Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Future of iOS Widgets

Sweet.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    That impossibly small calculator is Epic Fail. Did whoever made this concept art think the iPhone includes a stylus?

Still, if Apple lets this fly, it's one less thing on my "why I won't go back to the iPhone" list (Flash/widgets/notifications/GV integration). I would really like to see widgets on the iPad, though.
    True. Thanks for pointing that out. The Calculator is simply too small to use. I guess I overlooked that. Sorry.

However, I guess the widgets can be resized to sit on your screen anyway you like. It was just a concept, of how I thought it could look.
    I do have a few more ideas and I will also correct that mistake.

Cheers!
    respect to Peter Hajas, and Joshua Tucker!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dilipjames For This Useful Post:

Kewlk1d (2011-05-17)

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Am I the only one here that doesn't like widgets? I cringe whenever I hear about this Widge thing.

Widgets are so unnecessary. They don't add functionality, they just use your battery to load things you may or may not need, rather than have you touch a button and getting far more info as from a dedicated app.

A weather widget, for instance, is only useful for one glance at the weekly weather outlook once a day, then the rest of the day it updates and chews up your battery every time you unlock. However, one or two presses will bring up my Weather Channel app or Safari, where I can look at maps and radar - far more information.

I don't mind that people use them, I just don't see the point in them other than novelty. Widgets are just one of those unfortunate things that became popular because they have the illusion of usefulness, when in fact they're just bloatware.

You ever stop to think that these are two different groups of people?
    I could not agree more. But I am curious to see someone pull this off. That would be pretty cool, I wouldn't get it but I would give props to who can pull it off.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Josh has easily become my favorite MMi staff writer. Great posts!

Widge looks very promising but I too am concerned about the memory issue. I find that my iPhone 4 runs low on memory often. I just did a clean update to 4.3.3 + redsn0w and I'm going to minimize the tweaks I include to avoid springboard crashing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Actually, Macs have been using widgets before Android was ever born.
    Yes, they have. Apple does do many fairly original things and widgets were one of the many features windows and google copied. Poorly.

I think the reason I don't like widgets is they currently don't seem "native" yeah there is dream board but I don't like dreamboard set ups. There is so much extra work in doing simple tasks like rearranging icons and stuff. I think this concept is awesome and has the potential to give that native feal to a widget

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Am I the only one here that doesn't like widgets? I cringe whenever I hear about this Widge thing.

Widgets are so unnecessary. They don't add functionality, they just use your battery to load things you may or may not need, rather than have you touch a button and getting far more info as from a dedicated app.

A weather widget, for instance, is only useful for one glance at the weekly weather outlook once a day, then the rest of the day it updates and chews up your battery every time you unlock. However, one or two presses will bring up my Weather Channel app or Safari, where I can look at maps and radar - far more information.

I don't mind that people use them, I just don't see the point in them other than novelty. Widgets are just one of those unfortunate things that became popular because they have the illusion of usefulness, when in fact they're just bloatware.

You ever stop to think that these are two different groups of people?
    I'm on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Josh has easily become my favorite MMi staff writer. Great posts!

Widge looks very promising but I too am concerned about the memory issue. I find that my iPhone 4 runs low on memory often. I just did a clean update to 4.3.3 + redsn0w and I'm going to minimize the tweaks I include to avoid springboard crashing.
    What on Earth did you do to your iPhone 4 to make the memory run so low? I TRIED to run it into the ground yesterday on purpose and couldn't.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 2011-05-17 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can't wait to get wige

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I love when android users come into idevice forums and make comments. Yes droid has AWESOME features and some are embarrassing there not available on stock iOS, but if it's not an iPhone it's not as smooth. I've tried various android devices and the device just doesnt work as smooth. Scrolling animations and such always seem a little sketchy
    Not on the motorola atrix! No lag whatsoever smoother than iphone actually

That is totally insane... bringing HTC to iPhone... stupid...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Another thing that would be cool is, live wallpapers!!!! on retina

The future for iOS widgets is bright and the possibilities are exponential.

Quote Originally Posted by milkycloud View Post
    That is totally insane... bringing HTC to iPhone... stupid...
    You guys need to stop trying to give Android credit for widgets, Apple started widgets before Android even thought of them. So he's bringing Apple...to Apple, simple as that.

I think the project is cool, I'm just iffy on the battery life while running them. I guess we'll see.

Widgets on the iOS platform. Humm the idea is very nice but the phone itself just isn't ready. I think for widgets well only the future will tell.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't wait!

Green Apple
    Thanks

How long before Steve Jobs boots Widge from the app store and implements it into iOS, calling it the next revolution in mobile computing?
    Do I brag about which phone I have in this space?

Quote Originally Posted by kfb388 View Post
    love when apple users complain how horrible android is yet implement it into ios all the time
    So android didnt copy apple at all then. 4 icons along the dock, keyboard looks the same, icon pages........
    No Sig Spam..

/\ icon dock copying....

Hope it'll support iPad 2

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Widgets eat battery and that's a FACT !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast