Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wondering What Devices iOS 7 Will Run On?

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That's a graphic straight from Apple I believe so they are the ones that put the 2 iPads together. Makes sense, physically they look and do the same things (the 4 just having a little specs boost on the inside), so it's logical to group them together as iPad with retina display. The iPod touch on the other hand has a noticeably different look than the nomral 5G version and has no back camera.
    I disagree completely. To me, both the iPod touches look the same and have same components except the camera. On the contrary, iPad 3 and iPad 4 only look same but are completely different hardware wise.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I disagree completely. To me, both the iPod touches look the same and have same components except the camera. On the contrary, iPad 3 and iPad 4 only look same but are completely different hardware wise.
    The same components except the camera? My friend, it is obvious you never compared the two. The iPod 4G is trash comparitively.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    The same components except the camera? My friend, it is obvious you never compared the two. The iPod 4G is trash comparitively.
    It won't even support iOS 7.

The previous conversation compares the iPod touch 5G with the camera to the iPod touch 5G without the camera. Minus the camera, color choices, and lanyard hardware, they are identical.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2013-06-11 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

The iPods don't look the same though. The first versions have different color backs and this newer budget version has a silver back. Remember Apple caters to retailers who look at the devices, not tech people who could tell the difference on the inside of a product.

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Hmm... Maybe he added that after my comment? Cuz I could've sworn that wasn't in the article before...
    There isn't an edited timestamp under my article, so you can tell it hasn't been edited.

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I was comparing iPod touch 5g with and without camera. No one said anything about the iPod touch 4g. I know that's trash. I have it. Barely runs iOS 6. I'd happy to restore it down to iOS 5. I have all the shsh. Any way to do that?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I was comparing iPod touch 5g with and without camera. No one said anything about the iPod touch 4g. I know that's trash. I have it. Barely runs iOS 6. I'd happy to restore it down to iOS 5. I have all the shsh. Any way to do that?
    4G still has A4 processor right? If you have 5.X shsh for it you can use iFaith or redsnow to make a custom stitched 5.X firmware for it and restore to that.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

My mistake then; I thought you were comparing the 4G and 5G. Sorry about that

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (2013-06-12)

Well, to Craigslist and amazon to sell my 4g iPod touch.
    Anyone know a good price to sell one for?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12