Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: EDIT: Cydia 1.1.2 Has NOT Released

Default hey Saurik
    Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    So, this build has only five changes: some improvements to error message handling (well tested), a change to the keyboard for the Search panel (I have not even tried this, nor have I looked at the code for it: chpwn made the change, and only tested it on his firmware revision, AFAIK), some modifications to localization (a couple wording changes in Chinese, in particular), a fix for a memory leak in the web browser (that leaks memory so slowly you will never notice unless you are me, but for what it is worth this is well tested), and:

...a drastic modification to the mechanism for "stashing" (where all of your files are rearranged directly after a jailbreak), a change I made a day and a half ago and tested for two minutes. I put this change into a build for comex, who recently made comments about an improved platform for installing jailbreak filesystem changes. I spent a bunch of time thinking about how these changes could go in and not break any existing installations, but I cannot test these corner cases well and so far no one other than me (for two minutes) has tested "1.1.2" on an "already jailbroken device": all testing has been "during a jailbreak install".

This version, therefore, was likely never going to hit the index as a general update for users as a "release": if I were going to do that, I'd make certain the iOS 5 fixes were in first (there were some irritating changes to the web browser on iOS 5 that make things like Cydia's custom User-Agent header not work: this bug is pretty critical for iOS 5 support, and has not been examined yet).

Just wanted to jump in here and say Thank you for your efforts in the Jailbreaking it is greatly appreciated what you bring to the masses of us who wouldn't even know where to begin to unlock and do what you do for us! keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    So, this build has only five changes: some improvements to error message handling (well tested), a change to the keyboard for the Search panel (I have not even tried this, nor have I looked at the code for it: chpwn made the change, and only tested it on his firmware revision, AFAIK), some modifications to localization (a couple wording changes in Chinese, in particular), a fix for a memory leak in the web browser (that leaks memory so slowly you will never notice unless you are me, but for what it is worth this is well tested), and:

...a drastic modification to the mechanism for "stashing" (where all of your files are rearranged directly after a jailbreak), a change I made a day and a half ago and tested for two minutes. I put this change into a build for comex, who recently made comments about an improved platform for installing jailbreak filesystem changes. I spent a bunch of time thinking about how these changes could go in and not break any existing installations, but I cannot test these corner cases well and so far no one other than me (for two minutes) has tested "1.1.2" on an "already jailbroken device": all testing has been "during a jailbreak install".

This version, therefore, was likely never going to hit the index as a general update for users as a "release": if I were going to do that, I'd make certain the iOS 5 fixes were in first (there were some irritating changes to the web browser on iOS 5 that make things like Cydia's custom User-Agent header not work: this bug is pretty critical for iOS 5 support, and has not been examined yet).
    Thanks Saurik. I do appreciate your work! I guess I am now inadvertently a beta tester for 1.1.2! I have an iPhone 4 @ 4.3.3. I will be sure to let you know if something goes buggy.

As for Modmyi.... Mistakes happen, I forgive you! Until my phone crashes and I have to restore and do it all over!

People, Cydia can be downgraded back to 1.1.1 if you did this update and are experiencing issues. Just install the Cydia 1.1.1 .deb using the same method you installed the 1.1.2.deb

Lucky, I'm not install yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    People, Cydia can be downgraded back to 1.1.1 if you did this update and are experiencing issues. Just install the Cydia 1.1.1 .deb using the same method you installed the 1.1.2.deb
    LoL done and done.

Dont sweat it, Josh. It seems only two people in the world knew it was a test. Maybe Saurik will be a little more careful/ clear next time. I guess he doesnt realize that lots of people notice every little thing he does and says.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed the 1.1.2 version and I haven't had any problems yet, but I haven't noticed any chances either

Too lazy to do all that -_-
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Problem is I dont recall what I did! Now that the directions link is gone... I am about 98% on remembering the file paths... Also what was the site where the deb file can be downloaded?

Thanks...

Although still seems to be working fine. I havent had any issues....

Default downgrade
    Hello, where can we download cydia 1.1.1? Thanks in advance!!

Anyone that needs to downgrade to Cydia 1.1.1 can use the following link:

Cydia 1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    Anyone that needs to downgrade to Cydia 1.1.1 can use the following link:

Cydia 1.1.1
    Thanks... Downgraded back to 1.1.1 just to be safe... Also deleted 1.1.2 deb files off iPhone to avoid any future issues if that version actually got released...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123