Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Future of iOS Widgets

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Actually, Macs have been using widgets before Android was ever born.

well Im not talking about computers

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stumbows View Post
    Android has some great things about it or at least the ideas of things but unfortunately with a mobile OS that is shoe horned into so many different models of phones it runs like rubbish.
    please tell us in what way Android OS runs like rubbish? I hear this all the time from people who have never used and Android device but watch a few you tube videos and think they're an expert.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

If only apple would automatically implement this...

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    If only apple would automatically implement this...

Well maybe not automatically.

iPhone? More like MyPhone barrygeorge002's Avatar
    Thanks

I am an Android and iPhone developer and have to say that I agree with most of the users here. I own and dev for a variety of platforms and although the Android OS is very pretty to look at, it lacks the simplicity for users and is difficult to manage. IOS is far easier to work with and runs significantly better. Memory issues run rampant on Android devices and just turning an app off can be problematic depending on your version of their fragmented OS.
    Havin fun on the iphone

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barrygeorge002 View Post
    I am an Android and iPhone developer and have to say that I agree with most of the users here. I own and dev for a variety of platforms and although the Android OS is very pretty to look at, it lacks the simplicity for users and is difficult to manage. IOS is far easier to work with and runs significantly better. Memory issues run rampant on Android devices and just turning an app off can be problematic depending on your version of their fragmented OS.
    Apple should implement this with the iPhone 5. The 4 couldn't handle it well. I have 12 widgets on my Xoom using a total of 42mb for the widgets. The iPhone 5 could handle it easy. Android phones that are running 2.x have no issues with them or closing apps. Maybe it's time you upgrade from donut lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123