Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Background Manager' Lets Applications Run in the Background Rather Than Being Suspended

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LFS View Post
    Background Manager + CardSwitcher is now doing exactly what I'd hoped to accomplish with Quasar. This is awesome! I wonder what other mind-blowing tweaks are out there that I haven't been paying enough attention to know about...
    I wish card switcher played well with Zephyr and looked better in landscape on the iPad.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Could someone explain to me what all the toggles do? I think I understand Background Mode, but Enable at Launch? What circumstances would make this better to be off?

And for each app I still don't get Fallback to Native and Force Native, nor Auto launch or Auto relaunch.

Finally I see some saying the dev should have enabled the Global mode to Background by default. I don't get this either, wouldn't that shorten battery life by a lot if all apps just kept running?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Could someone explain to me what all the toggles do? I think I understand Background Mode, but Enable at Launch? What circumstances would make this better to be off?

And for each app I still don't get Fallback to Native and Force Native, nor Auto launch or Auto relaunch.

Finally I see some saying the dev should have enabled the Global mode to Background by default. I don't get this either, wouldn't that shorten battery life by a lot if all apps just kept running?
    I emailed the dev asking the same things earlier today but haven't heard back yet. Will post an update if I do.

word of warning, if you set an app to auto relaunch when it closed, it causes bit of an issue when trying to update it via the AppStore

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I was hoping someone would step up to the backgrouding plate as soon as I learned Backgrounder turned Abandon-ware. (no iOS 6 support)

This is a good start but not perfect yet it seems. I too would like some kind of activator method of "backgrounding" an app while it's open. (no need to create something permanent in settings)

So far this app let's me cheat at *****(EDIT don't want to give away my secrets). I can set that game to NEVER background or suspect native. If I miss a shot, I can hit the home button, re-launch the game and it let's me start over again! :-D

I had to press and home home/power button to force a reset before that. (took forever, and possible iPhone corruption)

I added GrindR to always background, it doesn't work so far. When I hit the home button while using GrindR and re-launch GrindR, I get a popup saying it crashed and asks if I want to send an anonymous crash report.

Is this because maybe I need to reboot/re-spring between setting up new settings like stated before?

EDIT! Latest Background Manager version works perfectly!!!!! It works as advertised sweet
    Last edited by JazJon; 2013-06-14 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssneoh View Post
    When I choose 'Background' mode, under it there is another option 'in Background mode'; there's another 2 option: Fallback to Native (ON/OFF) and Force Native mode (ON/OFF); what this 2 options do? Can someone explain? If I want to put an app to background mode, should this 2 options be off or on? Confuse ~ Please advice. Thanks ..
    I am wondering what these options do as well.

"...when you close an application and launch a new application, the application you closed is suspended in the iOS device’s memory..."

As if we don't have enough problems with people confusing storage and memory! It's suspended in storage so that the memory is freed up. Granted, it probably stays in memory too until the memory is needed for something else in case you switch right back, but that is the gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    "...when you close an application and launch a new application, the application you closed is suspended in the iOS device’s memory..."

As if we don't have enough problems with people confusing storage and memory! It's suspended in storage so that the memory is freed up. Granted, it probably stays in memory too until the memory is needed for something else in case you switch right back, but that is the gist of it.
    Suspended in storage? I don't think you know how computers work. The iPhone isn't going into hibernation...

Does Background Manager (or Infinity Task) allow apps to run while phone is locked?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123