Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Code Found to be Throttling iPhone and iPad Cellular Data Speeds

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoloBond View Post
    You got to reeeead!
    So is the article talking about 3G or 4G?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Obviously you're trolling.
    Obviously he/she is trolling, but it is "technically" correct.
    Most people don't know (care about) this, so I just call things what everyone else calls things so they understand what I'm talking about (and don't think I'm crazy, lol).
    Besides, these are all "products" sold to us, so they have names like "3G," "4G" and "LTE" for marketing (I mean LTE is Long Term Evolution, come on!). This is what the average person knows these things as; this is what I'll continue to say. The only people who pay attention to that stuff are telecom industry people and real techie people. For instance, technically the AT&T iPhone 4S isn't "4G." AT&T had to get a court ruling to allow them to display 4G in the status bar because it's this 3.5G he/she speaks of, and that wouldn't fit nicely in the status bar. A Verizon 4S is 3G. Just a fun fact.

Stop trolling though, other person! Please.

definitely. On Sprint, my LTE is great, but my 3g is almost unusable in the Chicago area. My old sprint phone was much better on 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post
    Wow, SPIN IT..JUST SPIN IT!! I live in the Seattle area and have noticed HUGE variances in my data speed irrelevant of the time of day. I can tell you it is a serious problem! I pay REAL MONEY for my data stream and should get REAL PERFORMANCE irregardless of any other variables.

Hey, got a deal for ya!! I'll sell you a $250K Lamborghini and you might reach it's top speed as long as there are no other Lambroghini's on the road that day.

Sound kind of ridiculous huh?
    Bad analogy. Lol there are many conditional situations that can play a factor into a car reaching its top speed. Heat, elevation, road condition, etc.

Besides I would hardly consider paying 50 bucks or so a month anywhere comparable to that of a 250k vehicle. And just so you know amount of users effecting data speeds have been a well known condition on speed of Data on mobile phones.

Also with residential dsl. This is also effected by amount of traffic on the main line that distributes to an area. That's why business's will purchase business grade Internet that has a dedicated line do the business rather than sharing the same line with an entire area.

Quote Originally Posted by clkkid View Post
    For the record irregardless is not a word the correct term would be regardless..
    While you are gramatically correct, I believe the word he was looking for was "irrespective".
    Quaerite et invenietis.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amadomon For This Useful Post:

novadam (2013-06-07)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Webster's dictionary says it is a word. Oxford English says it isn't.
    Choose your poison based on your side of the pond.
    I'm not going to trust a dictionary written by a tv show character.

Real or not, when someone states the following "should get REAL PERFORMANCE irregardless of any other variables. " they are saying they should get real performance if you consider no other variables.

If this is true Apple is defrauding its customers. They should be ashamed of themselves, Steve Jobs would surely be distraught at such a flagrant customer integrity breach.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    If this is true Apple is defrauding its customers. They should be ashamed of themselves, Steve Jobs would surely be distraught at such a flagrant customer integrity breach.
    Why do you automatically assume Steve had nothing to do with this?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I just tested my AT&T LTE connection and got 52.62 Mbps down and 15.55 Mbps up. Don't see any throttling going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    I just tested my AT&T LTE connection and got 52.62 Mbps down and 15.55 Mbps up. Don't see any throttling going on here.
    I'm not hating on you, but the article is pretty clear that the throttling is only going on with the 4G (HSPA+) and 3G (HSPA) Networks. Not LTE...

On another note, I thought throttling was something controlled at the tower end, not on our devices themselves. Hopefully this means that there will be a simple jailbreak tweak that let's us have control over our own data again. Either way, I almost always have LTE now that AT&T finally got around to turning it on in Colorado Springs.

Wow, SPIN IT..JUST SPIN IT!! I live in the Seattle area and have noticed HUGE variances in my data speed irrelevant of the time of day. I can tell you it is a serious problem! I pay REAL MONEY for my data stream and should get REAL PERFORMANCE irregardless of any other variables.

Hey, got a deal for ya!! I'll sell you a $250K Lamborghini and you might reach it's top speed as long as there are no other Lambroghini's on the road that day.

Sound kind of ridiculous huh?
    As opposed to paying them with fake money...?

Default Jailbreak?
    Time for a jailbreak tweak/hack

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple's new iPhone 5S!
    New look with new iOS with faster LTE speed (only remove the throttle in iOS).

Yeah, it says it's an incorrect term for the word "regardless." LOL. It really makes no sense because it's a double negative as it contains "ir" and "less." It would be like saying drinking and driving is un-ilegal.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ABOSWORTH For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (2013-06-06)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, I relent, the Lambo analogy was rather dumb in retrospect. In my defense I was tired when I posted it.

And the use of the word 'irregardless' is fairly common where I live. Hear it almost daily.
    Last edited by HeliPilot; 2013-06-06 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iSteveO View Post
    Obviously he/she is trolling, but it is "technically" correct.
    Most people don't know (care about) this, so I just call things what everyone else calls things so they understand what I'm talking about (and don't think I'm crazy, lol).
    Besides, these are all "products" sold to us, so they have names like "3G," "4G" and "LTE" for marketing (I mean LTE is Long Term Evolution, come on!). This is what the average person knows these things as; this is what I'll continue to say. The only people who pay attention to that stuff are telecom industry people and real techie people. For instance, technically the AT&T iPhone 4S isn't "4G." AT&T had to get a court ruling to allow them to display 4G in the status bar because it's this 3.5G he/she speaks of, and that wouldn't fit nicely in the status bar. A Verizon 4S is 3G. Just a fun fact.

Stop trolling though, other person! Please.
    Pointing out something nonsensical is trolling?

In this post you say you call it 4G purely because that's how it's marketed and how people know it. In the original post you contest LTE being called 4G by saying its not really 4G while the others are.

If you're saying it to fit with what people understand, you'd call them all 4G. Pointing out that discrepancy is no more trolling than your initial need to suggest LTE was the only false 4G data type.

"My phone says 4G so clearly I have 4G" is a trolling like statement. The rest is just tech talk.

Quote Originally Posted by helipilot View Post
    ok, i relent, the lambo analogy was rather dumb in retrospect. In my defense i was tired when i posted it.

and the use of the word 'irregardless' is fairly common where i live. Hear it almost daily.
    lmao!

And the use of the word 'irregardless' is fairly common where I live. Hear it almost daily.
    I hear people say "I could care less" when they should be saying "I couldn't care less" all the time too. Doesn't make it correct.

Thanks

Hahaaaaa This thread cracked me up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast