Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Background Manager' Lets Applications Run in the Background Rather Than Being Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    You realize iOS 6.1.2 is iOS 6, right? The first number is the actual OS number and anything that follows are minor fixes and tweaks.

+1
    Didn't look myself went off of what wiiwendy said.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazdaman80 View Post
    How would I do this ?, I used to disable it through 'springtomize' before they removed that option. Last time I looked in Cydia there was no iOS 6 compatible tweak that done this.
    Springtomize2 does it. It's under the capabilities section.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

I cant seem to get this to work with the netflix app. No matter what settings I choose it stops playblack when I quit to springboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Springtomize2 does it. It's under the capabilities section.
    Springtomize 2 no longer has the capabilities option, it was removed in one of the last updates, plus disabling multitasking in springtomize also disables siri. As far as I'm aware there was no other way of disabling multitasking other than backgrounder, this new tweak is very much welcome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazdaman80 View Post
    Springtomize 2 no longer has the capabilities option, it was removed in one of the last updates, plus disabling multitasking in springtomize also disables siri. As far as I'm aware there was no other way of disabling multitasking other than backgrounder, this new tweak is very much welcome.
    Oh, I have an older version. You could just install an older deb to get the feature back if you wanted I guess. I'm running v1.4.3-1 just in case

this tweak do absolutely nothing on my device!

Thanks

This makes Chrome not function at all, just comes up with a blank page and you can't do anything.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Really I had none of the problems that I've seen this thing works great what the hell are you guys talking about you just tell the program to actually run in background mode because otherwise it will still run in native mode there's a little tweak for it after you add the app.

As far as Chrome is concerned I tested what slim Jim says I have no problem with it. you don't really need apps like chrome and Safari to run background mode you need cYdia and VLC Remote and other things that will stay down there in your taskbar to run in background you don't need the browsers to do that. So it is better to just pick the apps you use the most and don't apply this to all of the apps. that's just no good you don't want all of your apps running down there in background because you forget something and it drains your battery

What I mean is none of the problems that I've read about in here, ive seen none of that it works great

Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    Really I had none of the problems that I've seen this thing works great what the hell are you guys talking about you just tell the program to actually run in background mode because otherwise it will still run in native mode there's a little tweak for it after you add the app.

As far as Chrome is concerned I tested what slim Jim says I have no problem with it. you don't really need apps like chrome and Safari to run background mode you need cYdia and VLC Remote and other things that will stay down there in your taskbar to run in background you don't need the browsers to do that. So it is better to just pick the apps you use the most and don't apply this to all of the apps. that's just no good you don't want all of your apps running down there in background because you forget something and it drains your battery

What I mean is none of the problems that I've read about in here, ive seen none of that it works great
    Why do you need to run cydia in the background?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post

The issue has been fixed. With the initial release Chrome did not work but the change log for the app states its has been updated for some apps not loading.

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    I cant seem to get this to work with the netflix app. No matter what settings I choose it stops playblack when I quit to springboard.
    Netflix keeps running on my iPhone 5. I have set the global mode to "background" and turned off the "fallback to native" & "force native" as the native settings limit the tweaks functionality. Respring your device after changing settings if they don't take effect, if that don't work do a hard reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBozack View Post
    this tweak do absolutely nothing on my device!
    Did u turn it on by changing the global setting to "background" and reboot/respring? For some reason the dev has the tweak set to "off" by default after installation. WHY?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Why do you need to run cydia in the background?
    If you have lots of sources installed some of which can be slow that it can take awhile to refresh the change list, instead of starring at it you can do something else(!) But I still miss Quasar for iPad, that was true multitasking that no one could argue with. Background manager fills the void for now until Quasar is updated for iOS 6.
    Last edited by Gervs; 2013-05-27 at 11:20 PM.

someone hurry and cracks these tweaks!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camxposure View Post
    Someone pay 99 cents u cheapass.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

5kylar (2013-05-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camxposure View Post
    Lol first off this isn't a pirate forum. Second it's been cracked since before this thread was started

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

I definitely plan to look into this, but I'd also like an Activator option to be able to kill all background apps with something like a triple-tap on the home button.

For those asking for examples of why you'd need this, consider apps like BeejiveIM or Download+.

With BeeJiveIM, when you exit out, you'll still get push notifications, but when you go back into the app after it's been suspended, it'll have to reload itself and reconnect your accounts rather than just opening and letting you reply.

With Download+, you can download files in the background and multitask to something else, but you'll get a push notification reminding you to go back into the app because it'll suspend your downloads after 10 minutes of running in the background.

Groupon is another app that doesn't seem to like being "backgrounded".

Tried to install this a couple of times but it just keeps on getting stuck in loading after install, it wont even respring or reboot. Good thing the safemode feature (volume up while booting) still works.. Conflict with other tweaks i suppose

Default Oh thank God
    Works great on my iPad running iOS 6.1. Total lifesaver, I've been cursing myself since upgrading because no Backgrounder or Quasar. Hooray, hooray, hooray.

Quote Originally Posted by Gervs View Post
    Netflix keeps running on my iPhone 5. I have set the global mode to "background" and turned off the "fallback to native" & "force native" as the native settings limit the tweaks functionality. Respring your device after changing settings if they don't take effect, if that don't work do a hard reboot.

Did u turn it on by changing the global setting to "background" and reboot/respring? For some reason the dev has the tweak set to "off" by default after installation. WHY?!?!

If you have lots of sources installed some of which can be slow that it can take awhile to refresh the change list, instead of starring at it you can do something else(!) But I still miss Quasar for iPad, that was true multitasking that no one could argue with. Background manager fills the void for now until Quasar is updated for iOS 6.
    For background updates of cydia sources you might want to look into installing Curiosa by Ryan Petrich. It can even be set to send update notifications to the NC/Lock Screen.

this is a great tweak i use it with Dropbox so it will just run in background (yes i know you can turn it on using location services), and the ace thing is if you use CardSwitcher you get live preview of whats happening with the app that is running in the background

21. The Following User Says Thank You to gonkowonko For This Useful Post:

LFS (2013-05-29)

Quote Originally Posted by gonkowonko View Post
    this is a great tweak i use it with Dropbox so it will just run in background (yes i know you can turn it on using location services), and the ace thing is if you use CardSwitcher you get live preview of whats happening with the app that is running in the background
    Background Manager + CardSwitcher is now doing exactly what I'd hoped to accomplish with Quasar. This is awesome! I wonder what other mind-blowing tweaks are out there that I haven't been paying enough attention to know about...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast