Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Sets Guinness Records

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Guess what? The iPhone is a bunch of things, including a gaming system. The main reason it's outselling these other 'gaming systems' is BECAUSE it does a lot of things, and the gaming systems don't. It's also succeeding because it does many games very well, and it does them it's own way. The Wii does games it's own way too. It just happens to be a piece of crap.

If you're a runner, a swimmer and a pilot, that doesn't mean you can't enter into a race. You're still a runner regardless. It just makes victory that much sweeter when you beat out a bunch of people who are only committed to that one thing.

it shouldn't matter what you want to call it. what matters is not all 1.5 million people bought the thing to play games on. if you took away all the other features would apple sell 1.5 million iphones in the first week?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    Guess what? The iPhone is a bunch of things, including a gaming system. The main reason it's outselling these other 'gaming systems' is BECAUSE it does a lot of things, and the gaming systems don't. It's also succeeding because it does many games very well, and it does them it's own way. The Wii does games it's own way too. It just happens to be a piece of crap.

If you're a runner, a swimmer and a pilot, that doesn't mean you can't enter into a race. You're still a runner regardless. It just makes victory that much sweeter when you beat out a bunch of people who are only committed to that one thing.
    Guess what? No it's not a gaming system. It's a PHONE. I don't think Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony are paying any attention to Apple's iPhone sales in relation to THEIR gaming console sales. Why? Because they're two different types of products. iPhone isn't a gaming system....it's just a phone that plays games.

The reason the iPhone outsells gaming consoles is simple.......there's a much higher demand and necessity for cell phones rather than video games. But that fact is irrelevant anyway because they're two different types of products.

I play NES and SNES games on mine with a Wii controller... Game system? You tell me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpyder View Post
    I play NES and SNES games on mine with a Wii controller... Game system? You tell me.
    Now you need to mirror the display on a tv with an audio video cable. I've actually done this may times. But still not a game system to me tho.

Tried that but it was too laggy. Back to the subject at hand, it is not JUST a game system but it fits most of the traits that would define a game system. It does plays thousands of games. I agree that you are cutting it short by defining it as a game system, but it definitely does compete in that market ad thus deserves mention in this record. Can't a PC be a "game system".

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think it is a great gaming device.. With updates ,, how about that ,,

iPhone? More like MyPhone James360Petty's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course this is a games platform...... so it qualifies as a games system, I play my iPhone more than I play my Xbox 360...... and yet my 360 is a million times better! And we talk about Sat Nav and other such, I had to pull over and swap my TomTom for my iPhone cause my TomTom got lost........ yeh it maybe a phone first but damn it is epic when it comes to doing other stuff..... so good it qualifies for the individual titles!!!

it is a game sytem, but its not a game console.

iPhone? More like MyPhone James360Petty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Guess what? No it's not a gaming system. It's a PHONE. I don't think Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony are paying any attention to Apple's iPhone sales in relation to THEIR gaming console sales. Why? Because they're two different types of products. iPhone isn't a gaming system....it's just a phone that plays games.
    Satoru Iwata, the Nintendo president, is understood to have told his senior executives recently to regard the battle with Sony as a victory already won and to treat Apple, and its iPhone and iPad devices, as the “enemy of the future"

This maybe a completely unfounded quote... but be real Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft are all watching Apple and are all loosing money as a direct result of the iPhone and iPod touch......

If your saying its not a gaming system but happened to mention it has the capability of playing games then yes it is a "system used for gaming". It may hold other functions but you can argue xbox and ps3 hold different functions to since they give you access to the internet facebook, netflix and more.
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James360Petty View Post
    Satoru Iwata, the Nintendo president, is understood to have told his senior executives recently to regard the battle with Sony as a victory already won and to treat Apple, and its iPhone and iPad devices, as the “enemy of the future"

This maybe a completely unfounded quote... but be real Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft are all watching Apple and are all loosing money as a direct result of the iPhone and iPod touch......
    I seriously doubt they will lose money over the iPhone/iPad. They may be watching Apple closely because someday Apple may have a gaming console in the works. That would put a knot in their throat.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    If your saying its not a gaming system but happened to mention it has the capability of playing games then yes it is a "system used for gaming". It may hold other functions but you can argue xbox and ps3 hold different functions to since they give you access to the internet facebook, netflix and more.
    Then would you classify the XBOX/PS3 as a computer since it gives you access to those features?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    No it would make best selling tablet computer. You people need to stop whining constantly.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    Hi I'm sarcasm, nice to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpyder View Post
    No, it makes you a pirate.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 2011-05-16 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My dad got an iPhone launch week. As did my boss at work. Neither of them have games on their phones. I would like to officially bump the Guinness figure down to 1,499,998.

Green Apple
    Thanks

some of the people in this thread are morons. sometimes i wish that news threads were not able to have comments added to them.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpura View Post
    some of the people in this thread are morons. sometimes i wish that news threads were not able to have comments added to them.
    Might wanna put down that rock until you move out of your glass house. I'm just sayin'.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenpura View Post
    So then just read the news story and not the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Hi I'm sarcasm, nice to meet you.

No, it makes you a pirate.
    Not when it's a game you own. I play the game I bought and played as a kid. All legal. Look it up.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post

The reason the iPhone outsells gaming consoles is simple.......there's a much higher demand and necessity for cell phones rather than video games. But that fact is irrelevant anyway because they're two different types of products.
    Well if Nintendo and Sony want to compete, then the answer is clear. Start releasing those types of products, rather than absurdly expensive consoles that only do one thing. but according to your poor argument, the 3DS may already be in that category of devices since it's not just a gaming system. It's a 3D camera that happens to play games. And I guess a car that plays CDs and has video screens in it isn't a car either, right?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast