Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JailbreakMe.com 3.0 - Safari-based Jailbreak Returns (iPad 2 Supported!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chadgraves7814 View Post
    Hey Owensboro Ky here too! Now I know who to hit up if I ever need some help!
    Haha maybe. I'm definitely not the most experienced jailbreaker out there but I have been doing it ever since I got my iPod Touch 2nd Gen. when they first came out and I've certainly toyed with a lot of stuff but I wouldn't call myself an expert lol. But sure, hit me up if you need to and I'll try to help you out
    Last edited by frejes32; 2011-07-07 at 02:15 AM.

The Best!!!!! Thank's so much @comex

Thanks but what about 5.0

Many users will be happy if this jailbreak was for the upcoming iOS

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    Thanks but what about 5.0

Many users will be happy if this jailbreak was for the upcoming iOS
    It will be patched long before 5.0 comes out.

Thanks

This jailbreak actually worked on my iPad 2 on firmware 4.3

I can't seem to get my iPad 2 to update to 4.3.3... I am on 4.3.1 and have tried to update through iTunes, put the iPad into DFU and shift-restored with custom ipsw downloaded here, used Tiny Umbrella, and still keep getting "An Unknown Error has occurred (3194)". I can't use JailbreakMe without being on 4.3.3. What am I missing, guys?

Go into tinyumbrella and into the advanced tab. Uncheck the one that says set hosts to cydia on exit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks so much!! I did that, and also realized I forgot to start the TSS server... iPad 2 is now restoring! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Same thing happening to me on my iPad 2. I got it to install this morning when I was running 4.3, but I was unable to download anything from BigBoss. I figured perhaps the jailbreak would work best on 4.3.3, so I upgraded to that and tried to rejailbreak.

Now Cydia gets about half way to installing and disappears. Anyone else? Do you think this could just be because the site is being hammered right now?
    I finally got it to work. Had to do a complete restore of my iPad 2. The first time returned some sort of error, so I simply tried again and it restored the second time. Cydia installed in a few seconds. I still had to wait a while before I could access BigBoss stuff, but now everything is up and running like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by fookea View Post
    ok the fix for the problem with cydia icon dissapearing is to do a full restore after the initial update to 4.3.3 or whatever . I had the same issue. did a full restore and now it works perfectly !

Good luck !
    That did it!...my 3GS was jailbroken 4.2.1 j/b with greenpoison. after updating, I had the same cydia install problem. Restoring solved that problem. Thanks!

Thanks

Thank you Comex and team donation on its way!

So just a thought for for those wanting to jailbreak devices in an apple store.... Couldn't you use mywi to create your own wifi network, with no restrictions and jailbreakme.....

Works perfectly with iPad 2 on 4.3.3.
    Thanks!

FYI- After restoring my iPad 2, Cydia successfully installed when I ran Jailbreakme 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    Some people who were having Cydia disappear during installation have had success by restoring their device, then jailbreaking with jailbreakme 3.0
    FYI- After restoring my iPad 2, Cydia successfully installed when I ran Jailbreakme 3.0

Same issue here...

Rumor has it that a Restore, then Jailbreakme 3.0 fixes the Cydia disappearing issue.

Apparently the JB is successful, it's just the Cydia install that is failing.
    I'm about to Restore and try again.

The rumor is that Restoring then running Jailbreakme 3.0 will resolve this. I'm restoring now.
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 2011-07-07 at 03:38 PM.

Is anyone having problems with vzw iphone4 running 4.2.8?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

any news on battery life?

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

aww yeah... i love jb's and bj's they r both ftw.

Iv'e been jailbroken for a while and decided to upgrade the rejailbreak I used the new jailbreakme.com and my phone is seriously jacked now... I hod no ssh access which kills me after i rebooted my phone is stuck on the boot screen...

wow this is the easiest jailbreak ive ever seen! too bad this wasnt out 2 weeks ago when i upgraded to 4.2.8 ... snowbreeze was a pain to get the ispw generated took like 20 min just for that! oh well .... atleast any new people to jailbreaking will have no issues doing it! amazing jailbreak guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ManiLeo View Post
    Is anyone having problems with vzw iphone4 running 4.2.8?
    I confirmed yesterday that this Jailbreak does NOT work correctly for the CDMA verizon iphone running 4.2.8.

It jailbreaks fine but once you need to restart the phone or reboot due to cydia downloads you get frozen at the apple logo for a good 40 min and then you cant get into the phone because the lockscreen is frozen.. I tried this 3 times before i restored the phone to stock, just in case it was a one time coincidence, but it did this every time i restarted the phone.

I wish i just stayed with Green Poison on 4.2.6

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast