samsung doesn't mean they have too. Just seems like you need a phone with 5.5"

Yes they will. Confirmed this week by a mobile operator from my contry. Iphone 5 will also be discontinued because of its not so cheap production cost. So iphone 5s and 5c all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    So I'm thinking they will discontinue iPhone 4/4s and put iPhone 5c in place. And have iPhone 5 ect. Now remember they did buy out a fingerprint scanner under the home button. So I think it will be just like the 4s where Siri was the big feature that is all.

I work in a retail store in the U.K and our Apple Rep came in a few weeks ago and was using an Iphone type phone (looked like a 5 and had an Apple logo on it) but on closer inspection we noticed it had no lightning connector on it. As soon as he saw us taking interest in his phone he immediately put it away and would not answer any questions. We've guessed that Apple will be launching wireless charging on the new Iphone.

Just a thought

Jolly

You heard it here first
    Last edited by JollyRogger; 2013-08-11 at 08:18 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JollyRogger For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2013-08-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Stuck with the 3G for 2 years and now a 4 for 2 1/2 years... I really wanna like the next gen... If not I will keep rolling with the 4 until another yet refresh... I might as well wait, if I want to keep my unlimited data I have to pay full price for a phone... Would like to stick with apple... I have a lot of patience and am still satisfied with my super tweaked 4... I keep dreaming of an apple device that comes stock with more than 160gigs... The reason apple has me hooked at all is because of iTunes, iPods and the integral part they have played in the past 10 years of my life... The day my iPhone can locally store every CD I have (like the 160gig iPod did for a few months) and every iTunes purchase, well, then that my friends will be a glorious day for I... Ramble ramble ramble dot dot dot 😎☀🌴...

*Typo for you English critics: another yet should have been typed yet another
    I upgrade my phone every year and don't lose my unlimited, you're being misinformed my friend lol. AT&T over here.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogger View Post
    I work in a retail store in the U.K and our Apple Rep came in a few weeks ago and was using an Iphone type phone (looked like a 5 and had an Apple logo on it) but on closer inspection we noticed it had no lightning connector on it. As soon as he saw us taking interest in his phone he immediately put it away and would not answer any questions. We've guessed that Apple will be launching wireless charging on the new Iphone.

Just a thought

Jolly

You heard it here first
    Idk. I don't believe they give out new unreleased phones to representatives. Although I could be wrong but why piss so many people off with going from a 30 pin connector to a lightning cable to sorry you don't need a cable. That would be screwed up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    For the first time since its debut, I am officially not excited about the next iPhone. Known for incremental updates at this point, there is no WOW factor here. We pretty much know what to expect. I am sure there will be one or two things revealed that we may or may not have been in the know about. Other than that..same phone that is faster and takes better pics. I'll stick with my 5 for now.
    I agree, though if it has that rumored fingerprint scanner, then it'll have a small "WOW factor". Still undecided whether or not I'll get this new iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by koreanmasters99 View Post
    Just because you want a bigger screen doesn't mean that they should do it. Sorry my friend. I for one can't stand some of these bigger phones! I keep my phone in my pocket and with such a huge screen it would get annoying. I love the size of my ip4 and am not super excited about the bigger ip5 screen. If my home button worked I'd keep it for another year. I'm tired of pressing the home button 13 times to get it to close an app!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    If only they'd do a 4.7" iPhone - I'd be so up for it.
    Only then will I upgrade from my beloved i-4.
    I've even stopped upgrading my Android phone, as there's been nothing released that's better than the HTC Evo-3D ... and that came out 2 years ago.
    If I had my own iPhone or HTC skunkworks, I could create phones that would stop Samsung dead in its tracks.
    nothing released that's better than the Evo 3D? lmfao. you cant be serious thinking that the Evo 3D is better than the HTC One let alone the Galaxy S3., S4., Note I & Note II.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure i will fall for it this time I have owned every single iphone to date ... I love my iphone 5 but i feel the iPhone 4S was a hardier construction.. Got a mark on my bezel and I have spent over 120$ on cases and screen protectors ... I bet if I gave it a good look I'd find more ... I like that it finally has enough ram and processing power but the battery life is embarrassing . I had to get my first iphone 5 replaced as the power button was only working on one side then I had to replace my cable because it stopped working apple did a great job with the warranty but I have never had to use a warranty before in my life nevermind twice with the same product.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    Just because you want a bigger screen doesn't mean that they should do it. Sorry my friend. I for one can't stand some of these bigger phones! I keep my phone in my pocket and with such a huge screen it would get annoying. I love the size of my ip4 and am not super excited about the bigger ip5 screen. If my home button worked I'd keep it for another year. I'm tired of pressing the home button 13 times to get it to close an app!!
    I was iffy about it too. But comparing it to iPhone 4. Tiny difference. Never looked back. Now when I hold an iPhone 4 it's really heavy and short

Hmm $649 vs $490 -- Low cost is now $490? If its not $249 or less its not even close to low cost!

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    Hmm $649 vs $490 -- Low cost is now $490? If its not $249 or less its not even close to low cost!
    What prices are you tałking about

After finding out that the i5s was not going to have a bigger screen, I decided to try out the S4. I must admit that the hardware was beautiful along with the screen size, but I just hate android so I'm back on my i5.

I will definitely be upgrading to the i5s. I get an upgrade every single year because I either use my account, or my wife's account to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    If only they'd do a 4.7" iPhone - I'd be so up for it.
    Only then will I upgrade from my beloved i-4.
    I've even stopped upgrading my Android phone, as there's been nothing released that's better than the HTC Evo-3D ... and that came out 2 years ago.
    If I had my own iPhone or HTC skunkworks, I could create phones that would stop Samsung dead in its tracks.
    I agree about the iPhone screen size... A 4.7" - 5.7" iPhone screen would be a game changer. I hate putting my iPhone next to a Galaxy S4 to compare the screen size. Oh well, either way I am getting the 5S..

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    After finding out that the i5s was not going to have a bigger screen, I decided to try out the S4. I must admit that the hardware was beautiful along with the screen size, but I just hate android so I'm back on my i5.

I will definitely be upgrading to the i5s. I get an upgrade every single year because I either use my account, or my wife's account to upgrade.
    Yep, I love everything about the iPhone except the screen size ... I want a BIGGER SCREEN! Come on Apple...
    Last edited by yohomie; 2013-08-12 at 11:42 AM.

You all realize they haven't given out the "specs" of the new Iphone yet right? These are all just guesses on what is going to be included. Perhaps before critisizing you might want to wait to see what actually is included.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Moosestache For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2013-08-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    There's no bs. Just because they haven't made a 5.5" screen just like Samsung doesn't mean they have too. Just seems like you need a phone with 5.5"
    Him and everybody else who bought an Android phone because they got fed up with doing everything on a tiny, 3.5" screen from 5 years ago.
    Apple did a Nokia and failed to move with the market.
    Result ?
    Huge loss of market share to manufacturers of (actually inferior) larger-screened phones.
    Apple have shot themselves and more importantly, their customers in the foot.
    Jobs' belief that he knew best about screen size has cost Apple dearly.
    Trouble with Jobs was that he thought that being God at Apple was also being God in the market.
    His slavish and dogmatic adherence to his 'design principles' coupled with the runaway success of the original iPhone (which led him to forget that the customer is God in the market) has been Apple's ball and chain in an arena where they could have gone on to world domination.
    When Apple bends to the market, many of its ex-customers will come flooding back.
    Don't 'do a Nokia', Apple !

Quote Originally Posted by Moosestache View Post
    You all realize they haven't given out the "specs" of the new Iphone yet right? These are all just guesses on what is going to be included. Perhaps before critisizing you might want to wait to see what actually is included.
    Then you don't understand.
    People want more than just new internals and interface ... they want the excitement of a new design too.
    Perception is reality, my friend.
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 2013-08-12 at 01:44 PM.

I will wait next year for the exterior

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast